Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save Shopping List 3/17 – 3/23/13

If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read Roundy’s (Rainbow Foods, Copps, and Pick N Save’s) coupon policy before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

If you shop at Copps and your ad doesn’t match the items mentioned in this shopping list, then check out what we saw for sales last week.

Two things to remember about this list of deals. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, it is a starting list: as we learn of more deals whose final price is low enough, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

About Carrie Rocha

I am passionate about helping people live within their means so they can get out and stay out of debt. I live in Minneapolis, MN with my husband and two little girls.

Comments

1. I didn't get a rainbow flyer in my Hudson, WI sunday papers I get the star tribune & pioneer press? Any idea why?

• I also didn't get the Rainbow flyer here in Champlin. I get the Star Tribune also. Son is stopping to pick up another paper for me hopefully it's in there. You can see the ad at their web site but you can't print their coupons.

2. Thanks for the quick list.

3. Has anyone confirmed whether the Johnsonville Premium products are included in the coupon book Johnsonville Smoked Cooked Links or Rope Sausage (13.5-14 oz.) $2.50 offer?

4. I didn't get the flyer in Forest Lake home delivered Star Tribune.

5. Thanks for this weeks list.

6. I did'nt get the weekly flyer in the Sunday paper-does anyone know if next Saturday is Double Days or Double Double days?

7. In this weeks in store ad Maruchan Yakisoba is $0.79 and Trident or Dentyne.gum is $1.00 so those are free with the coupons listed here.

8. I have the Sunday paper delivered and I didn't receive a Rainbow ad then went to Cub in Mtka and bought a paper, no ad in there either. Can I call the Trib and have them bring one out. That is the reason I ordered the paper, so I could get all the ads.

9. I just called our local PNS. The Scooby Doo and Cinnamon Jacks are not part of the $9 off sale, unfortunately. The are on sale for $2.50 though, he said.

10. Jennifer says:

Kikkoman Stir Fry Seasoning Packets $0.89-$0.99 (regular price)

Kikkoman Sauces $1.99-$2.99 (regular price)

$1/1 Kikkoman Product printable

$1/1 Kikkoman Product printable

$1/1 Kikkoman Product printable

Final price: As low as free after coupon

I don't see any Kikkoman coupon on the 1st printable.

11. Jennifer says:

I got the ad from my Sunday star Tribune. Usually I get them on the Saturday paper. Not this time.

12. AsUntoTheLord says:

No word on a DDDaze I assume. Bummer. Hopefully soon! :-)

13. Bakers Joy Baking Spray is advertised for $1.99 in the ad I picked up at Rainbow.

14. I don't think your Crystal Light matchup is "kosher"

Crystal Light (7-10 ct. or Makes 8 qt.) $2.00

$1/1 Crystal Light Liquid Drink Mix from 3/10 Smart Source insert

Final price: Free after doubled coupon

Pick N Save does not have the "liquids" included in the $2.00 sale… the Liquids are $3.99… Sorry! However to go with the $2.00 items some many have a $1.00 ibotta task to redeem :)

15. Just wondering if some of you do multiple transactions at Rainbow in order to maximize their limit of 5 manufacturer doubled coupons. I really want to be as saavy as those shoppers on Extreme Couponing and haven't quite figured it out yet. Ideas?

• I wouldn't pay much heed to those shoppers-many of those stores bent their rules specifically for the show. Things like unlimited number of coupons doubled and unlimited number of like coupons. Getting down to zero when you have do spend a minimum of $25 is almost impossible to do. If you get to saving half of your grocery bills on an average, you would be doing great and just enjoy the savings you are getting.

• Yes Dawn you can do mulitple transactions. Roundy's allows 7 per card per day. After 7 you will not get the Fuel Perks, Ham Perks, etc. Each transaction must be to $25 based on sale prices and in ad coupon prices then your coupons come off. While you can double just 5, you can use as many as you'd like. I like to use higher value coupons (like the Bic disposable deal or diapers) as fillers to help get my total to $25! Good Luck!

