Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save Shopping List 4/21 – 4/27/13

If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read Roundy’s (Rainbow Foods, Copps, and Pick N Save’s) coupon policy before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

If you shop at Copps and your ad doesn’t match the items mentioned in this shopping list, then check out what we saw for sales last week.

Two things to remember about this list of deals. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, it is a starting list: as we learn of more deals whose final price is low enough, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

Comments

• mary says

Sue – Do you mean the buy 5 for $1.89 deal? I'm not seeing that anymore when I check Rainbow's website. Were there signs up at your store?

• Nancy says

Hi Heather. Yes they still will be $1.99. Same goes for all sales that says must buy a certain amount. But if u buy 4 then not gonna be $1.99 each.

1. Sarah says

Does anyone know which stores carry the Ella Organics or Beech-Nut brands of baby food? In Maple Grove the store doesn't have either option – only a whole lot of Gerber that is very, very expensive.

2. Sue says

That's what the signs in the store say. And they still have the big display of Quaker products out. Most have $1/2 peelies.

3. toni says

I received a catalina printout last week from my Pick n Save store that says you can get money back if you buy Keebler Townhouse crackers…Buy 2 get $1.50, Buy 3 get $2.50, Buy 4 or more and get $4. So, the way I figure, if you buy 5 at $1.99 each, use two $1/2 coupons, after doubled coupons you will pay $5.95 and get $4 back. So the OOP is only $1.95 or $.39 each. (The dates for this promotion are4/22 – 5/19)

4. intchina says

BTW, there is a new coupon book out in Milwaukee for Pick N Save.

It has a BOGO coupon for pepperidge farm layer cake (it costs 4.15 at my PnS). This coupon can be paired with the $50/1 coupon in 4/7 insert(?).

There is also a Pagoda coupon ($1.98?) that can be paired up with a $0.75/1 coupon from coupons.com.

5. Maria says

I think the math on the knorr sides is incorrect. If I can use 2 coupons that would make the package cost $8.00 for 10 items or $0.80 each… not $0.75.

• Maria says

o also those coupons can't be doubled due to the expiration, so if you used them yesterday it would have been $.90 each.

6. ellen says

hi. Anyone here have extras of the 4/21ss $1 off wyb hershey's air delight and hershey's bar ? can trade qs or pp.

7. Carol M says

I was disappointed because I quit receiving the Rainbow ad in my Sunday paper. I sent them a message on their website and they sent me an ad in the mail.

8. Terri says

I saw when I was at Rainbow on Saturday tht there will be a new cash back system starting on the 28th this month. I hope the 1% cash back is before coupons like the fuel perks. You have to get an actual card because it is not attached to the Roundy's card. They don't have the cards in the store yet but the person at customer service said they might be mailing out cards to people that have a registered Roundy's card.

9. Maryann Nicolette says

We do not get any coupons anymore. We use to get them in the Sunday paper. Sometimes you will find some in magazine. BJ's has coupon books for there store here.

This is what I get when I click on the $1/2 Ore Ida Frozen Item printable link:

404 – File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

V8 Vegetable Juice $3.00 – In this week's ad

$1/2 V8 Low Sodium 100% Vegetable Juice printable

Final price: $2.00 each after doubled coupon

V8 Vegetable Juice (46 oz.) $2.69 (cutback through 5/5) – On-Going Deal

$1/2 V8 100% Vegetable Juices 46 oz.+ printable

$0.75/2 V8 100% Vegetable Juice 46 oz.+ printable

Final price: As low as $1.69 each after doubled coupon

Wonder what price these are this week?

12. SarahBB says

A cashier at the Eagan RB told us that the gas rewards will be replaced with a reward system to use on buying groceries. Pretty vague, but that's all she shared.

I was wondering if anyone was having the same issue of not getting a Rainbow ad in their paper. Good to know. I really like having the ad since we live quite a ways away–I don't even check the PYD Rainbow list unless I know I'm going to be in town on a Wednesday or Saturday, but if there are particularly good deals I'll make a special trip, but I don't know if there are particularly good deals without the ad…

Also the first $1/1 crunchy nut cereal printable listed is gone, but there is a $1/2 cinnamon jacks, frosted mini-wheats crunch, scooby-doo or special k chocolately strawberry cereals on coupons.com

• Terri says

Under zip code 02222 there is a coupon for $1/1 crunchy nut cereal. It's only under this zip code though, so you will have to switch your zipcode.

