How would you like to earn rewards for doing what many of us do regularly or do at least one time or another – shopping, dining out or traveling? Plink.com allows you to do just that. Plus, for a limited time you’ll get a $5 gift card to Amazon, Home Depot, Walmart, or another retailer when you join.
What is Plink?
Plink is a rewards program that allows you to earn Plink Points and other online rewards for shopping offline, eating out at restaurants, traveling or purchasing gift cards for select companies. You can currently earn points for purchases at Burger King, Arby’s, Outback Steakhouse, Red Robin, Taco Bell and Gap, to name a few.
The number of points you earn depends on how much many you spend at a particular place. In turn, you can redeem the Plink Points you earn for free gift cards to popular retailers, including Amazon, iTunes, Home Depot, American Eagle, and more.
How Plink.com Works
Plink, which I imagine is the wave of future, is pretty simple to use once you set up an account. Here’s how it works:
- Create a free Plink.com account.
- Select the name of the bank or financial institution your credit or debit card is with.
- Enter your username and password for your banking or financial institution.
- Select the account you want to earn Plink Points with (Plink recommends using the card you use most often since you can currently only register one card at a time).
- Once your account is successfully linked, select where you want to shop or dine of the available retailers or restaurants. Plink will then activate the offers you selected to your credit or debit card.
- When you want to take advantage of your activated offers, simply pay with the credit or debit card you registered with Plink.com. Plink will automatically give you your points once it confirms those transactions via your bank account transaction history.
You can also earn points by purchasing gift cards via Plink.com. The minimum dollar amount required for a gift card purchase is only $10 and you earn a certain number of points (it varies by retailer) for every $10 you spend. Some of my favorite retailers you can currently purchase gift cards for include CVS, Lowe’s, Starbucks, Bath & Body Works, JCPenney and Sears.
You can also earn Plink Points for travel expenses, including hotel reservations, airline tickets and car rentals at participating hotels, airlines or car rental companies.
Is it Secure?
Many of you are more than likely hesitant to provide your banking or financial institution information in order to use this service. Plink.com uses a bank-level encryption to secure your login information and is a read-only service, which means Plink cannot charge any fees to your account or gain access to your debit or credit card. It can only scan your transactional data to track your purchases so it can award you for making purchases.
Your turn: Have you used Plink.com or a similar service to earn rewards for making purchases offline? What rewards in Plink.com’s catalog appeal to you the most?