Walgreens Shopping List 5/5 – 5/11/13

If you’re new to Walgreens shopping, then learn how the Balance Rewards Program works. Plus, learn how the Register Rewards program works and learn how to read this shopping list. Don’t forget that some other stores will accept Register Rewards like a manufacturer’s coupon. Also, it’s a good idea to print out Walgreens’ official coupon policy and keep it with you in case an issue comes up at checkout.

This is a starting list of deals for the week and is not a comprehensive list of every sale item and its coupons, but just the best deals (things at prices I’d actually pay). We will update this list as readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store, we get emails with deal ideas or we read about other deals across the blogosphere. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week, we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Walgreens is the one store where an advertised sale like “2/$4” usually requires you to buy two products. The first one rings at full price and the second product will ring at a lesser price to bring the total to $4, using our example. If you ever question whether you need to buy two to receive a sale price, ask the cashier to scan one item for you. If it rings at full price, then you know you need to buy two products. If it rings at the sale price, then you don’t.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week at Walgreens?

Comments

1. Carol M says

I don't have the ad yet, but on-line it shows the W batteries bogo again this week. If so, that would make them $1.06/2 with tax and coupon again this week.

2. Lex says

The Charco RR didn't print for me today at the Plymouth Wag. I didn't have time to try to argue the issue. Just a heads up.

• dime time says

it printed for me on Sunday at the Blake Road store in Hopkins. too bad I don't want it. I wanted the probiotic, but didn't see it, and only had a few minutes to look. I'll pick that up later this week.

3. Summer says

$2/1 breathe right from cold and flu book beeped for me this morning saying it was an expired coupon. Cashier called the manager and manager said we can't use coupons on free after rr items. Darn. Still a great deal being free but not a mm for me.

• JoAnnaM21 says

You are supposed to be able to use coupons with free after RR items–it was just their excuse for not knowing why the coupon did not scan. Try another store :)

• JoAnnaM21 says

Also, you should have a copy of their coupon policy with you (linked up above if you need a copy) and can ask them to show you where it is stated.

4. dime time says

did anybody find a $1 Mitchum coupon in their May 5 SS? the coupon database says there should be one, but I don't have it.

5. dime time says

nobody seems to know if we had Mitchum coupons in any of our Sunday papers locally, but I do know that there was a coupon not so long ago that expires May 12, in addition to one that came out Sunday and expires in June. it's good for $1 off a stick of any of the Mitchums on sale, that includes men's and women's, clincial strenght, gel and solid. i ordered a stack of $1 coupons online Sunday so that i could stock up on Mitchum products for both me and my girlfriend. total cost including tax and nominal cost for coupons: $1.25 stick. not free, but a good price for Mitchum, which is my girlfriend's deodorant of choice.

We did not get any Mitchum coupons in this past Sunday's Minneapolis Star Tribune. I'm not sure about the Pioneer Press as I do not subscribe to that newspaper.

6. Juxtaposed says

? here
    I'd like to buy more than 4 12 packs of Mt Dew. Still get the $2.99 price if bought in multiples of 4?

7. Juxtaposed says

?
    I received a catalina $10/$35 purchase.
    This is the plan I want to try, but it only works depending on the order of which coupons I hand to the cashier.
    Mt Dew $2.99 x 4 = $11.96
    Batteries $3.99 x 3 = $11.97
    Charo or Florax – $7
    Sunny Smile paper towels – $5
    = $35.93 after qpons = $8.93
    This will only work if I hand them the $10 off catalina BEFORE the store coupons for the batteries and the Sunny Smile paper towels. Is this cool?