Target has a new Target Cartwheel Savings Program helping you save even more at the register. The program is called Cartwheel and can help you get as much as 30% off items at a Target store near you, including groceries, health & beauty, baby, clothing, and more.
And some of you may jump for joy when you read this: you do not need a smartphone to start saving with Cartwheel (unlike the Shopkick and Ibotta apps, and Target mobile coupons). All you need is a Facebook account to take advantage of the program.
Another great aspect of the program is, in addition to a Cartwheel offer, you can also use one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon per item. For example, this week, Purina ONE Cat Food is on sale for $11.89; plus, if you buy two, you can get a free $5 Target Gift Card. So you could do the following deal this week using a Target printable coupon, a manufacturer coupon and Cartwheel savings:
Buy 2 Purina ONE SmartBlend Salmon & Tuna Cat Food (7 lb.) for $11.89 each
Use one $5/$20+ Purchase of Nestle Products Target printable
Use two $1/1 Purina ONE Dry Cat Food Bag from 4/14 Smart Source insert
Plus, use 5% off Purina One Dog & Cat Food (Cartwheel) (will apply to each cat food bag)
Spend $15.84, get $5 Target Gift Card back
Final price: As low as $5.41 each after coupons, cartwheel savings and gift card
Starting this week and in future Target shopping lists we will continue to match up any sale items with Cartwheel offers currently available.
How to Join
- Visit the Cartwheel website and click on the Facebook login icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Once you login to your Facebook account, you can click on the “Collections” link at the top of the Cartwheel page to start browsing the offers.
- To select an offer, click on the link for the item, and click on the red “add” button. As you add offers, you will fill spots in your Cartwheel, which you can view by clicking on the “my Cartwheel” link at the top of the page.
Changing your Cartwheel Settings on your Facebook account
Before I go into more details about the Cartwheel program, I do want to point out that each time you select a Cartwheel offer, it may appear on the Facebook newsfeed where your Facebook friends can see it. I wanted to point this out right away as I know many of my Pocket Your Dollars’ readers have Facebook and privacy concerns.
If you don’t want your Cartwheel activity to be viewed by others, follow these steps to change the settings for the app on your Facebook account:
- Click on the “Privacy Settings” option on your Facebook page (under the wheel in the upper right-hand corner).
- Click on the “Apps” link on the left-hand side.
- Find the “Cartwheel by Target” app and click on the “Edit” link.
- Next to “Visibility of the app”, click on the down arrow and select “Only Me” if it isn’t already highlighted.
How It Works
Redeeming your Cartwheel offers is easy to do and only requires you to present your Cartwheel barcode to your cashier at checkout. The cashier will scan the barcode and any offers you’ve added to your Cartwheel will be instantly applied for the items you purchased. For instance, if you were supposed to save 5% on a particular item, 5% off that item would automatically be taken off your total.
There are two ways for you to redeem the Cartwheel offers you’ve selected:
- The first option, for those of you who don’t own a smartphone, is to login to your Cartwheel account using your computer and click on the “redeem in store” link on the right-hand side of the page. Then, click on the “print” button, and bring the paper with you to your Target store.
- The second option simply requires you to show the cashier your Cartwheel barcode at checkout using your mobile device’s web browser.
Unlocking More Spots for Savings
After you register for the program, you are automatically given 10 spots in your Cartwheel to fill with 10 offers. You can receive more spots as you unlock badges, which can be viewed by clicking on the “badges” link at the top of the page. If you want to find out how to unlock more, click in the lock icon. The card will flip over and tell you what you need to do to unlock that badge.
Viewing and Removing Items from Your Cartwheel
If you want to check the expiration date for a particular offer, just view your Cartwheel and click on the link for the offer you have waiting for you. The card will flip over and tell you when the offer expires.
If you decide you no longer want a particular offer, you can click on the link for the item and click on the red “remove” button to remove the item from your Cartwheel and open up another spot.
Other Things to Know
- The Cartwheel discount is taken after Target coupons and before manufacturer coupons.
- An identical Cartwheel offer can be applied up to four times in a single transaction, unless otherwise noted.
- There is a limit of 6 Cartwheel transactions per day.
- Cartwheel is currently unavailable for redemption on Target.com and Target Canada.
Your turn: Have you had a chance to use the Cartwheel savings program? What are your thoughts?