Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save Shopping List 3/3 – 3/9/13

If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read Roundy’s (Rainbow Foods, Copps, and Pick N Save’s) coupon policy before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

If you shop at Copps and your ad doesn’t match the items mentioned in this shopping list, then check out what we saw for sales last week.

Two things to remember about this list of deals. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, it is a starting list: as we learn of more deals whose final price is low enough, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

About Carrie Rocha

I am passionate about helping people live within their means so they can get out and stay out of debt. I live in Minneapolis, MN with my husband and two little girls.

Comments

1. If I have a raincheck for Oreos will I be able to use it and get the free Roundy's O's.

Also will I be able to use 5 $1/1 Wheaties and 1 $.75/1 Wheaties coupon in the same transaction, or does that count as 6 like coupons?

2. The 6 Wheaties coupons will be considered as 6 like coupons because they are all for the same product (even if diff denominations and from diff sources).

3. melissa says:

Better deal this week than last .

4. Anjanette says:

The CoverGirl mascara price is a good deal – the price after 25% off at my Rainbow was $6.74 (for Lash Blast Clump Crusher, Lash Blast 24 hour, and Lash Blast Length varieties), and with the $3 off coupon from this week's PG ad, it's $3.74. Not bad!

5. Did we get this in the Twin Cities? I am not finding it.

$1/3 Lean Cuisine Varieites from 3/3 Red Plum insert

6. I disagree. Rainbows policy states "Limit of 5 of the same coupon per household per day."

A 75 cent coupon is not the 'same' as 5 $1/1 coupons in the scenario Terri mentions above. I have never run into a problem doing a deal like that at Rainbow either.

7. The Del Monte Fruit Naturals Mango cup coupon ($0.50) says "don not double", so the fruit cups would be $0.50 each, not free.

8. Thanks for this weeks list.

9. I have some corrections to make to the list above:

"S&W Beans $1.09 (regular price)

$1/2 S&W Beans Cans from 2/10 Smart Source insert (exp 4/30)

Final price: $0.09 each after doubled coupon"

Regular price for these is actually $1.39 each @ Rainbow in Woodbury

"Stride Gum Single Pack $1.19 (regular price)

$1/2 Stride iD Gum Packs from 2/10 Smart Source insert (exp 3/24)

$0.50/1 Stride Gum Single Pack printable

Final price: $0.19 after doubled coupon"

Regular price for these is actually $1.49 @ Rainbow in Woodbury

"ChapStick Lip Care $0.99

$1/2 ChapStick Packs from 1/27 Red Plum #1 insert (limit 4 like coupons in same shopping trip)

Final price: Two free after doubled coupon"

These were actually not still on sale this last Saturday. They are $1.49 each @ Woodbury Rainbow Foods.

10. Jill Pearson says:

nice ty

11. I would think you can get the free Roundy's O's Cookies if you buy the Oreos with a raincheck.

12. The Oreos deal is listed as a "brand challenge" to get people to try Roundy's brand. I'm guessing it may be something they do for awhile, but it doesn't specify details in the ad. I don't think a rain check should make a difference.

13. Yes, you will still be able to get the free Roundy's O's. The rain check will not affect it.

14. Higher prices in Chaska too!

15. Juicy Juice 2/$5

$1 off 1 from 2/10/13 RP

Final Price: $.50

16. Wouldn't the Lean Cuisine be as low as free after doubled coupon?

Is it OK to use a $1/2 coupon on a BOGO deal like the Ricola cough drops? Or would you need to get 4 to use the coupon?

• Sue – You're right, but The Rainbow ad excludes Salad Additions from the sale so I don't think we can include those coupons there. If they are included in the sale at Pick N Save we'll have to make a separate item for that. As for the BOGO, I'd say you should buy 4 to stick with their rule about not using a coupon for a free item.

17. **NEW** Pepperidge Farm Garlic Bread or Texas Toast $1.98 (Must Buy 2)

$1/1 Pepperidge Farm Frozen Bread or Rolls printable

Final price: Free after doubled coupon

Since you have to buy 2, they would be $.98 each after doubled coupon

18. Anyone know if the Lean Cuisine appetizers (spring rolls or dip) would be included the 5 for $10?

19. That helped, Mary. Found it!

20. Hi there. Does the Buddig coupon double automaticly even though it states "Do not double"? Thank you.

21. Lorissa says:

its about the same price at Walmart – so its a good filler to get to the $25 mark.

22. Scratch that. Actually they ARE on sale for $2 despite what the ad says (must be a misprint), so the list has been updated.

23. The printable coupon linked on this page for Kraft Macaroni & Cheese says "Redeemable at Wal-Mart" on it. Does this mean it's ONLY redeemable at Wal-Mart, or just that they want to advertise Wal-Mart? The instructions to the retailer on the coupon don't specifically say it's only valid at Wal-Mart, but I'd hate to screw Rainbow out of $1 (or 2) if they can't redeem it with Kraft. Does anyone know?

• Generally that kind of coupon is redeemable anywhere unless they use the word "only". Dont' worry about Rainbow, they take these coupons all the time.

• You can use that coupon at Rainbow. If a coupon says "Redeemable ONLY AT Walmart" then you would not be able to use it.

24. The Lean Cuisine spring rolls were included. I didn't see the dips at the CR store, so not sure if they are also included. I used a 1/2 coupon that came in one of the boxes.

25. Jennifer says:

Jolly Time Popcorn (3-4 pk.) $1.75

$1/1 Jolly Time Healthy Pop Microwave Popcorn printable

$1/2 Jolly Time Microwave Popcorn printable

$1/2 Jolly Time Healthy Pop Microwave Popcorn printable

Final price: As low as free after doubled coupon

The $1/1 coupon link printed $1/2 coupons when I printed them.

