Rainbow Foods Shopping List 12/29/13 – 1/4/14

This week’s ad includes a 4-Day Sale that runs Sunday through Wednesday as well as the regular week-long deals.  Use our Rainbow Foods coupon matchups to get great deals this week when you shop regular Double Daze on Wednesday and Saturday.

If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read the Rainbow Foods coupon policy before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

Two things to remember about these Rainbow Foods coupon matchups. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, it is a starting list: as we learn of more deals whose final price is low enough, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

Comments

1. carol says

Any price-lock deal with a q and any deal with a q which expires 12/31/13 will not be eligible for doubling by the next double q day, since it falls on New Year’s day.

2. carol says

Also, just received the following catalina note from a RB register on Saturday:
    Buy 3 or more General Mills Big G Cereals 8 oz or larger between 12/30/13 & 1/26/14 & earn bonus box tops on a future order:
    *Buy 3, earn 15;
    *Buy 4-5, earn 25;
    *Buy 6 or more, earn 40

3. Mona says

Anyone able to find the Roundy’s Loadable coupon for Tide or Charming Bath Tissue? Can’t seem to find it in the coupon section on the Rainbow site.

4. T says

the link to $1/1 pillsbury crescent rolsl is one time link. It told me I already printed it. I then googled for another link and was able to print.

5. Kristen says

The boom at Rainbow has obviously busted. Where are people that used to do multiple transactions at RB now shopping? My overstock is running low so any insight is appreciated. I don’t have time to be running to Aldi for veggies, Kwik trip for bananas, etc. Just one overall place.

• BK says

If you want to shop at just one store each week, here’s what I recommend: Go to Target, (as much as is feasibly possible) buy what’s on sale, pay close attention and match items you’re purchasing with manufacturer and/or target.com coupons and Cartwheel discounts, and use a red card. If you shop this way, Target’s prices will be tough to beat anywhere.

• Drew says

I usually peruse the Target list here on PYD, but I rarely find anything worth the trip.
        Since Target only has a few food items in the weekly ads, how do you know what is on sale ahead of time to match up?
        Do you bring a whole binder of Qs with you?

• BK says

P.S. Also check for Target mobile coupons. This fall/winter there have been good ones for fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, fresh meat, cheese, etc. as well as lots of Up and Up items (dishwasher detergent, cleaners, facial tissues, etc.)

• steve says

The boom at Rainbow busted because people like me figured that just doubling 5 coupons is no big deal when you pay 40% more for the product at Raimbow then Aldi.

• joy says

If you do transactions of $25 you can double 5! So, I do 10 transactions of $25 so I can double 50 coupons!:) It takes time but worth the savings! Only buy on sale with coupons! I average $5-$8 per $25 transaction! You are right that Aldis is cheaper if you don’t shop the above way!:) Hope this helps! Pick and Save allows me to do multiple transactions! Not sure about Rainbow?

• Amanda says

I second Joy. I shop only sale at Rainbow, multiple transactions and almost always beat Aldi’s prices. I save a TON at Rainbow. I also go to target but again only for sale, coupons and cartwheel. Occ. I stop at Cub. I do go to Aldi if there is some produce that I need. I spend about 4 hours a week clipping coupons organizing and planning shopping, and actually shopping but spend $300-$350 for well over $1000 worth of food, household products, and personal items (we are family of 6). The time is so worth it.

• Mary says

Roundy’s fiscal year just ended. I had hoped they would add some double double days at the end of their fiscal year to move extra product. But the expense of the double double days must have won the battle this time between growing the total sales and keeping expense low.

I still shop at Rainbow every week for multiple transactions because I can hit the $25 threshold buying meat for my family. I do shop at Aldi quite a bit too, its hard to beat Aldi’s veggie and fruit prices. I almost never shop at Target anymore, I can only manage coupons for one store, and I save more at rainbow than Target.

6. E says

I am probably just not seeing it, but is there a list for Rainbow’s new coupon booklet (good from Dec 29-Jan 15) that came in Sunday’s paper?

7. EC says

Any insight on the coupons that you can load directly onto your Roundy’s card (http://www.rainbowfoods.com/Shop/Coupons.aspx) I read through the coupon policy on the website, and all I can figure out is that they are manufacturer’s coupons. Does anyone know if these double? They appear to be from multiple sources as well, but heavily P&G. Thanks!