14. Jenell says

Just got the mail and found my Fresh Perks Card inside. Starts April 28, 2013. Fuel Perks ends April 27, 2013. Lots of other fun bonuses. Hopefully this continues to work with SavingStar.

• sarah says

And sort of odd that they say that its till July 20th? Also I wonder if having more double double days means that they have decided that the unlimited did not work out and we won't be seeing anymore of those.

15. Talonda says

Does Pick n Save take BOGO printables? Because there is a buy a Schick razor get shave gel free and buy shave gel get another shave gel free on coupons.com

16. Ruth says

I have McAfee internet security. It says the Java printer for Q's is not secure. Also says the Coupon Network Q printer is unsecure. Has anyonne had these problems? (States my security system will not allow the downloads.)

Thanks.

17. Ruth says

Just wondering if anyone is having trouble with printing Q's using Smart Source and Coupon Network. I have McAfee internet security. When I go to download the printers for these two sources, it says my security will not allow the downloads. Any suggestions as to what to do.

Thanks.

18. Sue says

There was a sign in the store that says

Disclaimer for All & Clorox

The price in the ad reflects the price after the coupon!!

We apologize for any inconvenience.

• mary says

That doesn't make sense to me. How do they know which 3 items you will choose to use the coupon on? (They are all different prices.) What is the price of the items before the coupon?

• Sue says

I agree. The prices were the prices in the ad. I just don't think that coupon is for the All & Clorox. There are 2 different asterisks on the coupon. It kind of sounds like for the single asterisk items that you just must buy 2 but you don't get money off with that coupon. The double asterisk is for the $3 off items. IDK

19. margaret says

Is the Old Orchard juice b2g1free at all Roundy's stores? I just called my Copps store and they only mentioned the apple juice being on sale.

It's quite disappointing to say the least. I wonder how they will now compete with Cub, where you can use expired coupons AND earn a discount on fuel or Target, which takes store and manufacturer coupons and has the debit/credit card option?

• toni says

I talked to the manager of my Pick N Save store today, to ask him if our fuel perks are ending on the 27th, too. He said that the managers of the Pick N Save stores are fighting to keep the fuel perks, but does not know if they will win. He did say that our store (central WI) will not end the perks on the 27th…but could not promise any thing more.

21. Christina says

Is anyone else having trouble figuring out the new fresh perks program at Rainbow? I just got a new card in the mail and tried to follow the directions to register it and it says I'm not in the system. I know it doesn't take effect until the 28th, but was just wondering if anyone else has had problems? Carrie, are you planning on updating your website to inform on the program? It sounds like it is just going to take the place of fuel perks at Rainbow Foods and not all Roundy's stores.

22. Intchina says

I think this deal starts at Vopps and Pick n Save tomorrow – we are behind Rainbow/Roundy's by several days (their cycle is Sunday-Saturday, ours – Thursday-Wednesday). Which is actually quite convenient for us, since this website already shows the sales that will start our Thursday on Sunday, giving us more time to prepare. The sales do not always match, but I would say that over 90% of the time they do.

23. Intchina says

Whats great about wholly salsa is that their coupons renew every month, and there are quite a few links, too. I do not think I have paid for salsa since last fall thanks to them and double daze!

• Intchina says

My PnS store is awful at stocking Wholly Salsa, but theirs is still 1.99 for regular salsa. Can't complain!

24. sheila says

anyone know if the $2/4 coupon from the in-store flyer is a store coupon or manufacture??

**UPDATED** Tombstone or Jack’s Naturally Rising Pizza $3.99

$2/4 Roundy’s coupon from in-store flyer

$1/1 Tombstone Garlic Dipping Bites, Double Top or Stuffed Crust Pizza (Facebook) printable

Final price: As low as $1.99 after doubled coupon

25. Melissa says

Try going into Tools, Internet Options, Security, and make the website a trusted site. To do this click on sites, type on the website nane and click on add. You will have to uncheck the box that says Require Server verification.