26. For the first time today my coupons did not double until my total was over $25.00 after sale prices (when the $9 was taken off for the cereal the total went down to $21 and they did not double, I purchased a few more items to get higher and they doubled just fine) rather than the $25 total being based on shelf prices. Anyone else have this happen or was it maybe just a fluke at the register?

• Mine doubled, but the $9.00 didn't come off. They tried to tell me it was because I used coupons. I went to the costumer service and they have me the $9.00.

• Nita, which location store is this at ?

• I did three different transactions with the general mills cereals and none of them reached $25 with the $9 subtracted — and all the coupons doubled. This was at the Midway store.

I also found a nice buy with the full circle oven ready bread. The whole grain was on special for 99 cents and there is a 50 cents coupon in their coupon book.

The only coupons I had a problem with were the pepperidge farm frozen bread coupons which did not double — the cashier tried in vain to see if there was any wording like "do not double" and ended up refunding me $2.

27. Watch the $1/1 Pepperidge Farm coupon. Mine didn't double today.

Also, regular price for the Hall's cough drops is $1.89 and Jell-O is $1.49

• Jennifer says:

Strange, mine got doubled. I wanted the garlic bread, but couldn't find it and ended up getting the Texas Toast.

28. I can't seem to get the $2/1 RightGuard deoderant coupon to show up under Redplum. Is it under any certain zip code???

29. Mine also did not double.. Make sure to double check it! I had the manager manually double it! After him reading the coupon over and over again!!!

30. Lydia – It's no longer available.

31. same thing happened to me at MG didn't reach $25 so cpns didn't double- bummer though- I didn't realize till after I came home

32. AsUntoTheLord says:

Heads up on a possible butter deal…

Land O Lakes butter (1 lb, sticks) is on sale (at least in my PNS ad) for 2 for $5. We're supposed to be getting some coupons for $0.50/1 in the Smart Source this weekend, so if you get a Sat. paper, keep an eye out for it or if you shop the stores that goes through Wednesday, keep it in mind. There *may* also be some tearpad coupons floating around, but I haven't seen them around me yet.

Final Price: $1.50 :-)

• AsUntoTheLord says:

They also may state DND (L.O.L. has been doing this more often), so YMMV but even at $2 it is still not bad! :-)

33. The Old Orchard deal does not include 100% juice.

34. Thank you, Sue.

35. same here but I'm holding onto my 5 buddig $1/4 coupons for a better sale price to get them for free.

36. Can anyone help with Smart Source printables? All of a sudden, I can't get anything Smart Source related to print! It is infuriating!! For the past two weeks, there have been several coupons that I can't get to print on Firefox or Internet Explorer. I don't know what to do…

• I had this problem for several weeks and if finally cleared up about 2 weeks ago. Apparently Java was having a lot of problems. It's not you,it's them! All I can suggest is to notify them of the problem and maybe that will get thier attention. I notified the companies whose coupons I was trying to print about the situation, hoping they would put some pressure on for a fix.

37. I was told when the store instantly takes off and brings it under $25. it won't double, a new policy .

38. I don't buy meat on a regular basis so I'm not familiar with what is a good price. I've noticed some comments of "this is a good price" but I don't see any of those types of comments this week for the Saturday sale. Can I assume these are not good prices?

• I think the ground beef and pork loin are good prices. I don't think we've seen salmon for much cheaper than $5/lb either, but I don't buy it much. The leg price seems good, but I never buy them because they are such a pain to work with. I'm not sure about the other cuts. HTH

39. Still hoping we see another UNLIMITED double coupons before Easter…..anyone hear any rumors?

40. Add me to the did not double list. Still a good deal but if I knew they wouldn't double I would have added two things to the order and doubled coupons on those.

41. Sandra T says:

Jolly Time Popcorn (3-4 pk.) $1.75

$1/1 Jolly Time Healthy Pop Microwave Popcorn printable

not avail it only prints $1/2 & it doesnt show that but thats what i got Bummer as its not worth it to me on 2

42. Intchina says:

It was available again yesterday and today

43. Intchina says:

Gilette/venus is on sale buy razor (non-disposable) and cartridge get 5 off next purchase. My pns stores have had the venus proskin (?) razors on sale for the past 3 weeks for 50% off for 5.49 and cartridges at 50% off for 7.99, there is also a coupon for 5 off razor and cartridge in 3/3 p&g. So, total 13.49-5 coupon-5 off future purchase=3.49 plus tax for razor and cartridge (retail of about 25 dollars).

44. Intchina says:

Btw, PNS in Milwaukee still has no coupon book out, but there was a 48 hour sale flyer in Wednesday paper with butter, johnsonville italian sausage, eggs, cheese and many more coupons.

45. Kristin says:

48 Hour sale (ends today) at Copp's has Hershey bar 6 packs 2/$4.29 (basically BOGO) and I just found out there is a $1/2 printable Smart Source coupon here: http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smartsource/index

46. Kristen says:

I agree with the problem about JAVA and Smart Source. I am so sick of that coupon source. I also have trouble with Fast Fixin chicken. I type in the required info and a message says something about site requirement?? I admit I am tech challenged but GEEZ!

• Intchina says:

Same happened to me with the fast chicken Coupon on their website, and the package I got at the store today with another coupon expired in 8/12!?! 7 months ago… Saw that after my sons ate some of the chicken already! I hope they do not get sick…

As to smartsource in general, this is the least user friendly system out there. Plus, they mostly do not scan, or if they do, they do not double, in my experience. It always causes issues, and cashiers have a dozen odd explanations for why it happens and why they can't do anything about it.

47. Jill Pearson says:

could it be a typo?

1. [...] See the full list of deals at Rainbow Foods/Pick ‘N Save/Copps this week here. [...]