Walmart Savings Catcher
The tool will take the items you buy at a Walmart store near you and compare the prices of those same items with local competitors. If any eligible items are found at a lower price, the difference will be applied to a Walmart eGift Card which can be used immediately or accumulated over time.
If you don’t like to look through the store ads every week and see which store has the best price for items on your shopping list, this is right up your alley, especially if you prefer to buy name-brand items. I look at this like price-matching after the fact.
How It Works
After you’re done shopping at your Walmart store, visit the Savings Catcher website and enter the receipt number and date found on your receipt (toward the bottom).
The tool will then take the price you paid for each eligible item at Walmart and compare it with advertised prices from the top stores in your area.
If lower prices were found, you’ll receive the difference (whether it’s $0.02 or $10) on a Walmart Rewards eGift Card within 72 hours of submitting your receipt. You can choose to use the balance right away or let it grow to a bigger amount.
What Items Are Eligible For Price Matching With This Tool?
Here is a list of items that are eligible and not eligible for price matching with Savings Catcher.
- Most groceries such as cereal, rice and cookies. Excludes: store brand items, deli, bakery and weighed items like produce and meat.
- Consumable items, such as paper towels, bleach and trash bags.
- Health and beauty items, such as shampoo and makeup.
Not Eligible Items
- General merchandise items (including, but not limited to, electronics, media and gaming, toys, sporting goods, housewares, small appliances, home décor, bedding, books and magazines, apparel and shoes, jewelry, furniture, office supplies and seasonal products).
- Non-branded items.
- Tobacco, firearms, gasoline, tires, prescription drugs, optical and photo products and services, or products that require a service agreement such as wireless, automotive or financial products.
The Savings Catcher program is only available in select cities for now:
- Minneapolis (woohoo!)
- San Diego
Your turn: Have you had a chance to use the Savings Catcher tool? How much have you saved by using it?