• Thank you for the information, it helps! Anne, when you say that you can use as many as you like…are you saying that you can have a store coupon with as many retail coupons you can find for that one item? Please clarify. Grocery shopping has certainly been more fun lately trying to navigate the best deal(s) I can find!

16. I do multiple transactions~but try to only do 2 at a time so as not to hold up other shoppers. The clerks don't mind, and I just run out my cart of things to the car, and come back to do another 2 lists worth of items. : )

• Good point, Anne. If you have any coupons for free items, save them for your Rainbow shopping. These help you reach the $25.00 total. However, they CANNOT be internet printed – Rainbow does not accept these for free items. (These need to be ones which are in Sunday paper, ALL YOU Magazine, sent to you in the mail, etc.)

17. I do muliple transaction BUT only when there are good deals on non-coupon items like meat, veggies, fruit, etc. – which I need. If these – plus the five items I am buying with my coupons bring me up to the $25.00 requirement, then I will do a 2nd or third transaction.

I agree with Sarah re. "Extreme Couponing" – - – since Rainbow only doubles five coupons, we can never expect to get close to those people on that show. As Sarah said, just enjoy the money you do save and I always thank a manager when I see one – for the double coupon days.

18. Jennifer says:

I was told on Saturday that they only allow 2 transactions in a row, but then I could go out to my car and come back in and do more. I am not sure how any total they will allow per day though. They cashier just mentioned that to me since I was doing 3 transactions at one time and informed me the other customers sometimes don't like it when they do more than 2 at a time.

• Yes two in a row, but 7 per day. Our local store will let us do more than 2 before 8 am :)

• I agree that while most of the Extreme Couponing episodes are unrealistic I have gotten my total close to zero. I was actually filmed for the show, due to time my portion was not aired. Before taping I wanted to clarify the 25.00, was it on sale price or shelf price, the manager of my local Rainbow read the "rules" as the 25.00 being on shelf price. And yes I do more than 1 transaction on double days.

19. I couldn't find the coupon on the website listed for the following deal:

Fresh Express Premium Romaine Blend Salads $1.50

$0.55/1 Fresh Express Packaged Salad from 3/10 Smart Source insert

$1/1 Fresh Express Blend or Kit Salad printable (states “available at Hannaford stores”)

Final price: As low as free after doubled coupon

20. Jill Pearson says:

nice

21. I’ve been thinking about Rainbow alot lately. Obviously they are not making much money or theywouldn’t be closing stores. I wonder if they make alot on Weds. & Sat. when you can dbl. 5 coupons per transaction. If they do then I wish they would have that everyday. Since they closed the Forest Lake store I have not been to Rainbow. With the price of gas I could go there when I’m doing other errands ( not always on weds. or Sat.). I cannot bring myself to spend approx. $8 for gas just to go to Rainbow unless it’s a dbl dbl or unlimited day. I’m sure other people will face this when they’re store closes.

• I know what you are saying my rainbow on Rockford Rd. in Plymouth is closing in less than 90 days, not sure what I'm going to do also. Kohls is going in there, why they need another Kohls in that area I don't get. Maple Grove isn't that far from there or St. Louis Park the other way. I noticed last time I was there alot of bulky items like toliet paper and etc. was marked half off. So I'm wondering if the stock will not be good from now on til they close.

• Based on what happened in Forest Lake they will not be stocking the shelves in about a month. They started taking the shelves out as they were emptied just before xmas and they closed the first week in Jan. But I didn't shop there for at least a month before that. It looked very bare and didn't have any of the deals on the shopping list.

• not happy with this closing one next to target in plymouth I guess you are going to lose customers , they said they lost the lease to kohls and don't forget robinsdale is closing in april seems to me they remove rainbow from lot of people who will now have cub as a store to shop.

