Pocket Your Dollars: 5 Attitude Changes That Will Help You Pay Down Debt, Avoid Financial Stress, and Keep More of What You Make hit shelves nationwide in mid-December 2012. Buy your copy from Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
What’s In It?
In the book I share the secrets that will help you change the way you think about money. Seven years ago my husband and I were surprised to discover the mountain of debt we’d accumulated. We knew we’d have to make big changes. Thirty months later we were debt free and have stayed that way ever since.
How did we do it? It wasn’t through a step-by-step financial program or spending plan. It turns out, budgets can’t fix everything–real change takes an attitude adjustment.
You too can triumph over the pitfalls that lead to financial stress. With practical help in every chapter, including real-life examples and easy-to-use self-assessment tools, you’ll soon understand what I discovered: Lasting change can start today.
What Others Are Saying
I’m not the only one that believes your financial life can be transformed via this book. Hear what other experts say about it (emphasis mine):
“I highly recommend Pocket Your Dollars. It’s perfect for those who want to fix their finances, but don’t want another budgeting or money management system. This book addresses the root causes behind most money problems.”
–Will Chen, Co-Founder of Wisebread.com
“This is a must read for anyone who doesn’t know why they can’t make their budget work. Carrie will help you figure out what makes you tick when it comes to money. I highly recommend this book.”
–Stephanie Nelson, The Coupon Mom (CouponMom.com)
“This book will transform your relationship with money for the better…and for life.”
–Tory Johnson, founder of Spark and Hustle and New York Times bestselling author
Where to Buy Your Copy
You can buy your own copy of Pocket Your Dollars at all major online book sellers including Amazon and Barnes & Noble. It is also available in Barnes & Noble, Family Christian and Lifeway stores nationwide. In the upper midwest region it’s also available in-store at Target, Costco and Sam’s Club stores.
After you’ve purchased and read your copy, please leave a review on Amazon. I’d greatly appreciate it!
It was great fun to meet so many of you at the four book signings we held in early 2013. We don’t have any other signings currently scheduled.
Radio, television, online media and blogs have expressed tremendous interest in Pocket Your Dollars: 5 Attitude Changes That Will Help You Pay Down Debt, Avoid Financial Stress, and Keep More of What You Make. As additional interviews are confirmed and articles published we’ll update the list here.
Most Notable Media Mentions
- Forbes.com, LearnVest.com, and Credit.com - The Power of Purposeful Thinking: How I Thought My Way Out Of $60,000 In Debt - December 2012
- US News & World Report Money and Business Insider - How Paying Off $50,000+ in Debt Inspired a New Business - December 2012
- SheKnows.com - Best Self-Improve Books of 2013 – December 2012
- BookPage - January 2013, page 20
- Bill Martinez Live Radio (National) – January 9, 2013 and subsequent apperances
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek - Business Book Haiku – January 14, 2013, p. 75
- Chicago Tribune - Planning aside, attitude crucial to being debt-free – Sunday, January 20, 2013 (print version; online version was released a few days prior)
- Minneapolis Star Tribune - Attitude adjustment can help get you out of debt – Sunday, January 20, 2013
- One of Amazon’s Kindle Select 25 – Exciting books for the week of January 20-26, 2013
- Crosswalk.com - How to Solve Financial Problems by Changing Your Attitude About Money – February 2013
- About.com - Book Review: Pocket Your Dollars by Carrie Rocha – February 2013
- Chicago Parent – December 2012
- FOX 9 Morning News (Twin Cities, MN) – December 19, 2012
- Inman News (Real Estate Publication) – Is It Really A Money Problem? – December 2012
- Under 30 Finance – 10 Must Read Personal Finance Books from 2012
- Blogger reviews by The Military Guide, Northern Cheapskate, Bible Money Matters, Money Master Mom, The Well and Robin’s Chicks
- Encouragement Cafe Radio - January 2013
- MN Parent Magazine - Paying Down Debt – January 2013
- Credit.com – 3 People Who Dug Out of Deep Debt – January 2, 2013
- KSTP 5 Morning News (ABC affiliate) – January 6, 2013
- Twin Cities Live Super Saver Day (ABC affiliate) – January 8, 2013
- Relevant Radio (National) – January 8, 2013 (about halfway through the mp3) and subsequent appearances
- KTIS 900 AM (Minneapolis/St. Paul) - January 9, 2013
- The Bob Dutko Radio Show (National) – January 10, 2013
- The Georgine Rice Radio Show (Portland) – January 17, 2013
- He’s Alive Radio Network/Listeners Cafe with Melissa Flores (Northeast) – January 18, 2013
- KARE 11 News at 4 pm (NBC affiliate) – January 21, 2013
- Talk Credit Radio (Sarasota, FL) – January 21, 2013
- WCCO TV Morning Show (CBS affiliate) – January 23, 2013
- Northwest Cable 12 – Maple Grove money saver publishes book (Minneapolis, MN) - January 23, 2013
- Daybreak with Deb Gustafson Radio Show (Quad Cities, IA) – January 25, 2013
- Divine Calling Radio Show with Stephanie Riggs (Denver) – January 28, 2013
- View from the Heart Radio Show with Alison Stevens (New York) – January 29, 2013
- Change is in the Air Radio Show with Nicole Smith (California) – January 29, 2013
- The Bottom Line Radio Show (California) – January 31, 2013
- Visibly Fit with Wendie Pett TV Show - January 2013
- 180 Radio with Karl Clausen (Chicago) – starting February 2013 (weekly)
- Living the Word Radio with Glenn Mertz (Cleveland) – February 25, 2013
- Moneywise Guys Radio (California) – March 4, 2013
- Talk Credit Radio (Sarasota, FL) - March 4, 2013
- Metro Family Magazine (Oklahoma) – April 2013
- The Morning Ride with Mark Elfstrand Radio (Chicago) – April 5, 2013
- The Conversation Radio Program (Midwest) – April 12, 2013
Throughout 2013 and beyond I’m teaching from Pocket Your Dollars to groups nationwide including:
- Set Apart for Women (Roseville, MN) – March 8-9, 2013
- Inver Hills Community College (Inver Grove Heights, MN) – February 26 and March 27, 2013
- College of Saint Benedict (St. Joseph, MN) - April 8, 2013
- Nevada Women’s Money Conference (Reno, NV) – April 20, 2013
- National Women’s Money Conference (Las Vegas, NV) – April 27, 2013
If you’d like to invite me to speak at your event, please email me.
Your Success Stories
I’d love to hear the difference that Pocket Your Dollars: 5 Attitude Changes That Will Help You Pay Down Debt, Avoid Financial Stress, and Keep More of What You Make makes in your life. Please email me or tweet me with your success story.
Want More Information?
Before you email me with other questions about Pocket Your Dollars the book read through this Q&A and its comments. Your question may have already been addressed there. If you are looking for the spending plan worksheet I mention on page 166 you can find it here. If you’re still left wondering about something, feel free to email me.