With the advancement of social media and the Internet, there are now more ways than ever to make a little extra cash on the side.
So, can you really make money filling out surveys?
Yes – but let me elaborate.
Filling out surveys isn’t a day job income replacement, instead it falls in the line of a supplemental income method. The less you make per hour in your day job the more valuable this method will be for you. If you’re already making over $100,000 per year than this strategy may be worth skipping, but if you’re at or below the median household income average for the US (roughly $50,000 per year) than this strategy becomes much more relevant.
The other benefit of filling out surveys is that it’s a much more guaranteed method for earning money online as opposed to other methods, such as sales or pawning off your grandmother’s vintage ring. Bottom line, it is drop dead simple to get your very first check of online income from filling out online surveys.
How much money could I potentially make taking surveys?
Getting your first check of real online earnings may just serve to inspire you to move on for more. The payout potential is entirely dependent on the company you’re using to fill out surveys, selecting the highest payout surveys from the available opportunities and going through the surveys as quickly as possible while still providing quality results.
But, it’s easy. If you’re interested in getting paid to take surveys at home, I put together a list of my favorites. It can be a little time consuming, but our recommendation is to sign up for all the survey sites on this list at once. And that’s because each site is probably only going to be able to match you up with one or two paid surveys a month.
So, if you want to make any real money — you need to be a member of a LOT of panels. Do this kind of work while watching TV — and if you’re able to complete all the surveys you qualify for, you could earn more than $250 a month!
Here are the Top 6 Survey Sites That Pay:
- Voice your opinion in online surveys
- Earn points for surveys
- Redeem for cash and rewards
Go here and sign up to see if you qualify.
2. Swagbucks: The best part of this site is how easy it is to cash out. Save up your points if you want, or redeem for a $1, $3 or $5 Amazon Gift Card right away! Get paid $0.50 to $50 per survey, depending on how long it takes you, plus a $3 bonus for signing up. Swagbucks will also pay you to watch videos, try products, shop online, and even search the web. Go here to sign up.
3. Survey Spot: Another very popular, legitimate survey company. You can redeem your points earned for cash, Amazon gift cards, airline miles, and more. Every 500 points equals $5, and you can choose to get paid at $5 for an Amazon gift card or at $10 for cash! Go here to sign up.
4. Ipsos i-Say: A reputable, global survey-based market research company that gives its community members a chance to provide opinions in exchange for survey points that earn you money. Earn towards gift cards to spend at your favorite places such as Starbucks, Amazon, Target, and more. Or just trade in for cash through prepaid VISA gift cards or Pay Pal funds! Go here to see if you qualify. (Spots fill up quickly and reset each month, so if you aren’t accepted, try back around the 1st of the next month!)
5. Opinion Outpost: Pays in point rewards for every completed survey. You can cash these in for instant win opportunities, sweepstakes, or cash. There are also opportunities to do free product testing. You can choose to get paid at $5 for an Amazon gift card or at $10 for cash. Go here to sign up.
6. Inbox Dollars: Inbox Dollars is a fun site with a great user interface, and really easy to navigate. Just like Swagbucks, there are plenty of options to make money beyond just taking surveys – you can get paid to read emails, answer poll questions, search the web, complete product offers, and spin Billy’s “Spin to Win” wheel (my favorite!) There are also online sweeps you can enter (which don’t cost you a dime, you just use the sweepstake entries you earn.) Click here to join Inbox Dollars (and get a $5 sign up bonus!)
Tips For Successful Survey Taking:
Always Be Honest
When you’re joining an online survey site, they’ll usually ask you some questions to best match you with surveys. The questions will be things like, total household income, marital status, how many kids do you have, pet ownership questions, what vehicle do you drive, etc. Make sure you answer all of these questions honestly, because the whole point of companies paying for surveys to be completed is to perform market research. If you’re dishonest, the results will be skewed. Plus you never know what a company is looking for, so if you say you have no kids when really you have 3 kids, then you’d end up being discluded from kid-related surveys, and vice versa.
Get a Separate Email Address
I’d recommend getting a new, free email address from gmail or somewhere similar, because you’ll find that your inbox will be bombarded with survey offers.
This is a good thing because the more survey offers you receive, the more money you’ll make. But you don’t want to have your regular inbox overflowing either, so get a separate email address just for surveys.
Sign Up for All of the Sites Below
Each survey site will have different surveys, be partnered with different companies, and be looking for different people. So your best bet is to sign up for all of the sites below. That’s exactly what I did and I was always getting new paid surveys (to the point where I didn’t have enough time to do them all.)
Never Pay to Join a Survey Site
The point of joining a survey site is for you to earn money, not for you to spend money. Legitimate survey sites will never ask for your credit card details as a requirement for signing up, so if you come across a site that does that, run.
So with that being said, I hope you found this article to be helpful and motivating to make some extra cash $$$