*UPDATED* Plink.com: Earn Rewards for Your Everyday Purchases + Free $5 Gift Card for Signing Up

**Update: Sign up for Plink and make a $10 purchase at Taco Bell by Sunday, 4/7 and you’ll get 1000 Plink Points – enough to redeem for a $10 gift card!

How would you like to earn rewards for doing what many of us do regularly or do at least one time or another – shopping, dining out or traveling? Plink.com allows you to do just that. Plus, for a limited time you’ll get a $5 gift card to Amazon, Home Depot, Walmart, or another retailer when you join.

What is Plink?

Plink is a rewards program that allows you to earn Plink Points and other online rewards for shopping offline, eating out at restaurants, traveling or purchasing gift cards for select companies. You can currently earn points for purchases at Burger King, Arby’s, Outback Steakhouse, Red Robin, Taco Bell and Gap, to name a few.

The number of points you earn depends on how much many you spend at a particular place. In turn, you can redeem the Plink Points you earn for free gift cards to popular retailers, including Amazon, iTunes, Home Depot, American Eagle, and more.

Plink.com brands

How Plink.com Works

Plink, which I imagine is the wave of future, is pretty simple to use once you set up an account. Here’s how it works:

1. Create a free Plink.com account.
  2. Select the name of the bank or financial institution your credit or debit card is with.
  3. Enter your username and password for your banking or financial institution.
  4. Select the account you want to earn Plink Points with (Plink recommends using the card you use most often since you can currently only register one card at a time).
  5. Once your account is successfully linked, select where you want to shop or dine of the available retailers or restaurants. Plink will then activate the offers you selected to your credit or debit card.
  6. When you want to take advantage of your activated offers, simply pay with the credit or debit card you registered with Plink.com. Plink will automatically give you your points once it confirms those transactions via your bank account transaction history.

Regarding the free $5 gift card, you’ll get 500 free points (worth $5) in your account within 5 minutes of signing up through this link.

Plink.com rewards

Earning Points

You can also earn points by purchasing gift cards via Plink.com. The minimum dollar amount required for a gift card purchase is only $10 and you earn a certain number of points (it varies by retailer) for every $10 you spend. Some of my favorite retailers you can currently purchase gift cards for include CVS, Lowe’s, Starbucks, Bath & Body Works, JCPenney and Sears.

You can also earn Plink Points for travel expenses, including hotel reservations, airline tickets and car rentals at participating hotels, airlines or car rental companies.

Is it Secure?

Many of you are more than likely hesitant to provide your banking or financial institution information in order to use this service. Plink.com uses a bank-level encryption to secure your login information and is a read-only service, which means Plink cannot charge any fees to your account or gain access to your debit or credit card. It can only scan your transactional data to track your purchases so it can award you for making purchases.

Your turn: Have you used Plink.com or a similar service to earn rewards for making purchases offline? What rewards in Plink.com’s catalog appeal to you the most?

Comments

1. Angela says

So dissapointed, we have Wells Fargo and at this time, it isn't supportive of Plink! So we can't sign up…:(

2. Katey says

Angela: I use WF too and have earned Plink points using my card. I signed up a few months ago though — perhaps it has changed? I don't go to Plink restaurants often but my latest BK purchase (2 wks ago) earned me Plink points.

3. JLA says

I can't understand why they would need your bank account login and password for this program to work. I've used similar programs like Delta's Dining for Miles that will credit you for each dollar spent at participating restaurants and all I had to do was register the credit card; I did NOT have to give access to my bank account. That doesn't sit well with me.

4. Tracy says

Hi Carrie, I signed up for Plink per your instructions and received the free 500 points, thank you! However, we went to Taco Bell a few days ago and only 150 points showed up in my account vs. the 1000 stated in this post. Did I do something wrong? I would still like to take advantage prior to Sunday. We spent $15 at Taco Bell and I had Taco Bell in my "wallet" section. Thanks for your assistance!

5. Tracy says

I sent a post earlier but now don't see it so I am not sure if it went through. I went to Taco Bell and they only gave me 150 point credit not the 1000 as mentioned in this post. can you help? Thanks so much!

6. Sandi says

Hi, Tracy! I did a Google search on the deal, and it seems like every budgeting website is talking about this! On the first one I found, it stated that "Bonus 1,000 Plink Points will be awarded on Thursday, 4/11." I have an email out to Plink, but I suspect we just need to wait. :(

7. Sandi says

Here is what the customer rep at Plink said:

If you go back and look at the offer, you'll see that you just need to click the link and register our bank/credit account with Plink and add Taco Bell to your wallet, then go make the purchase the Taco Bell purchase by the 7th. The 1000 bonus points will be added on the 11th. We have to wait until the whole promotion is over before we give out the bonus points.

If I buy groceries at WalMart with my registered card, do I earn points for the total or just certain items? Then can I turn around and receive points in cash or another WalMart card? Just guess I don't understand yet.

Tracy – You only earn points for purchases at specific locations (as far as I know, Walmart is not one of them). You can then redeem these points for a Walmart gift card or another gift card.

Buying groceries at Walmart will not earn you any points right now.

Denise – They don’t send you an actual gift card; your account is credited with enough points to redeem for a gift card. You yourself go in and choose which gift card you like and then tell them where to send it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.