Through 12/2, Capital One 360 (formerly ING Direct) is offering an awesome Black Friday deal that can put an easy, free $75 and/or $125 (!) into your pocket.
How to Get a Free $75 – Savings Account Bonus
Marco and I keep our emergency fund in a Capital One 360 Savings Account. We have a second Capital One 360 account that we first used to save toward a new-to-us minivan, but now we use it as a pseudo-health savings account toward our health insurance deductible. Our kids each have a kid’s saving account too. Can you tell that I’m a believer in these accounts?
- Open a new Capital One 360 Savings Account through 12/2 (kids savings account do not qualify for this bonus, although they are good to have)
- This has to be your first Capital One 360 or ING Direct savings account.
- Deposit a minimum of $500; no minimum balance is required after the initial deposit. (deposit is electronically transferred)
- You can withdraw your $75 bonus after 30 days.
How to Get a Free $125 – Checking Account Bonus
I desperately wish they offered a business checking product. I’d do it in a heartbeat. I’m tempted to switch my personal checking accounts (yes, we have two of those too) to Capital One 360 since they offer much better mobile options than my credit union.
- Open a new Capital One 360 Checking Account through 12/2
- This has to be your first Capital One 360 checking account. You must link your account to a personal checking account elsewhere.
- Make a combined total of 5 debit card purchases or deposits (5 total transactions) within 45 days
- You’ll get $125 deposited into your account on Day 50
FAQ About Capital One 360 Accounts
Do I have to have a minimum balance?
No. You earn interest on every penny in the bank too, no minimum for that either. (Although it’s always wise to have something in the bank, but that’s a topic for another day) :)
Where do I bank if I open these accounts?
These Capital One 360 accounts are not serviced via a bank branch. You can access and service your accounts via the Capital One 360 website, their mobile app or you can call them.
Do they have free ATMs?
How do I make deposits?
You can set up direct deposit, use the mobile app to take a picture of the check or mail in a check to their St. Cloud, MN office.
Will they check my credit when I apply for an account?
Yes, as is typical when you open any bank account, Capital One 360 will run a quick credit check. It is a hard pull on your credit because you have applied for a financial product (any time you can be turned down for something because of your credit history, it is a hard pull). Soft pulls are only done when your credit is being monitored for marketing purposes. Read “What is a Hard Inquiry?” at Credit.com if you want to understand this in more detail.
Let us help you make the most of this busy shopping season. Browse all the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.
Your turn: What questions can I answer for you about Capital One 360?