• Sally, I feel your pain. With Walmart matching prices, it's less and less of a 'need' to go to Rainbow. It will have to be a double double or unlimited double with lots of good values. Otherwise, my cupboards are pretty well stocked. I was down in Oakdale today so I stopped at Aldi in Mahtomedi. Maybe it makes sense for me now to just leverage reasonable prices and not have to spend so much time clipping coupons etc. Maybe that will change when/if my cupboards start to go bare. But I agree on the cost of the trip to Rainbow. I figure at least $7 round trip and about 40 – 50 min of my time RT. Shopping local will save me time and gas.

22.  Wholly Guacamole Salsa $1.99-$2.99 (regular price)

$1/1 Wholly Salsa printable$

1/1 Wholly Guacamole, Wholly Salsa or Wholly Queso printable

$1/1 Wholly Salsa printableF

inal price: As low as free after doubled coupon

There is $1/1 Wholly Guacamole product inn the 3/17 Smart Source to add to this deal.

23. What zip code are you in Julie?

24. Hi Carrie,

I meant to tell you that your favorite (and mine too!) Starburst Jelly Beans are on cutback still for $1.50/bag at Rainbow. Including the Favorite Reds as well at my store (Maple Grove). I was able to use a $1.00/2 bags coupon last week that was doubled so they were .50/bag – which is a great deal on the best jelly beans ever. The coupon was from the 3/10 newspaper insert – SS I think?

Check it out if you haven't already. :)

25. Wouldn't the $1/2 Ore-Ida Frozen Potato Products from 3/17 Smart Source insert work on the Ore-Ida frozen easy fries boxes that cost $1.09? So $.09 a box after doubled coupon.

26. I saw on Wisconsin coupon clippers Facebook page that there are two coming up soon. On March 30 and April 6.

27. rochelle says:

Double Double Days….. March 30th and April 6th….so excited!!!!!

28. this may be because this ad hasn't started yet for PNS shoppers….. it won't start until Thursday.

29. Does anyone know if you can buy 6 boxes of Kellogg's cereal, get the $9 off, then use the coupons for Kellogg's cereal from the Rainbow coupon book, and then do manufacturers coupons? I am not sure if that will work and am trying to plot out my transactions for tomorrow.

• It won't work unfortunately :( The ones in the $9 off deal are the larger sized boxes of cereal, but the coupons in the coupon book are for the smaller sized boxes.

30. Leslie DuBay says:

The General Mills $9 off and free milk deal isn't listed in my Rainbow flyer, just the Kellogg's deal. Just curious if this is actually happening.

Thanks!

Leslie

• Leslie I see the GM deal on the top row of page 6 of the online Rainbow flyer (its the page that has Grocery on the top, the "Slam-Dunk" Unilever deal in the middle, and the Frozen and Natural & Organic on the bottom.)

31. The $1/1 T.G.I. Friday coupon doesn't match up to the sizes that are on sale.

32. I'm not finding this deal in the ad. Can you please tell me where it is? Or is this based on the regular price of them?

Stride, Trident or Dentyne Single Pack Gum (14-16 ct.) $1.00

33. Christina says:

Is the Jennie-O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Roll printable gone already? I wasn't able to find it on coupons.com.

34. Rainbow has a limit of 7 transactions. I have multiple Roundy's cards. One in my name, and one in my husbands. My mother gave me the little key card that matches her Roundy's card. If I have a number of coupons for the same item. I can spread them over multiple cards and transactions. For example I have 15 coupons for $1 off toothpaste. I can use 5 coupons with each card. Rainbow has a limit of 5 of the same coupon per day, per customer (card).

35. there's a better deal on Annie’s Homegrown Organic Fruit Snacks at Target. I spotted them for $2.99 tonight (Quarry location, NE Mpls). With the printable, final price is $2.24.

36. I go early and do about 5 transaction, but when its a double double day or no limit day I have about 15. On those days I go at 6am when my store opens so not to bother other shoppers. Its not the savings you see on the show but you can save 80%-90% on those days.

