School Supply Deals 8/4 – 8/10/13 (Includes Price Comparison Chart)

Each week through Labor Day we’ll help you find the best school supply deals. In partnership with more than a dozen other bloggers we’ve created a price comparison chart for 50+ items at 10 national stores. Highlights of this chart include:

• For reference we’ve listed the lowest price we’ve seen so far this year for each item
  • We’ve also listed the lowest price we saw last year for each item
  • The lowest price for each item this week is highlighted in green

You can view the scrollable school supply price comparison chart below. For a full screen view, click on the button in the upper right-hand corner of the document viewer (it looks like a dark square inside another square).

school supply deals

School Supply Deals

Download (PDF, 340KB)

For more detailed information on the coupons or deals mentioned, visit the store’s shopping list. Some of these shopping lists are provided by bloggers I’ve partnered with to create the comparison chart.

Your turn: What else could we do to make your back-to-school shopping easier?

Comments

1. Erica says

I have a son starting 3 K (glorified preschool really) and I need to get 2 four packs of play dough. Any good ideas where I can get the best price? Thanks!

Hmmm…I haven’t gotten a $10 off $10 purchase coupon from Kohl’s yet this season, but in years past I’d use those to buy Playdoh for my girls. I’d set it aside for Christmas. That doesn’t help you now, but I’ll keep an eye out for any sales. Maybe Toys R Us or Target will run a B1G1 on Playdoh so you can get both for the price of one.

• Rachel says

Could you make some? The homemade playdoh works better and doesn’t dry out as fast as the store bought playdoh.

2. Layla says

When it says after coupon, is that an ad coupon or a store-specific coupon that we can get in store? I’m looking specifically at some items from the Target stores this week. Thanks!

3. Amber says

Hello,
    I’m wondering which store in general is the cheapest. For instance, if I wanted to just shop 1 store, which one will be the cheapest?

• Shela says

Amber what I plan on doing is price matching my stuff at walmart so I don’t have to run to several stores. Just a thought!