It is extremely similar to Ibotta, except for one thing – and this is where many of you will be excited and possibly even jump up and down – you do not need to have a smartphone to get in on the savings.
Everyone Can Use It
This app does of course work for both Android and Apple devices, but if you don’t own one of those devices, you can simply upload your receipts through the Checkout51 website. Yes, that means you can use your computer (do I hear a round of applause?).
I know many readers have said they feel left out on saving opportunities that require a smartphone, or at least the ability to connect to the internet with a cell phone, so I wanted to highlight this feature in particular.
In addition to the versatility of the app, there are a few other key features that make this app easy to use:
- Products can be purchased at any store. Just know the receipt must be in English.
- Offers go live on Thursdays at 12am in each time zone and expire exactly a week later at 11:59pm that following Wednesday.
- Items can be purchased from online retailers; therefore, packing slips can be proof of purchase. The only thing to be careful of with this is you would need to receive the items, along with the packing slip, to claim the offer before it expires.
Here’s how to get started:
- Sign up for a free account. You can either do so on your computer or download the app on your Android or Apple device.
- Browse through the available offers and take note of which ones you are interested in. Be sure check brand, size, and flavor/variety (if applicable) as you will only get cash back for the exact same item listed. Also know offers are available in limited quantities.
- Upload your receipt using the free app or your computer. You will get a confirmation of your submission via email.
- Your submission will be processed within about 48 hours.
Once your Checkout51 account balance reaches $20 or more, you can request cash back which will be given in the form of a check.
Inactive Account Management Charge
If at any time your account becomes inactive, we may apply an inactive account management charge of $2 per month, up to a maximum of the total amount in your account from time to time during that period in which your account is inactive. (Your account is considered “inactive” if you do not claim an Offer (whether we verify that claim as being valid or not) during any twenty-four (24) month period.) We may apply that charge on the first day of the month next following the date your account becomes inactive. (For example, if your account becomes inactive on April 15th, we may apply the charge on the following May 1st.) If you claim an Offer after we start applying the account management fee, we will stop applying that charge until any later time when your account becomes inactive.
Checkout51 will give you at least 3 months notice of the potential application charge via the email address on your account.
Checkout51 and Ibotta
I’m not sure how often both apps will offer cash back for the same item, but for instance last week, Checkout51 and Ibotta were both offering $1 cash back on a Clean & Clear product. You would’ve been able to submit your receipt for the same product to each company, earning you a total of $2.
Your turn: What feature of Checkout51 are you most excited about? What offers are you hoping to see in the future?