37. No – you can only use one manufacturers coupons per item. But you can use more than the 5 coupons you are allowed to double… Double your best 5 coupons (preferably the $1/1) but certainly use other coupons to keep helping your bottom line… Higher value coupons like $3/1 or Free item coupons are great to bring your our of pocket down and keep those savings high! Good luck!

38. This morning I headed out to rainbow I didn't do a good job reading fine prints on the ads like the kellog's cereals for sizes and that fell thru, then 3 coupons that expired on the 17th didn't go thru even though it always has in the past (as long as it's date is within the week) and then I only received 1 milk coupon back Because ,again, I got the wrong size gm cereals .Flustered at only myself I walked out of rainbow just in time for a gust of wind to take my remaining coupons and receipt with my one free milk coupon and scattered them thru the parking lot never to be seen again ending my trip back in for the stouffer's lasagne and tonight's dinner.I'm sure I'll laugh later,much later. Have a happy first day of spring!!!

39. The cheapest of the Kelloggs cereal that would work with the deal are $3.75 a box. With the stingy Qs that Kelloggs puts out, I had to pass on it-bummer really.

40. I went to Rainbow today. The Lloyds shredded meat run $5.49.

41. I'm a bit confused about the Tyson any-tizer deal. So, I'm able to use the $5.99 in-store ad with $1 coupon in the flyer along with a manufacture coupon as well? Is this allowed?

Or is this call like… well double dipping? Triple dipping, perhaps? lol.

I'm new so I don't know if I'm able to do this or not yet. I appreciate any input. Thanks.

• This particular ad was confusing. Since there was nothing in it that I really needed, I didn't even go through it very carefully. The $1 coupon inside is a manufacturer's coupon — look at the teeny print in the box on the top. That is what counts. Even though it also has a Rainbow logo on it, you could even use it in another store. So yes you can stack these two coupons at Rainbow. They even show it below the store coupon on the front page. Seems a little silly to make it that confusing, but I guess they want us to search through everything in the flyer.

42. News to me, but I'm not surprised. There are 3 Rainbows and two cubs in Plymouth (with that one sort of in the middle of them…and nextdoor to super Target), plus a Walmart supposedly coming to Rockford Rd & 169. They are probably smart to bail out now. : (

43. For anyone with a Pic N Save that does ibotta they just added a Starburst offer to their app for $0.75! Lucky you guys!

Speaking of ibotta. Is there anyway the Copp's and Rainbow shoppers here that want ibotta could ban together and contact Roundy's to get ibotta in our stores? I think if a BUNCH of us contact them it might help! I could try to find out the best person get in touch with. I want ibotta so bad at Copp's.

44. woops I meant to say Starburst Jelly Beans!

45. I found the smart source spreadable's in the oval shape container were $1.50, making them free with the one dollar mc at the Midway store.

46. Some other deals I noticed today;

Campbell's Soup To Go $2.50 Cut Back thru 5/5

There is $1/1 on coupons.com

College Inn Broth Cut Back thru 4/7 for $2.43

$1/1 on coupons.com

Jennie-O Turkey Bacon $2.99 regular price

$1/1 on coupons.com

French Dijon Mustard $2.79 regular price

$1/1 in 3/10 Smart Source

47. For: Johnsonville Smoked Cooked Links or Rope Sausage (13.5-14 oz.) $2.50 (Limit 4)

Use in-ad Roundy’s coupon

Plus, use:

$1/1 Johnsonville Premium Cooking Sausage Package from 2/10 Smart Source insert (coupon says “Do Not Double”)

$0.75/1 Johnsonville Smoked or Cooked Sausage Package from March All You magazine (coupon says “Do Not Double”)

There is also a .75/1 (expires 6/01/13) in March issue of Family Circle magazine page 127 :)

48. There is a Kraft Fresh Take $1/1 coupon (expires 7/31/13) in APRIL Family Circle magazine, page 179.

49. $1/1 French’s Dijon or Honey Dijon Mustard from 3/10 Smart Source insert (we did not receive this coupon in Minneapolis) (exp 6/10)

I got this coupon in my Star Tribune insert.

