Office Depot Rewards: Earn 1,000 Points, Get Free $10 Rewards Certificate

Office Depot is offering a new Office Depot Rewards program for customers that began July 1, 2013. The program is free to join and helps you earn points which can be redeemed for Office Depot Rewards Certificates.

How to Earn Points

Here are some different ways you can earn Office Depot Rewards points. There is no limit to the number of points you can earn.

• Buy Ink, Toner, Paper & Copy/Print/Ship Services: For every $1 you spend on these products, you will earn 10 Rewards points.
  • Recycle Ink & Toner Cartridges: Bring in your used ink or toner cartridges to an Office Depot store to earn 200 Rewards points per recycled cartridge when you make a $10 qualifying purchase during the same month.
  • Complete Your Member Profile: Earn points when you completely fill out your Office Depot Rewards member profile.

Also, some of you who are existing Office Depot rewards members should check your email to see if you received an email titled “Introducing Office Depot Rewards.” If you received this email, it includes an opportunity for you to fill out your member profile to earn 200 points.

Choice Member Status

Some of you may shop Office Depot regularly – if that’s the case, you can upgrade to Choice Member status when you spend $200 or more on almost anything within a quarter. Once you achieve this status, you will earn 5 points for every $1 you spend on the 5 product categories you choose the following quarter.

To maintain this status, you will have to spend $200 or more on qualifying purchases each quarter.

About Point Balances

If your Office Depot Rewards account has a balance of less than 1,000 points, the points will expire at the end of the calendar quarter. For example, if you have 1,900 points in your account at the end of the quarter, you will receive a $10 Rewards certificate for 1,000 points, but the remaining 900 points will be forfeited.

About Office Depot Rewards Certificates

• Rewards Certificates will be issued online within 30 days after the end of the month for members who have earned at least 1,000 points.
  • Rewards Certificates expire 60 days from the date of issuance.
  • Rewards Certificates cannot be used on purchases of gift cards or prepaid cards.

Your turn: What are your thoughts on the new Office Depot Rewards program? Do you have a favorite store rewards program?

Comments

1. Marilyn Repshire says

This program is too complicated for us..we live out of town…we don’t frequent your store every quarter and consequently, the clerk told us we lost points because we didn’t follow the guidelines. I liked the old, old program..turn in ink cartridges and get a ream of paper on the spot, or some such trade!!

We will take our cartridges elsewhere next time we get ten..

2. joyce gilkerson says

when ever i go into office depot, i always get what i am looking for and there is always an employee to help

3. Regina Stewart says

I think it is such a waste of time. I recycle and have never received anything except $10 off $50 but NOT HP INK!! Which is what I use! Nobody can give me any info. The site is down. The manager’s know nothing and now I am on hold for another dept.

• QWilson Appraisal says

I buy all my office supplies from Office Depot. How ever, it is very obvious that Office Depot intentionally makes redeeming coupons difficult. Every time I try to redeem one of their coupons there is some reason it can’t be honored at that time. I’m looking for more customer friendly places to shop for office supplies and will do my office supply purchases with them. Bye Bye Office Depot.

I HAVE PURCHASED HP 94 – Black-&- 95 Tri-color. On each occasion I surrendered 20 HP Ink Cartridges on two occasions. This equaled a submission of 40 HP Ink Cartridges. I was informed by the Office Depot Supervisor on each occasion that I should receive credit devices; to support my future HP Ink Cartridges purchase. I have provided my e-mail address to Office Depot.

5. Edward Meyer says

Your tech people don,t know peanut butter from Dog—-! All I get is a run around . I made the mistake of buying two computers and a printer But NO MORE!! Who can figure out the reward system for recycling printer cartridges?

Hi Edward. I just want to make sure that you know that we at PYD have nothing to do with Office Depot. I am sorry to hear you’re frustrated, but we unfortunately can’t do anything to remedy this unfortunate situation. I’d recommend contacting them directly.

You sent me an e-mail yesterday to log in to get my rewards certificate from Office Depot. Not only did this not work yesterday or today ( 12-12-2014 ), but I went to several office Depot websites and it always said ” cannot display webpage ”

please assist, thanks in advane

• Lilly says

Hello. I’m having an issue of employees including store managers misleading the customers. In September I purchased a back pack for my son and I was offered insurance that covers “everything including normal wear and tear”. I couldn’t believe what I heard and asked to confirm. Store Mgr confirmed it for me. So when the backpack started getting a whole I called insurance and was told that insurances never cover norman wear and tear. I guess your corporation is misleading customers to make an extra buck by getting them buy insurance …
        this is not the way to do the business. And btw 3 stores told me the same tHing. So I guess it’s going on across entire corporation

7. Gary Vicsik says

I am new to the rewards program and have turned in 20 ink cartridges . I also have 460 points that I now learn will expire. Can someone explain why points are only ” saved ” in even thousand amounts ? If a customer earns those points, why do they expire after 60 days ? At this point, It appears that I have wasted my time joining this program !

8. Coldcuts says

This so-called Rewards program is nothing but smoke & mirrors. This is the most complicated system I have come across. You constantly have to jump through hoops just to get back at least ten bucks. [Edited by moderator]

Hi Coldcuts. I’m sorry you are upset with Office Depot, but we aren’t actually affiliated with them at all. I recommend you contact them directly with your concerns.

9. D. Adams says

This rewards program is not worth the hassle. I received an email today that I have $10 rewards certificate. I have tried several times to log in and redeem it. But
    no luck. This rewards system needs to be scatched.

I bought a all in one desk pc in the Office Max store in Norman. And they said I would get rewards for buying it. I can’t seem to find out how to view the rewards.

11. Jimmy Epinette says

I am getting thoroughly disgusted with your rewards system.I return cartridges and each time I expect some rewards and have not been able to pullup my rewards.I am 8O yrs. old and when I failed to type in my correct password my account was disabled.I checked that I had forgotten My password but never received an answer.