Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save Shopping List 4/28 – 5/4/13

If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read Roundy’s (Rainbow Foods, Copps, and Pick N Save’s) coupon policy before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

If you shop at Copps and your ad doesn’t match the items mentioned in this shopping list, then check out what we saw for sales last week.

Two things to remember about this list of deals. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, it is a starting list: as we learn of more deals whose final price is low enough, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

About Carrie Rocha

I am passionate about helping people live within their means so they can get out and stay out of debt. I live in Minneapolis, MN with my husband and two little girls.

Comments

1. I was just at our PNS and saw a display advertising 1 free ROundy's Apple Juice with the purchase of 1 Motts Apple Juice. The Motts Apple Juice are $2.89. I'm looking for Motts coupons to match up.

2. Anyone able to print the $1 OR .75 off Werther's? I can't but it could be me. Guess I will be satisfied paying .25/bag using the coupon insert. Still a good price.

• When I tried to print the $1 off coupon, a message stating "Sorry, already printed …coupon.."

came up, but I don't recall printing the coupon

• Julie R. says:

Same thing here…

• I have gotten that message even when it's a coupon I have never printed before.
        I would like to know if other people have gotten annoyed over coupon.com "pre-selecting" coupons. I just went there to print a few coupons and before I knew it they had printed three pages of coupons I didn't want and didn't select. Three pages of wasted paper and ink. I emailed them that I would resort to putting them on my spam list if I had to do that to avoid wasting my ink and paper. It is manipulative to the extreme and why should we have to waste time unselecting a bunch of coupons.

3. I was at Rainbow in Bloomington yesterday. When I went thur the paper to make sure the coupons was in there. It had two extra inserts. Thinking nothing of it I went thur check out. The cashier checked my paper and took out the two extra. Talking bout people have been taking out inserts. When I tried to explain to her that it was like that when I went thur it. She still took them. I didn't argue cause I didn't think it was a big thing. Has anyone had this happen to them? Why do I feel like I should have talked to the manager? I think it's just cuz I felt like I was being accused of something I didn't do.

• rosemary says:

I usually by my paper at Cubs but I hear people have been stealing inserts. But sometimes there are a few with extra inserts in them.

• I prefer the self-checkout – alhough it doesn't take coupons and the supervisor needs to come over, usually not as scutibnized there as they are rushed.

• Wow… that would have made me really mad. Talk about disrespectful. I understand they are concerned with people stealing inserts, but to check papers as you go through the line??? Totally unnecessary. My RB has a sign in front of the papers, telling people not to take inserts out. If people choose to ignore the sign and take them out, well – that is on their own conscious.

I would have talked to the manager!!

• Andrea says:

I bought a paper at the White Bear Lake Ave Rainbow (I went to pick it up before I went shopping b/c if I don't they are usually gone) and I had to purchase it before I went shopping because people will take the paper then take the inserts out and leave the papers throughout the store. Frustrating because I had to use my debit card for 1.00 but I wanted my rainbow ad which we no longer get in the Sunday paper.

• I don't think they meant to be rude, but just because you got two papers with extra inserts in them (that you didn't put in there) doesn't mean that you deserved to get them both for free.

• Christina says:

I used to work customer service for a newspaper and we got calls all the time from upset people who had bought their paper at a store and it didn't have the same number of coupons as their neighbor's paper who was a subscriber. What I was told was that most of the time when there are not enough ads in a newspaper it is usually because the manufacturer didn't send them enough ads to fill all their store distribution newspapers. If there are extra ads in a newspaper it is usually because the manufacturers sent the paper more ads than they needed for normal circulation so rather than recycling the extras and throwing away money in the form of coupons they generally start to put extra copies in for their subscribers first and then put extras in whatever store-distribution site papers they have until they run out. Other times it is just assembler error but I wouldn't say there is a reason to deem someone "deserving" of those extras or not. Regardless, I feel it was wrong of the clerk to confiscate ads…if there were 4-6 separate sets of the same inserts you might have cause to suspect foul play…but with only two extras in the paper it was going overboard.

4. Thanks for this weeks list.

5. Westfield soy milk was 2/300 at my rainbow this weekend. hopefully its still on sale.

6. Did anyone try to do this deal?

P&G Deal (exp 5/4)

Spend $30+ on Participating P&G Products With Your Roundy’s Rewards Card, Get $10 Visa Prepaid Card by Mail (Limit 1 Per Household) (exp 5/4)

I tried Saturday (bought items on the list: Charmin, puffs, etc) and no rebate catalina printed. :(

• Sometimes they are at the service desk on a tear pad.

• Yes, that was a tearpad rebate. You might also be able to print a rebate form at pgbeyourbest.com. Note that the rebate mentioned in the coupon booklet is a different rebate.

7. whats wrong with the comments?

• Drew – I apologize that things are a little wonky right now. We are in the process of migrating 120,000+ comments to a new commenting platform/interface. The site was super sluggish over the weekend and this morning it was up and down. We discovered that the current system we are using for handling comments was the bottleneck. So, I apologize for not giving advanced notice, but we had to make an immediate change to a new system. And here we go. I'll write a blog post about it tomorrow once everything gets moved over. It'll have lots of new functionality. You can check it out at http://intensedebate.com/.

8. Im confused because you're posting an ad for the following week when that ad wont be out until thursday so the current ad goes until 5/1/13 so if we went to the store wednesday the first to take advantage of double coupon days and went off of what you have on here it would be wrong because what your posting doesnt come out until 5/2/13?? this has happened to me two weeks now??

