Target Shopping List 1/5 – 1/11/14

As you get started shopping at Target we’d recommend getting familiar with Target’s price matching policy and Target’s coupon policy. You may want to bring printouts of these with you to the store so that you have them in case you run into issues. If you are new to Pocket Your Dollars, learn how to read this shopping list or troubleshoot problems when printing coupons.

Remember that this is a starting list of deals for the week. As readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store or we get emails with deal ideas, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Target fanatics should check out the ever-changing supply of Target online coupons, be sure to sign up for Target’s text-messaged coupons, enroll in Target’s Cartwheel savings program, and browse Target’s weekly ad online. Plus, if you have a Target card, you can get 5% off your total bill when you use the card to pay.

Your turn: What other great deals did you spot?

Comments

• JoAnna says

Always best to start by saying thank you so much for providing this amazing service for free!! The target ad is not available as early as the Walgreen and CVS ads are available. Also, Carrie, Laura and the whole PYD team have families that come first. I am amazed at how fast the lists are available.

• Angie says

Walgreens and CVS are usually available on Fridays. (with the website and via email.) SOMETIMES Target, Walmart, Cub and Rainbow are out on Saturdays. Sometimes not until Sunday mornings. (although Cub usually gets sent out via email on Saturdays 12-4pm) if you’re impatient (like I am!!) its pretty easy to put a list together yourself with the coupon data base link. Although I double check Carrie n Crew`s list just to be sure I didn’t miss anything!

• Kae says

I read Paige’s question and didn’t take offense – it was a simple question. Perhaps Paige is new? Your response assumed she isn’t thankful. I didn’t read it that way. It was a direct question, perhaps just seeking more information to understand the system better. I do not normally comment on others comments, nor do I know Paige, but when I read what sounded like a reprimand, ouch. I am not posting this comment to start a word war. I may have misunderstood the intent behind your comment.

BTW: I am also thankful for a service like this, it is helpful.

• Treev says

Kae I have to say I agree with you too.
          I felt bad for Paige getting chewed out like that. Well now that is what I was feeling when I read that comment; if it was directed to me I wouldn’t like it and would feel bad. Thanks for posting that opinion; I agree!
          Look for the positive and most often it is there. Look for the negative and you will find something.

Paige – Thanks for the question. We are looking at ways to get the Target list published a little sooner, but I’m not promising we can do it. In direct response to the “why does it take so long” – I understand that from your vantage point it seems like it takes awhile. From my perspective, we used to publish Target on Mondays or Tuesdays so Sunday afternoon/evening is *much* sooner from my vantage point. Am I with you that having lists up sooner rather than later is better? Sure. I’d love quality lists up as early as possible. Absolutely.

One limitation, if you want to call it that, is that we maintain an internal/private database of all the coupons that come in our local, Minneapolis paper. We purpose to include those coupons, especially on our Target, Cub and Rainbow/Roundy’s lists. That function – updating our coupon list – can’t happen until Saturday sometime, which means we can’t create the three lists I just mentioned until *after* that is done. Each of the three lists I mentioned takes about 4 hours to put together. That gives you some insight into the logistics we are dealing with.

Behind the scenes around here, we’re reworking a number of list-related things (I’ll share more details about that in a few weeks) and this is one thing we’re thinking about.

• Amber says

Christina, looks like that was a typo – $0.20/wipe would be pretty expensive, right? :-) I updated the post with the right price per wipe.

1. sharon says

Buy 2 Clairol Nice’n Easy Color Blend Foam, Get Free $5 Target Gift Card (valid through 1/18 – may be regional)
    ***Deal idea***
    Buy 2 Nice’n Easy Color Blend Foam for $6.99 – $7.99
    Use two $3/1 Clairol Age Defy, Nice ‘n Easy Foam or Perfect 10 Hair Color Box (excludes trial/travel size) from 12/29 P&G insert (limit 4 like coupons per household per day) (exp 1/31)
    Spend $7.98, get $5 Target Gift Card
    Final price: $1.49 each after coupons and gift card

Regarding this deal, these were on clearance for $5.58 each and still generated the $5 gift card! Spent $11.16 for two, minus two $3/1 coupons=$5.16. Got a $5 gift card, so $.08 for each box! Thanks PYD team!

2. Sara says

At the North St. Paul Target, there is a sign that indicates there is a $5 Target card if you purchase 3 nutrition bars. This combined with the $1.00 Luna coupon from the Target website can make for some fairly inexpensive nutrition bars. BUT be aware that there was a glitch last week and they had to manually enter the gift card it didn’t ring up automatically.

3. Sandy says

Thank you Carrie and your team for providing this free service. I have saved a lot of money over the years by using PYD. I agree, family comes first.

4. Angie says

On the Sheba deal- There’s a buy 6 get 2 free coupon in the 1/5 rp? insert… so…

buy 10 (5.00)2 will be free (-1.00) (4.00) use the b6g2f (-1.00) (3.00) use the Target Q(-1.50) and its $1.50 for 10 cans! My kittys will be happy!!!

5. Jennifer says

First off. Thanks for all that you do.. We really appreciate it!
    I noticed there is a 1$ off target coupon for the Almay makeup remover now.
    Ibotta is offering 1$ for the 4 or 12pks of GoGo Squeeze applesauce
    I also saw on totally target the lil critters cummy that you could get the 70ct for 4.99 each totallying just 1.49 each after coupons you have listed above and 5$g/c

6. Jackie says

My Target had Classic Favorite Lean Cuisines on sale for $1.60 and they were still included in the buy 10 get a $5 gift card for an even better deal.

7. JoAnna says

For the buy 2 vitamins receive a $5 gift card–my Target included the lower count bottles. The Marvel/Disney bottles 60 count and the Critters gummies 70 ct. Each bottle was around $4.50–ends up being better the buy one get one (especially when you factor in the coupons).

8. ella says

At my Target the crock pot seasonings were next to the crockpots. Look all through the grocery section before I finally found them!

9. Dee says

Hormel Chili $1.59
    $1/2 Hormel Chili Products from January All You magazine (exp 1/27)
    $0.55/2 Hormel Chili Products printable
    $0.55/2 Hormel Chili Products printable
    Final price: As low as $1.09 each after coupon
    there is also a target coupon for -.55/2 this would make these
    .82 each after coupons

10. Angel says

Hi there, for the deals with the gift card–do you get it right way, or does it get mailed out? Could you for example get the Lean Cuisine’s in one transaction and use the gift card for rest of your stuff in a new transaction? Thanks

• Dee E says

Yes they give you the gift card right away. I have not tryed using it on the next transaction though. I usually save them for christmas.

11. Amy says

Question about coupons at Target…..

I’m looking at some of your “Deals” listed and you state for some items “limit 4 identical coupons per household per day”. Are you using these same 4 coupons on one transaction for said item??? I’m confuse b/c Target’s coupon policy is “one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon per item”.

Please clarify for me. I’d like to get the most savings, but not sure I know all the tricks!

12. DawnB says

With the Nicoderm CQ that is listed for $27.99. You posted the Target mobile coupon for $10 off, cartwheel 10% off with cartwheel and the $15 off printable.. Can you use the $10 off target web coupon with those too making them free?

• Amber says

DawnB, nope, Target mobile coupons and Target web coupons cannot be used in conjunction with each other on one item, since they are both store coupons. You can use one store coupon, Cartwheel and 1 manufacturer’s coupon on the same item though.

And most of the time, you cannot get overage at Target as it is their policy to adjust a coupon down if it exceeds an item’s value. That said, sometimes the computer doesn’t catch an overage or the cashier may push a coupon through without noticing on occasion.

Hope this helps!