Walgreens Shopping List 7/28 – 8/3/13

If you’re new to Walgreens shopping, then learn how the Balance Rewards Program works. Plus, learn how the Register Rewards program works and learn how to read this shopping list. Don’t forget that some other stores will accept Register Rewards like a manufacturer’s coupon. Also, it’s a good idea to print out Walgreens’ official coupon policy and keep it with you in case an issue comes up at checkout.

This is a starting list of deals for the week and is not a comprehensive list of every sale item and its coupons, but just the best deals (things at prices I’d actually pay). We will update this list as readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store, we get emails with deal ideas or we read about other deals across the blogosphere. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week, we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Walgreens is the one store where an advertised sale like “2/$4” usually requires you to buy two products. The first one rings at full price and the second product will ring at a lesser price to bring the total to $4, using our example. If you ever question whether you need to buy two to receive a sale price, ask the cashier to scan one item for you. If it rings at full price, then you know you need to buy two products. If it rings at the sale price, then you don’t.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week at Walgreens?

About Carrie Rocha

I am passionate about helping people live within their means so they can get out and stay out of debt. I live in Minneapolis, MN with my husband and two little girls.

Comments

1. Stefania says:

Did everyone get the Wet’n’Wild coupons? I did not have them in my Star Tribune paper today :( and I got a LOT of booklets this week (4 or 5?)

2. Carol M says:

On the Dawn deal, the Hand Renewal is $.99-$.50(coupon)= .$49.

3. Carol M says:

The Windex deal, the August Walgreens coupon is $1/2 not $1/1.

4. Hello all! I have a question about the $5 register rewards back when you spend $20 in participating products…. Does the $20 total have to be before or after your coupons?

Thanks!!

5. Carol M says:

Will this transaction work:

Buy 12 boxes of cereal at $1.67 = $20.04

Today I got a $5 Balance Reward Members Catalina when you spend $20.

S0….$20.04 – $5.00 = $15.04

Then……Use 12 of the $.70 off coupons, which equal $8.40.

So…..$6.64 for 12 boxes of cereal

Or, does the $2o have to be after the other coupons???

• Betsy Rockwell says:

The “Save $5 on your purchase of $20 or more” is a “Store coupon”. The fine print says the $20 is calculated before taxes and all Walgreens coupons and discounts are applied. I would assume that using manufacturers coupons are ok.

6. I dont think you can use 12 of the same coupons in one transaction. Read the coupon policy, but I believe its 4 like coupons in one reaction.

7. For the Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, 1 pint — Buy 1, Get 1 Free (2/$4.99)

How would you get the 1.87 price when using a 2.50/3 coupon & have to buy 4? Confused on which coupons would equal what quantities.

• Emma – Buy 4 Ben & Jerry’s pints for 2/$4.99 so it’d be $9.98 for four. Use the $2.50/3 printable coupon. Then your total would be $7.48. If you divide that by four, you come up with $1.87 each. Hope that helps.

8. Jeffery T says:

If I buy 2 of the Reach toothbrushes, will I get two Register Rewards? Is there a limit of one?

• Jeffery,
      You will need to do them in separate transactions to receive 2 Register Rewards. No, you can get more than one.

9. What Kelloggs cereal are people finding for $1.67? My local Walgreens only had Corn Pops and Fruit Loops.