• ? The ad goes through 5/4/13…

• PYD posts for Rainbow which runs Sun-Sat. The other Roundy corp stores run the same ad but it starts on Thursday–is this what you are referring to?

• Nikki if you are in WI and using Pick N Save, you would need to refer to the "expired week" after Sunday for the ad that runs through Wed. Then the current week for posting would be in effect for Thurs – Wed for you. So for Pick N Save shoppers we get a preview of the ad a couple days before it's in effect for us :)

• okay thanks!! I was confused on dates it shows it ends on 27th, so I just have to remember that its for another 3 days :) nice early peek! :)

9. PNS- Hershey's, Mars or Nestle single candy bars 10/$5 (coupon from flyer) Stack with .60/3 Nestle from 4/28 SS. .14 a piece. (if I did the math right)

10. I can't find the printable $6 Zyrtec coupon. When I click on the link I see the $7/70 ct. but not the $6/5ct.
    Anyone else?

11. I can't get the Dreamfields coupon to work from either of my computers. It says the coupon has been printed too many times or the link is no longer valid.

Also the FB coupon for S&W Beans is sold out for this area and doesn't work either.

12. The Bob Evans refrigerated side dish coupon is no longer available.

13. Would anyone have an idea as to why I can't ever find this coupon: "$0.55/1 Fresh Express Packaged Salad from 3/10 Smart Source insert" in my Smart Source inserts?

Should I be getting a different Sunday paper?

14. CHRISTINE says:

DD DAYS SAT MAY 18TH

• Jennifer says:

Any words on UNLIMITED DAYS????????????

• Really? Where did you find that information?

• Just an extra fyi about future double double coupon days.. It is only valid for customers that have the new fresh perks card.

• Tanya – I'm not entirely sure that's true. I think that there will be extra Double Double Daze for Fresh Perks members, but there will still be regular Double Double Daze for everyone. At least that's what I'm seeing in my reading on the new program.

Since Copps and Pick 'n Save shoppers do not have the Fresh Perks card, I don't see how Roundy's could tie that promotion exclusively to the card.

15. If hte Palmero's coupon for $1/1 expires 4/30, how could the lowest price for the pizza be $1.50 if we'd never be able to use it by the time we can double doupons?

16. Nevermind..I guess there is a printable $1/1 coupon as well ;)

17. Hey all – FYI – If you create a free account with Intense Debate (our new commenting system) then your comments can be automatically approved without us seeing them. Without that account we have to manually approve them. Fine by us, but it creates a lag time.

18. KrackerKrumbs says:

Did anyone else notice that the Fresh Perks total spent is not based on what was actually paid out of pocket? I wonder if it is based on the total before coupons? Anyone know?

• From my receipts, it looked like the Fresh Perks were calculated before manufacturer's coupons! :)

• I noticed this as well. But no matter what I included or excluded, I could not come up with the same total as on my receipt. However, it was pretty close to what it would add up to before manufacturer coupons. I think that is the same way they figured the fuel perks. This is great for us couponers. Yesterday I used up over $40 in coupons.

• calculated before mfrs coupon after store coupons.

19. I think that the Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta coupon is out of prints. Anyone having luck getting it?

20. There is a coupon book that started today for PNS. Will you have matchups for it by Saturday?

21. Is the Birdseye Voila variety not included in the $1 sale?

22. Hershey’s, Mars or Nestle Single Candy Bars 10/$5 (Must Buy 10)
    Use in-ad Roundy’s coupon
    Plus, use:
    $0.50/2 Dove Chocolate Bars printable
    Final price: As low as free after coupons

I did not see a tag even for the dove chocolate bars at Roseville Rainbow. Lots of Hershey though that I was able to get free.

23. Tiffany says:

I do believe that the village hearth coupon and the pepperidge farm cracker coupons are both gone.

24. No double coupons on Saturday anymore? (I only saw Wed. mentioned on the website)

• If you don't see it in the store, look at the top-right of their ads. It shows Double Daze Wed and Sat.

25. CheIIe says:

I see a new $0.75 Ibotta offer for the Hormel Natural Choices. For me the $1/2 IP is no longer showing up.

26. Christina says:

Just read and re-read the Rainbow coupon policy and didn't see anything about multiple transactions? Is this allowed? Is there a limit to the number of transactions? I am looking at my list and I have 9 coupons that could potentially double and I was wondering if I could do one half of the list and my husband take the other? Or do they restrict it by household?

• I do multiple transactions. My store just asks that you only do two at a time and then wait in line again.

• Christina – Yes, multiple transactions are allowed except on Unlimited Double Daze. The limit used to be 7 per card when it was linked to Roundy's Rewards, but with the new Fresh Perks program I'm not sure.

The only restriction by household is that you're only allowed to use 5 of the same coupon per household, per day. So if you had 9 of the same coupon, you would only be able to use 5 of them between you and your husband.

27. CheIIe says:

A little late, but there's a $1/1 Fresh Take coupon in the April issue of BH&G. Page 149. I was just flipping through and spotted it.

1. [...] See the full list of deals at Rainbow Foods/Pick ‘N Save/Copps this week here. [...]

2. [...] like an okay week with local sales.  Please check pocket your dollars for possible ongoing deals which are regular or temporary price reduction items and coupon [...]