Walgreens Shopping List 3/10 – 3/16/13

If you’re new to Walgreens shopping, then learn how the Balance Rewards Program works. Plus, learn how the Register Rewards program works and learn how to read this shopping list. Don’t forget that some other stores will accept Register Rewards like a manufacturer’s coupon. Also, it’s a good idea to print out Walgreens’ official coupon policy and keep it with you in case an issue comes up at checkout.

This is a starting list of deals for the week and is not a comprehensive list of every sale item and its coupons, but just the best deals (things at prices I’d actually pay). We will update this list as readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store, we get emails with deal ideas or we read about other deals across the blogosphere. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week, we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Walgreens is the one store where an advertised sale like “2/$4” usually requires you to buy two products. The first one rings at full price and the second product will ring at a lesser price to bring the total to $4, using our example. If you ever question whether you need to buy two to receive a sale price, ask the cashier to scan one item for you. If it rings at full price, then you know you need to buy two products. If it rings at the sale price, then you don’t.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week at Walgreens?

Comments

Woodbury Walgreens would not let me use a manufacturers coupon and the Walgreens coupon book coupon together. They said they were both manufacturers coupons.

• JoAnna says

I have read comments in the past with people having that same issue. It must vary from store to store as I have never had that issue at the Walgreens in Chaska (just did a deal like that last wk with no problem). Did you ask for a manager?

• Phil says

I think all the coupons in the monthly coupon book are Walgreen's coupon rather than a Mfg. coupon but the other coupon books around the store (vitamin, cold & flu, etc.) increasingly are including more Mfg. coupons than they used to which are still handy if you can't find a higher value mfg. coupon from any other source. The mfg. ones are pretty well marked.

2. Alice B says

I was just told at my Walgreens that the buy $15 merchandise, get 3000 rewards points deal is calculated after ALL coupons on those products. The cashier said this was a new change with an upgrade of the computers (I know I've combined in the past).

3. Tina says

Does anyone understand this? I'm confused by the rewards points.

I have 6000 reward points, but when I bought $6.00 of soap, I was told I couldn't use 5000 of the points toward them because the cash register didn't give the option to redeem points. We asked the manager and he said I wouldn't be able to use them until I reach 10,000 because I went over 5000. (Yet in my previous purchase, I had 11000 and used 5000) It doesn't quite make sense.

I looked online and don't see anything spelled out. Was this a fluke or is there a rule to follow?

Sounds like a fluke to me, you should have been able to use the points. Unless you bought something else in your transaction (besides soap) that you can't use points on – dairy, liquor, tobacco, stamps, prescriptions, etc — that could block the register from prompting to redeem. If not, I believe you should have been able to use the points.

4. mikey says

At Walgreens tonite I bought 2 of the planters peanuts and used 2 Manu coupons along with the March coupon book coupon. My total was $3.00 so I used my register rewards from the soap I got earlier on week. Cashier told me I had to buy something else cuz the balance was zero. I don't recall ever doing this before so was not sure if this is typical or not.

You would have to have a 3rd item if you have 3 manufacturer coupons, since you can't have more manufacturer coupons than you have actual items in your order. Register Rewards count as manufacturer coupons, so you would need to buy something else in order to use it.

5. Mikey says

Interestingly, that's what I said to the cashier. He said that it was because there was a zero balance and the computer won't allow that. I also thought it was the number of items vx. number of coupons. (Maybe this young man was not sure tho.)