The latest Twin Cities deals includes a discount on select St. Croix River dinner cruises, a wide variety of events at the Minneapolis Aquatennial starting this weekend, and more.
Your turn: Which Aquatennial events are your favorites?
Once Upon a Child Clearance
This weekend (7/13-7/14), select Once Upon a Child stores are having a 75% off clearance sale on hundreds of specially-marked clearance items. This is a great opportunity to buy ahead for next year and save a lot of money. I know I’ll be heading there this weekend! Participating stores: Anoka, Eden Prairie, Maple Grove, Minnetonka, Shakopee, Spring Lake Park and St. Louis Park.
St. Croix River Dinner Cruises Discount
Use the coupon code 15boat to get a 15% discount on select dinner cruises on the St. Croix River from Taylors Falls Scenic Boat Tours. The coupon code is good through 7/15 and is valid on the Dinner Cruise, Picnic Cruise, Specialty Cruise or Mexican Fiesta. With the coupon code, prices will start at $19.95 per person (not including service charges).
Twin Cities-Area Splash Pads
Need a place to cool off this summer? Try checking out a splash pad in your area. Anne at Family Fun Twin Cities has put together a great round-up of Twin Cities splash pads, including addresses, admission fees (if any), and other features.
This Friday (7/12) starts the nine-day Minneapolis Aquatennial celebration. There are so many events going on that I won’t list them all here, but here are a few highlights:
- Midtown Global Music Festival: Saturday (7/13) from 2-8pm (Midtown Global Market)
- Twin Cities River Rats Water Ski Show: Saturday (7/13) at 3pm and 7pm (Mississippi River, West Bank)
- Star Tribune Beach Bash: Sunday (7/14) from 10am-4pm (Thomas Beach, Lake Calhoun)
- Sister Cities Day & Ice Cream Social: Sunday (7/14) from 1-5pm (Nicollet Island Pavilion)
- CenterPoint Energy Torchlight Parade: Thursday (7/17) from 8:30-10:30pm (Hennepin Avenue)
- Target Fireworks: Saturday (7/20) from 6-10:30pm (West River Parkway)