This deal has expired and may no longer be valid.
We’ve rounded up the latest free events, activities and crafts going on at various locations in the Twin Cities, Minnesota area and also nationwide this weekend (5/3-5/5). Please leave a comment if you know of any others and we’ll add them to this list.
We’ve partnered with Family Fun Twin Cities to present a free Twin Cities events calendar for kids and families. You should be able to click on the title of each event for more information, including location/address and a website (if applicable).
Your turn: What other free weekend events and activities do you know of?
- American Girl Historical Character Scavenger Hunt: Sunday from 1-3pm
- Julie’s Bracelet Craft: Sunday from 1-3pm
Bank of America
Bank of America offers free general admission to 150 museums nationwide on the first full weekend of every month as part of the Museums on Us program. (Note that you must be a Bank of America cardholder to receive free admission.)
Barnes & Noble
Check your local Barnes & Noble for events. Most stores have story times once or twice per week.
Cabela’s offers various samples and demonstrations each weekend. Events vary by location, so check for details at your local store.
- Introduction to Pro Tools 10 is the topic for this Saturday’s workshop
Bring your child to Home Depot this Saturday from 9am-12pm for the free Kids Workshop: Come Discover the EPIC World Right in Your Own Back Yard!. These workshops are designed for children ages 5-12 and are held the first Saturday of every month. Each child receives a free project kit, kid-sized orange apron, and achievement pin.
Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores
JoAnn Fabric & Craft Stores offers free make-it take-it crafts on select weekends. This weekend, check out:
- Free Make-It Take It: Fabric Button Ring: Sunday from 2-3pm
- I Love My Teacher Card this Saturday
- Frame It: Chic Wall and Table Displays: Sunday at 10am (RSVP)
Target sponsors free and reduced-priced admission opportunities at museums and cultural events nationwide. Select your city to find participating venues and their next scheduled discount day. In the Twin Cities area:
- The Walker Art Center is free every Thursday night as a part of Target Free Thursday Nights
Toys R Us
Toys R Us has a May the Fourth Be With You event going on this Saturday from 12-2pm where kids can build an exclusive version of Jek-14’s Stealth Starfighter.
Twin Cities Events
We’ve partnered with Family Fun Twin Cities to offer a free family fun calendar for the Twin Cities area (look below for more adult-friendly events). In addition to these, be sure to check the MELSA calendar for free events at your local library.
Free Twin Cities Events (for Families & Kids)
Free Twin Cities Events (for Adults)
- Yoga Sol’s 1-Year Birthday Bash (Minneapolis): 5:30-8pm
- Garlic Mustard Pull and Harvest (Silverwood Park – St. Anthony): 9am-1pm
- Introduction to Pro Tools 10 (Guitar Center locations): 10-11am
- National Bike Month Kickoff with Free Tune-Ups (Midtown Greenway – Minneapolis): 10am-4pm (Thanks, Allison!)
- Hardscape Seminar: Outdoor Living on a Budget (Bachman’s – Minneapolis): 11am-1pm
- Spice & Slice of Asian America: American Bamboo (Maple Grove Library): 1pm
- Spice & Slice of Asian America: N/A (Brookdale Library): 1pm
- Poets in the Park Teen Poetry Slam and Poetry Workshops (Wescott Library – Eagan): 2pm
- Free Make-It Take It: Fabric Button Ring (Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft stores): 2-3pm