Headed to Bunker Beach Water Park in Coon Rapids, MN? Don’t pay full price – there are several different ways to save on your admission, no matter which day you go. Here are some ideas:
Visit on a Discount Day
Bunker Beach opens today (Friday, 6/9) and offers admission discounts and freebies on select dates:
- Friday, 6/9 (Opening Day) – Free gift to the first 100 guests
- Sunday, 6/18 (Father’s Day) – 50% off admission when you bring your dad
- Thursday, 6/22 (Half Price Admission) – Half price admission all day
- Tuesday, 6/27 (National Sunglasses Day) – Free pair of sunglasses to the first 100 season pass holders
- Tuesday, 7/4 (Independence Day) – Half price admission for veterans and active duty military with ID or proof of service
- Wednesday, 7/5 (Explore Your Parks Day) – $5 off admission, plus no vehicle permit fee required (normally $5)
- Sunday, 7/9 (Be a Kid Day) – Everyone gets the under 48″ admission price
- Monday, 7/24 (Half Price Admission) – Half price admission all day
- Wednesday, 8/2 (Explore Your Parks) – $5 off admission, plus no vehicle permit fee required (normally $5)
- Friday, 8/25 (Half Price Admission) – Half price admission all day
Go with a Group
If you have a group of 20 or more, you can get in for as little as $8/$11 per person when you make a reservation at least two weeks prior to your arrival date. They also have box lunches available if you so choose for $5/person. Group rates are as follows and must be paid at least 7 days in advance.
- 20-50 people: $13 per person ($10 for under 48″)
- 51-100 people: $12 per person ($9 for under 48″)
- 100+ people: $11 per person ($8 for under 48″)
Visit After 4 p.m. or Before 10:30 a.m.
Bunker Beach offers Twilight Admission after 4 p.m. daily. Guests over 48″ get in for $11 (normally $15) and guests under 48″ or senior citizens ages 62 and over get in for $9 (normally $12). Babies under 1 year of age are always free.
Got little ones? This year Bunker Beach is offering Tot Time on Wednesdays in July from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. For $3 you’ll be able to bring your little one to enjoy the adventure pool without the crowd. If you choose to stay after that time, you can apply the $3 you paid (includes 1 adult and 1 child) toward the regular admission fee.
Print a $3 Off Coupon
You can also visit the Bunker Beach booth at the Anoka County Fair (7/24 – 7/30) to pick up a $3 off coupon. Admission coupons have also popped up in Valpak fliers in past years.
Buy a Season Pass
If you’re planning to visit Bunker Beach several times, it may be in your best interest to buy a season pass. 2017 Season Passes are available for $90 per person for guests over 48″ and $65 per person for guests under 48″ and senior citizens (ages 62+). These passes would pay for themselves in 6 visits (that’s going off of the regular admission price). Season passholders also have a separate entrance line for quick access.
From 7/20 – 9/4, you’ll be able to buy a pass for the remainder of the 2017 season and save 50%.
What other ways do you know of to save at Bunker Beach? What tips do you have for people who are interested in checking it out this summer?