50. mackenzie says:

udi's 3/1 are gone

51. mackenzie says:

on the Buy $20+ of Participating Products With Your Roundy’s Card, Get $5 Off Instantly is the $20 the original price or the sale price.

52. Question for you experts.

If I have a product that I want to use a coupon for that doesn't need to double, how many coupons can I use in a single transaction?

• If I understand your question correctly, the answer would be "as many as you want to" unless the language of the coupon limits the number of coupons you can use in one transaction. The coupon will limit you to one coupon per purchase, but it has been awhile since I have seen any limitation on the number of products you can purchase along with coupons.

• So if the item is on sale for .99 and the coupon is for a dollar I could use like 30 coupons at once?

• roundy's policy is to only use 5 like coupons per household per day. so no.

• I'm not sure that applies when it's not doubling. Maybe Carrie can answer that. I am pretty sure I have used more than 5 of the same coupons when they didn't double.

There is also the issue of coupon ediquette. If I had 30 coupons to use for one product and that would leave little or nothing on the shelf, I would not use all the coupons. It's not really fair to other shoppers some of whom will probably also have that coupon. I have on such occassions waited a week to use them up or gone to another location to use some of them.

53. I don't live there, but I will be visting Madison on Sat, April 7th. Anyone here live in Madison & know whether or not your Copps there will be having Double DOUBLE Daze on 4/7/13?

54. Scat – Thank you for that! Occasionally I'll look for something from my shopping list on the shelf, only to see another customer walk away with a cartload of about 20+ of those coupon items. I know it's fair game, but sheesh. I appreciate people like you and others who are considerate to take only what you need or want to reasonably stock up on, while saving some for others. :)

55. did anyone actually get an email with a coupon for the Marie's registration?

56. I moved to Mound, no cheap grocery choices out here LOL.

I bet they had this closing in mind when they opened the Rainbow in St Louis Park. I hope they open something out this way. Jubilee doubles up to .50 coupons everyday so I do a little coupon matching each week. If anyone's interested, let me know. Their prices aren't very good, but there are a few good deals to be had.

I'd shop Rainbow more often if they doubled everyday. And, I make that special trip for double double days.

57. There is a $1.00 off 2 merkts spread in the 1/27 smart source exp 4/30.

58. According to another couponing page there will be on Saturday, April 6th.

59. Smart Balance spreadable butter (oval tubs and sticks) are on cut back for $1.50 through 5/5.

60. I actually shop at Copp's, but the rules are similar. I usually do 2-3 transactions every time. It really depends on your budget. My weekly budget ranges from $50 to $100 a week. Today I will probably do 2 transactions and keep the final total under $50 and use 10 coupons total.

Don't forget that after the 5 coupons that will double, you can also use high value coupons that won't double – anything over the $1 value. Like I have some $2 coupons that give $2 off Kraft Parmesan when you buy 4 cans of Hunt's tomatoes. That would mean up to $7 added for my $25 total needed. Plus, any produce, meat or dairy that don't have coupons but are a good deal can act as "fillers" to bring up that total to $25, too. each of my transactions are usually no more than $15 after sale prices and coupons.

From my understanding, ALL Roundy's store policies say it is $25 after the sale price and store coupons come off NOT the shelf price, but in practice, having it be $25 by adding up the regular shelf price often still works. This is definitely hit and miss and varies by store. So, I just assume the coupons won't double if my total after sale and store coupons isn't $25. This is where a spread sheet that automatically totals the before and after columns comes in handy!

If it gets busy when I get the the registers, I often the MOD to check me out in a closed lane (they usually have one available just in case) because I have more than 2 transactions. They are usually happy to do it to keep things moving smoothly. (It pays to be nice to the staff and managers and to always have your transactions organized separately and well!)

1. [...] See the full list of deals at Rainbow Foods/Pick ‘N Save/Copps this week here. [...]