Target Shopping List 7/28 – 8/3/13

There is a high-value $10/$40+ Purchase of Select Grocery Products Target coupon in this week’s Target ad, which should make for some awesome deals on groceries this week. You can also text GROCERY to 827438 to get a mobile version. We’ve outlined a couple of deal scenarios using the coupon below, but if you come up with an even better idea, please leave a comment below.

As you get started shopping at Target we’d recommend getting familiar with Target’s price matching policy and Target’s coupon policy. You may want to bring printouts of these with you to the store so that you have them in case you run into issues. If you are new to Pocket Your Dollars, learn how to read this shopping list or troubleshoot problems when printing coupons.

Remember that this is a starting list of deals for the week. As readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store or we get emails with deal ideas, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Target fanatics should check out the ever-changing supply of Target online coupons, be sure to sign up for Target’s text-messaged coupons, enroll in Target’s Cartwheel savings program, and browse Target’s weekly ad online. Plus, if you have a Target card, you can get 5% off your total bill when you use the card to pay.

Your turn: What other great deals did you spot?

Comments

1. Mary says

The Hellmanns mayo actually has a posted price of $3.49 instead of $3.50. (At the St. Cloud West store) Which means that your total will come to $39.99 or in my case, $39.98. Fortunately I noticed this and made sure I went $40 so I wouldn’t get stopped at checkout.
    Unfortunately the register wouldn’t accept my coupon anyway, even though I was obsessive about getting the right items. The coupon is too large for the cashier to override and a manager had to come over and she did let it go through.

I’m not sure if it was my purchases or if the system was programmed that way. Both the cashier and manager thanked me for being careful about my purchases. They said most people will either try to buy $40 of any groceries or they won’t get get the right varieties or sizes of the required items.

2. Jodi says

Market Pantry Ice Cream (48 oz.) $2.79
    $1/1 Frozen Food Item of $1+ (Target Mobile) when you text FRESH to 827438
    Plus, use:
    5% off Market Pantry Ice Cream 48-144 oz. (Target Cartwheel)
    Final price: $1.71 after coupon and Cartwheel savings

There is also a Target printable for $1/1 Market Pantry ice cream, expires 8/17/13.

3. Rachel says

Still new to this and want to make sure I have this correct:
    $1/1 Frozen Food Item of $1+ (Target Mobile) when you text FRESH to 827438

If i buy the Market Pantry Frozen Vegetables AND the Banquest Frozen Meal.
    Will the Target Mobile Ap give me the coupon to use twice? Or am I only allowed to use the $1 Frozen Food Item once?

Thanks

4. Nicole says

Driscoll’s Strawberries (1 lb.) $2.00
    $1/1 Fresh Fruit Purchase of $1+ (Target Mobile) when you text FRESH to 827438
    $1/1 Fresh Fruit Purchase of $1+ (Target Mobile) when you text JULY4 to 827438
    $1/1 Fresh Fruit Purchase of $1+ (Target Mobile) when you text SAVVY to 827438 (exp 7/31)
    Plus, use:
    5% off Fresh Berries (Target Cartwheel)
    Final price: $0.95 after coupon and Cartwheel savings

Otsego Target has had 1 lb. pkgs. of strawberries for $1.99 most of this summer. When I went in there the sale sign reflected that and showed 2/$3.98. They even had 2 lb. pkgs. sitting right next to them on sale for $3.89, and they looked much better. So I picked up 2 of those and used the 5% cartwheel and got them for $3.69/pkg. I’m making strawberry/rhubarb jam tomorrow and was excited for a good sale.

5. Renee says

Went to buy my regular Hebrew National hot dogs today and noticed they were 2 for $6. Great! Then I saw on the same sign it said, buy 2, get a free 12 oz Gulden’s mustard. Okay, I’m not turning down free mustard. Then on a bunch of items, including the Hebrew National franks and the mustard and some of the ketchup near the mustard was a peelie with several coupons, one of which was $1.50 off two Hebrew National franks.

The peelies had something about a limit of 4 (I think) like coupons in a day, so I did 2 deals. Two packs of Hebrew National franks and a free mustard for $4.50. Considering I recently spent $4.99 on a single pack of those franks in a pinch at Rainbow, that’s a good deal!

(Sorry if this deal is somewhere else, but I did a quick search and couldn’t find it.

6. Blair says

Anyone know if Target is one of the places accepting of the P & G offer for the leapfrog toy and book? The rebate is listed on one of my grocery ads this week and just wondering if that is the only store. I have the rebate form but It does not say what stores. Only that if it is not of a participating location they will not honor it. Would be nice with some of the deals here this week. Thank you!

7. Bobbi says

I think the Playtex deal may be incorrect. The ad features Kotex brand, and that held true in the Target store I visited as well.

• Mary says

There are gift card offers for both brands. The Playtex deal is an unadvertised deal (maybe regional?) but the Kotex deal is featured in the ad this week.

8. Arin says

Hi! First time asking a question . . . I have read the Target coupon policy, but am still a little confused.

I cannot use a paper Target coupon and a mobile Target coupon on the same item, correct?

But, I should be able to use a Cartwheel discount with a mobile Target coupon, right? I tried to buy the Up & Up Watercolor Paints on this list. I bought 4, and it let me use the Cartwheel 10% off, but the mobile Target Coupon for $1/4 did not work.

Finally, I have a paper Target coupon (a catalina) for 30% off Fieldcrest sheets, which are on sale this week. I also have a Cartwheel discount for 20% off Fieldcrest sheets. I should be able to use both, correct?

Thanks for helping out a newbie!! :)

9. Sue says

The Mead coupon is no longer available
    $1.00 off
    Five Star® Products
    when you buy any TWO (2) Five Star® products
    This coupon is no longer available.

10. Tameka Miller says

ADDITIONAL SAVINGS I FOUND:

CARTWHEEL
    There is a 5% off in Cartwheel for the ground beef that’s listed.

MOBILE (TEXT JULY4 COUPONS EXPIRE 8/7/13)
    $1.00 off two Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh lunchmeats