• Melissa says

Whoops, should proofread before submitting. I meant to say type in the website name and click on add…..

26. Luba says

The Apple Valley Rainbow has Lifesavers on sale for $1.00. There is a $1.50/2 coupon on coupons.com to make these $.50 each! Also, I noticed the Minute Maid juice boxes on sale for $3.49. After the $1/1 coupon from coupons.com, It will be $1.49. :)

27. Brock says

Roundy's drumsticks and thighs are 79 cents/lb at Copps.

About time we get something lower than you MN folks for once. Usually it's the other way around!

28. GW says

My guess is that their system is not going to allow you to "opt-in" until Sunday. It is my thought that it will mess up their system to have both card databases active at the same time.

I did see in the fine print that the 1% does not start until AFTER you have purchased $400 worth. That $400 has limitations including the fact that it is $400 before tax and AFTER store coupons.

Personally, this is not an appealing system to me. I would prefer the cents of fuel. We had already curbed the amount of shopping we do at Rainbow as their prices have actually increased a lot after the first of the year and it seems that getting shelves restocked on items when they run out by the end of the day on Monday (sometimes Sunday) is very iffy. When I did the purchase comparison of some shopping trips between Rainbow and Cub, I found that since I could use expired manufacturer coupons (30 day past), I actually came out ahead. The only time I shop Rainbow now is if they are the best price on soda for the week, and I am only buying sale items and have really good coupons to double, which means I only shop on double coupon days. This new program is going to curb my purchasing at Rainbow more.

29. GW says

I actually get the Rainbow ad in my mail on Friday. It is in the same mail stuffer that has the local County Market ad, Byerly's, Fleet Farm and other extraneous ads as promos arise. I have been getting the ad this way for over 2 years. I am not sure why they do that, but I have really enjoyed getting it that way, especially since the ads no longer seem to be in the Saturday or Sunday papers anymore.

30. Stacy says

I was told by my cashier that they are no longer sending out ads in the paper. You have to come in the store to get on or look online.

31. Julie R. says

I am unsure, can you help…

If I do the Energizer Brand Products Deal once and get the $10.00, can I do it again in a second transaction and get another $10.00 back? And a third? I happen to have enough coupons to make 5 deals so 5 transactions. I just want to make sure I get the 10 bucks back, you know!

I love this site!

Julie

• Julie R. says

Hey everyone,

I did the Energizer Brand Deal, with all coupons did 5 Deals, spent approximately $25 OOP and got back $50.00 (5 x $10 back). YAY!!!

I did not roll the $10 back coupon to pay for the next deal. I didn't know if it would allow me to do that. So I saved them and just used them to pay for food.

32. JLA says

I was really confused by that July date, too! Obviously they wouldn't bother mailing out all the cards unless it's valid beyond July but what is the significance of that date, then? Hmmm. :/

33. Mary says

For the lipton pure leaf tea, 4/$4 when you buy 4, limit 4. What does the limit mean? Does it mean 4 bottles only or 4 of 4/$4 which means 16?

• Terri says

It means 4 bottles total. I did the Starbucks 2/$2 and it took off $.50 for each to make them $1 each. After the limit of 2 it rang up at $1.50 each. It should work the same way because they are similar deals.

34. Martha says

The Gold'n Plump chicken has gone up in price, it is now $7.49. Also, it is a 20 ounce package, not 24. With the buy one get one free and doubled coupon, the final price is $5.49 for 40 ounces, or around $2.20 per pound. A little higher than what we were paying over the winter, which is such a bummer now that grilling season is FINALLY here!

35. Katie J says

there is a buy one schick razor get I free coupon in tomorrows paper we get it today :) . Stack this with the buy 1 get 1 packages of Schick Xtreme 3 I found in store huge display means you get 4 packages for $7

So buy 4 packs of the buy 1 get 1 = $28 total – $14 for the 2 b1g1 coupons from the paper =$14 get back $10 for next transaction = $4 for all 8 packs after your split up the b1g1 packs from in store.