Office Depot is offering a new Office Depot Rewards program for customers that began July 1, 2013. The program is free to join and helps you earn points which can be redeemed for Office Depot Rewards Certificates.
How to Earn Points
Here are some different ways you can earn Office Depot Rewards points. There is no limit to the number of points you can earn.
- Buy Ink, Toner, Paper & Copy/Print/Ship Services: For every $1 you spend on these products, you will earn 10 Rewards points.
- Recycle Ink & Toner Cartridges: Bring in your used ink or toner cartridges to an Office Depot store to earn 200 Rewards points per recycled cartridge when you make a $10 qualifying purchase during the same month.
- Complete Your Member Profile: Earn points when you completely fill out your Office Depot Rewards member profile.
Also, some of you who are existing Office Depot rewards members should check your email to see if you received an email titled “Introducing Office Depot Rewards.” If you received this email, it includes an opportunity for you to fill out your member profile to earn 200 points.
Choice Member Status
Some of you may shop Office Depot regularly – if that’s the case, you can upgrade to Choice Member status when you spend $200 or more on almost anything within a quarter. Once you achieve this status, you will earn 5 points for every $1 you spend on the 5 product categories you choose the following quarter.
To maintain this status, you will have to spend $200 or more on qualifying purchases each quarter.
About Point Balances
If your Office Depot Rewards account has a balance of less than 1,000 points, the points will expire at the end of the calendar quarter. For example, if you have 1,900 points in your account at the end of the quarter, you will receive a $10 Rewards certificate for 1,000 points, but the remaining 900 points will be forfeited.
About Office Depot Rewards Certificates
- Rewards Certificates will be issued online within 30 days after the end of the month for members who have earned at least 1,000 points.
- Rewards Certificates expire 60 days from the date of issuance.
- Rewards Certificates cannot be used on purchases of gift cards or prepaid cards.
Your turn: What are your thoughts on the new Office Depot Rewards program? Do you have a favorite store rewards program?