Would you be more likely to get or stay in shape if you were rewarded for your progress? That is exactly what Walgreens has done by implementing their new Steps with Balance Rewards program. In a nutshell, this program gives you points for exercising, recording your weight, and filling prescriptions.
Once you earn enough points, you can redeem them for pretty much anything at any Walgreens or Duane Reade store. It really is a win-win for the consumer, a.k.a. you!
How It Works
- Register for the Steps with Balance Rewards program. If you already have a Balance Rewards account, this will allow you to connect that card with the Steps program. If you do not have a Balance Rewards account, you will be prompted to create one.
- Earn Points by recording your steps/miles walked, weighing yourself daily, testing your blood pressure and glucose, logging your sleep, as well as your O2 saturation. You also receive points for each prescription you fill and each vaccine you receive; just give your card to the pharmacist each time. You can log your progress on the Walgreens website or on their mobile app.
- Redeem your points for rewards on your next purchase.
A Few Extras
- A really neat thing about the Steps with Balance Rewards program is it allows you to link your account with a variety of different fitness devices. The devices you can currently use with this program are the Fitbit Flex, Fitbit Zip, iHealth Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker, iHealth Wireless Blood Pressure Wrist Monitor, and the Jawbone Up24.
- You can also link your account with three different Apps: MapMyFitness, MyFitnessPal, and RunKeeper.
- Lastly, Steps members get access to extra coupons accessible from their Steps dashboard.
There are lots of other great benefits to the Steps with Balance Rewards program. You can learn more about them as well get any of your questions answered in their FAQs section.
Your turn: Will this program motivate you to get or stay in shape?