Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save Shopping List 7/6 – 7/12/14

You will notice that we have included two different final prices for items with a corresponding manufacturer’s coupon in this week’s shopping list.  That’s because Rainbow Foods stores will no longer be doubling coupons.  If you shop at Copps or Pick ‘n Save, you will be able to double coupons as usual.  Also note that the Rainbow ad this week is very small and is for select locations only, as some stores are already beginning to close.

If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read the Roundy’s (Rainbow Foods, Copps, and Pick ‘n Save) coupon policy before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

Two things to remember about these Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save coupon matchups. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, if you shop at Copps or Pick ‘n Save and your ad doesn’t match the items mentioned in this shopping list, then check out what we saw for sales last week.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

About Carrie Rocha

I am passionate about helping people live within their means so they can get out and stay out of debt. I live in Minneapolis, MN with my husband and two little girls.

Comments

1. katrina says:

there’s a 1.50 off mars bars coupon listed on the target shopping list that can go with the mars ice cream bars making them .49. my ad says 3-16 count varieties.

2. katrina says:

it says it is on smartsource.com

3. katrina says:

also coupons.com has an heral essences shampoo for $1

4. Grocery just went up in the twin cities area thanks rainbow. I hate to say it but I look at it,s not worth saving coupons because you are not going to have many deals. Bring on hyvee

5. I was wondering if you were going to do a coupon shopping list for all of us that have lost our Rainbow stores for Lunds? Thank you for all that you do!

6. I’m not getting any the following coupons to come up for the GM cereal:
    $0.75/1 Cheerios Original Cereal printable
    $1.00/1 GM cereal printable

7. I figure a dollar or two here and there is still saving money. No, we will no longer have double coupons, but there are still other stores we can shop at and save at. I won’t give up my coupon files as money saved is money earned. Everything but my income keeps going up so any time I can save my family a little money, I try to do so. I also miss being able to do price matches right at the register at Target like they used to do. You just go with the flow:)

8. ARTY MIKE says:

Does anyone have a list of new Rainbow Stores opening dates? I believe my Midway Rainbow store will be one of the last to transition to a new Rainbow store (sometime after the 12th). I believe the Minneapolis Lagoon Rainbow will transition to something else THIS Thursday. Anyone have anything definitive?

IMHO: the OLD Rainbow foods on Pioneer Trail MAY become a Jerry’s Foods on July 12th

• Christina says:

I believe the chaska rainbow will be transitioning to a Jerry’s Foods on the 8th.

• Chanska Rainbow will be Jerry’s Cub on Sunday the 13th

Roseville (includes stand-alone liquor store) – 1201 Larpenteur Avenue
        St. Louis Park (includes stand-alone liquor store) – 5370 16th Street West
        St. Paul (Arcade) – 892 Arcade Street

The 2 new Byerly’s stores will be located at:
        Eden Prairie – 970 Prairie Center Drive
        Woodbury (includes stand-alone liquor store) – 7050 Valley Creek Plaza

• Anyone know anything about the shoreview location? This is kinda sad, weird to be sentimental about a grocery store, but I think I am a bit….

• Flannel Guy says:

Arty Mike: I’m fairly sure that the Richfield Rainbow is going to be a Jerry’s…Is there such a thing as Jerry’s Rainbow??

• What about the Bloomington store? I didn’t see it on this list, and that’s my favorite Rainbow.

• The rainbow stores that are staying “rainbows” will only keep the name. They will be Jerry owned with their products.

Eagan Cub will open Wednesday, July 16.

Also Rainbow locations will be closed by July 22.

9. The first entry about the old el paso deal should read $1.00 off meat not $4.00 off Thanks

10. $1/1 Minute Maid Fruit Drink or Lemonade Printable

I dont see that coupon

• Thanks, Anon! There’s a $0.75/1 Minute Maid Light printable that I added instead if that variety is included in the sale.

11. kristen says:

For the RB that are not sold, I heard they will be open until September. Does anyone know what the plan is? Will they discount all the brands until they are gone or will they still be ordering product? I can’t see them doing much business with stopping double coupons before they close. The stores were already dead and now they will lose the couponers too. I can only see shopping there each week if the plan is to start discounting all the brands.

• I stopped at the old Rainbow that is now a Byerlys. it transferred over last night. They had double the shoppers. I will miss Rainbow. Their deals were always a ton better then Cub. Cub puts out a bad ad each weak. The Cub ad will get even worse with Rainbow out of the mix.

• The Rainbow in Maple Grove is closing July 22nd, the store was given 2 weeks notice from Roundy’s. They don’t seem to have gotten anything new in, I have heard from a few employees they think everything will be heavily discounted the last couple days but there’s no official word yet.

12. The Brownberry $0.55/1 is actually for another bread, so it wont work unfortunately.

There is a $3/1 coupon for Premier Protein available on Coupons.com; they are currently on sale for $4, so its only $1 for a 4 pack – regularly $8.

13. Cub stinks. I like how they stopped the $5 coupon as soon as the announcement was made. Today I tried using a coupon that expired June 30 and the register denied it due to coupon being expired. It used to be 3 months then 1 month and now apparently not even a month! I know some people don’t like Target due to the security breach but I say that could happen anywhere and I hope Target can give Cub a run for its money. I bought everything at Rainbow so will very much miss Rainbow and all the great staff at the store I shopped at.

14. The self checkouts at Cub have always declined the expired coupons for me but a staff person is always able to override them for me as long as they are within the 30 day window. I used a couple yesterday and had no problem. Change is hard, but inevitable. We will adjust. I am thankful for PYD grocery lists with coupon match ups. I like to save money when I can and I’m thankful PYD does all that work for us each week:)

15. Re: any deal based on a double q – I thought the last double day was 7/5/14

16. I was wondering if you were going to do a coupon shopping list for all of us that have lost our Rainbow stores for Lunds? Thank you for all that you do!

17. So im having trouble with using coupons.com and etc websites to download loadable coupons im scared to download the printer thing up to the website, CAN ANYBODY pleaseee help, I just to know its actually safe to use, thanks.

• Lyssa, we would never encourage our readers to download anything we weren’t sure was safe. Rest assured that these websites are perfectly legit.