Menards Shopping List 1/5 – 1/11/14 (11% Off Everything Including Gift Cards with Mail-in Rebate)

Menards has extended their 11% rebate for one more week.  Instead of their usual item-specific Menards rebate deals, they are offering 11% back on everything in their store via mail-in rebate this week. This is the perfect chance to get those bigger-ticket items for your home that don’t normally go on sale or have rebate offers.  This offer now includes gift cards.  You may not use merchandise credit checks and gift cards to purchase gift cards.

Note that your rebate comes in the form of store credit for Menards. All Menards rebate deals are limited to stock on hand; no rain checks. I explain all the ins and outs of Menards’ rebate program here so you can easily get started. Find a Menards near you.

Your turn: What deals did you get at Menards this week with this rebate offer? Please share your ideas in the comments so other readers can get some tips on what to shop for.

Comments

1. Treev says

I just looked at the ad and it clearly states “even gift cards”. I wonder if they are saying in the stores you can’t buy them with Rebate cards? I haven’t gotten a chance to try but I am still going to see if I can buy them with my rebate money.

• Molly says

Last month I purchased a gift card using a rebate check to pay and there was no issue. I went in yesterday to purchase another gift card and they said they no longer accept rebate checks as a payment option for purchasing gift cards. This policy must have changed the first of the year. (Blaine Menards)

• Treev says

Yeah that doesn’t surprise me. And I get where they are coming from. But am still going to try in my Menards and see what happens. I will post either way how it turns out.
        Thanks for the heads up.

• Jill says

It changed before the first of the year. We use to take our rebates and have them put on a gift card so it was easier to track one gift card than a bunch or rebate checks. Menards had to quit doing this because the IRS is scrutinizing the heck out of Menards. If their policy is to not issue a gift card for rebate checks then we shouldn’t be trying to do it.

• Treev says

Just wanted to report back that my Menards in Marshall MN let us buy $400 in a gift card using only our rebate checks! :) So apparently this policy is determined from store to store. I wouldn’t assume anything here.
          We just made $44 dollars last night and it took about 5 minutes in the store! Thanks PYD for the tip on this deal! I would have never thought doing this! Sweet deal!

• Mary says

I think it’s just a matter of the employee not understanding the policy. If you look at your rebate checks, it does say “Not redeemable for cash or gift cards” on it. Glad you were able to take advantage of the 11% off on your gift card!

2. Deb says

Some of the Menards have Pouches of Hickory Smoked Tuna Creations for .50 ea. I used a coupon for 1.00/2 to get them free. They have also reduced the price of the Lloyds BBQ tubs to 1.99. I had 1.00 coupons for these. Some of the tubs had .50 peelie coupons.

3. Jan Earhart says

I purchased a drier and upright freezer in January, sent in the form for a11% rebate along with the cash registrar receipt and I have heard nothing.

4. Jan says

I bought the drier, upright freezer and garage door open on line. This one time I did not take photo copies of the receipt I used our Big card to pay for this. I got 2 rebates one for $4.95 and $7.08. The appliances and garage door opener totaled $1,552.78.
    The $4.95 rebate was from #6404 and the $7.95 was 6303. Wasn’t the 6303 the 11% rebate? I sent all the receipts to gather in one envelope.

5. brad says

I need acopy of a #6404 rebate form, I know it is late but I have sent some late before and have gotten paid.

6. Tim says

Doesn’t it bother anyone that Menards raises their prices 11% then has a sale where you have to send in rebates? The next day after sale you will see same products 11% cheaper. I work construction and need products from time to time during these sales. I often forget to send the rebates when I’m extremely busy. It just seems wrong and a big hassle.