Walgreens Shopping List 6/16 – 6/22/13

If you’re new to Walgreens shopping, then learn how the Balance Rewards Program works. Plus, learn how the Register Rewards program works and learn how to read this shopping list. Don’t forget that some other stores will accept Register Rewards like a manufacturer’s coupon. Also, it’s a good idea to print out Walgreens’ official coupon policy and keep it with you in case an issue comes up at checkout.

This is a starting list of deals for the week and is not a comprehensive list of every sale item and its coupons, but just the best deals (things at prices I’d actually pay). We will update this list as readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store, we get emails with deal ideas or we read about other deals across the blogosphere. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week, we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Walgreens is the one store where an advertised sale like “2/$4” usually requires you to buy two products. The first one rings at full price and the second product will ring at a lesser price to bring the total to $4, using our example. If you ever question whether you need to buy two to receive a sale price, ask the cashier to scan one item for you. If it rings at full price, then you know you need to buy two products. If it rings at the sale price, then you don’t.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week at Walgreens?

About Carrie Rocha

I am passionate about helping people live within their means so they can get out and stay out of debt. I live in Minneapolis, MN with my husband and two little girls.

Comments

1. I have three Purex coupons. Can I use all three on that deal, since two of the items are already going to be free?

• Carol M says:

Brenda, you should be able to use them all as long as it doesn’t go below the cost of the items.

Buy One, Get One Free Coupons
      When items are featured in a Buy One, Get One Free promotion, up to two coupons can be used against the items being purchased, as long as the net price does not go below zero for the items being purchased.
      Sales tax must be paid for any Buy One, Get One Free coupon offers, if required by applicable state laws.

2. Carol M says:

The Dial bodywash is also BOGO this week. So, if you bought 6 and used the 2 coupons wouldn’t you pay $5.79/6 =$96 each?

• Carol M says:

Yep, it worked. Bought 12 and only paid for 2. Mine were priced at $5.49 each, so $10.98 for 12 bottles…GREAT DEAL!!!

• Dime Time says:

Somebody has to do the math for me again, I’m confused.

I don’t get how three bottles could cost less than $5.49 plus tax.

• You’d need to buy in multiples of 6 (and have 2 coupons) to get 6 for the price of 1. Three are free with the B1G1 sale and two are free with the B2G1 coupons, leaving you to pay for just 1 of the 6.

This assumes that they’ll let you stack a B2G1 discount with a B1G1 sale. There’s nothing in the Walgreens coupon policy that specifically permits or condemns this (as there is in the CVS coupon policy).

Here’s what I get:
          - Regular price: $5.49 x 6 = $34.74 (normally)
          - On sale B1G1: $5.49 x 3 = $17.37
          - Two free with two B2G1 coupons: $5.49 x 1 = $5.49 ($0.92 each)

If you only had one coupon, it would work out like this:
          - Regular price: $5.49 x 4 = $21.96 (normally)
          - On sale B1G1: $5.49 x 2 = $10.98
          - One free with one B2G1 coupon: $5.49 x 1 = $5.49 ($1.37 each)

• dime time says:

Ah, clear to me now, assuming the local Wags allows stacking on this deal. I gotta find another Dial coupon, although if I do get one this week I suspect the shelves of my local Wags will be cleaned out before I can get there. Thanks for your help.

3. Brenda, where did you get the coupons for the Purex please?

4. Intchina says:

There is a reach toothbrush coupon on coupons.com

Plus, i cant find the Fiber Smart coupon on the website ($3/1)

plus, the kios DS coupon is really for some other DS remedy, would it be applicable?

• Wags in My Location didnt let me use the MFG cp on the reach tb, they said its because I am already getting the full $2.50 back when I use my rewards card. Is that true? or could i have still be able to use my mfg cp on the reach prod.

• Intchina says:

You should still be able to use it. My Wags had to type them in manually simce they wont scan, but they still did with no objections.
        There is nothing in the cooupon policy that prohibits the use og manufacturers cupons on registe rewards items

5. Intchina says:

Oh, and Tilex/Clorox deal is 2/$6, not 2/$5

6. Has anyone else had problems with the $2 Reach coupon that is good on the 2 pack not working? My Walgreens refused it because their system did not recognize it.

• their ans to me was, “you’re already getting $2.50 back nin Register rewards for your next purchase, so that is why we can not let you use the mfg cp .” so Assumming if i use the $2 on the reach tb pack then I be paying only .99 oop and still getting $2.50 RRB. and that was why they will not allow.

• I shopped at the Eagan Walgreens and the cashier took it but it wouldn’t scan so he just typed it in normally.. I heard they are $1.97 at Walmart (haven’t confirmed this myself) still free/possible .03 cents MM.

• Just had the same issue at Burnsville location. They said it was Canadian?

• They said it was Canadian?.. Hmmm that’s a new one. I would try a different location. There is nothing wrong the coupon and it should work. I got mine to work, I went early Sunday morning but I’ve heard lots of people have issues so I’m afraid to do try again.

7. Alyssea says:

I’m not seeing the Purelife Qs in either the 6/9 or the 3/3

8. Intchina says:

The kios DS facebook page does not list the coupon but it actually prints along with two other ones. Or i may have not seen it somehow. PYD, i apologize for my earlier post saying the coupon was not there – it seems to have been.
    The most bizzarre thing is that the coupon is for $2 but it takes $3 off. My cashier had to void the entire transaction when I pointed it out and type the coupon in manually.
    I would encourage everyone to say something if it happens, because, remember, walgreens will only get $2 back for the coupon from the manufacturer, not $3.

1. [...] is the Walgreens Pocket Your Dollars listing. Colgate Total Toothpaste 4 or 4.2 oz. $3 and receive $2.50 back in RRs and use the $.50 off 1 [...]