This deal has expired and may no longer be valid.
We’ve rounded up the latest free weekend events, activities and crafts going on at various locations in the Twin Cities, Minnesota area and also nationwide this weekend (7/12-7/14). Please leave a comment if you know of any others and we’ll add them to this list.
Your turn: What other free weekend events and activities do you know of?
Barnes & Noble
Check your local Barnes & Noble for events. Most stores have story times once or twice per week.
Cabela’s offers various samples and demonstrations each weekend. Events vary by location, so check for details at your local store.
Here’s what going on 7/13 at the Rogers, MN locatios:
- Try Our Wings Grilled: Saturday from 1-3pm
- Knife Sharpening Systems: Saturday at 1pm
- Recording Made Easy Featuring Pro Tools is the topic for this Saturday’s workshop
Home Depot offers free workshops for adults to help you improve your DIY skills. Check the Home Depot website for details and to register online.
- Install Tile: Saturday from 10:30-11:30am
- Laminate Flooring: Sunday from 1-2:30pm
- Make-A-Bug Wooden Spoon this Saturday
Twice per month Lowe’s offers kids an opportunity to build their own project. The project is offered Saturdays at 10am. Be sure to sign up in advance online.
- Toy Story Pizza Planet Truck: Saturday at 10am or Sunday at 2pm
Pottery Barn Kids
Be part of Pottery Barn Kids Summer Reading Challenge, which goes through August 26. Throughout the summer, kids are encouraged to read books from their recommended list of titles. When kids are finished reading all the books from the list, they will receive a prize. Families are also invited to be a part of their weekly story time. Find a Pottery Barn Kids location near you.
Target sponsors free and reduced-priced admission opportunities at museums and cultural events nationwide. Select your city to find participating venues and their next scheduled discount day. In the Twin Cities area:
- The Walker Art Center is free every Thursday night as a part of Target Free Thursday Nights
- The Minneapolis Institute of Arts is free every second Sunday as a part of Target Family Day
Williams-Sonoma stores offer various special events and cooking classes, some of which are free to attend.
- This weekend’s class is From Garden to Cupboard: Canning Tomatoes on Sunday. Times for this one-hour class vary by location and reservations are recommended. Contact your local Williams-Sonoma for more information.
Twin Cities Events
We’ve partnered with Family Fun Twin Cities to offer a free family fun calendar for the Twin Cities area. In addition to these, be sure to check the MELSA calendar for free events at your local library.
Free Twin Cities Events (For Families & Kids)
Other Local Areas
If you know of a website or blog that highlights free events for a particular area in Minnesota or Wisconsin, please leave a comment or email me at laura @ pocketyourdollars.com (remove spaces) so we can highlight it here: