Cub Foods Shopping List 2/24 – 3/2/13

As of April 15, Cub Foods changed their coupon policy. You can read Cub Foods’ new coupon policy, but the most notable change is that they only accept expired coupons up to 30 days past their expiration date.

Remember that this is a starting list of deals for the week. As readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store or we get emails with deal ideas, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Your turn: What other deals did you spot this week?

Comments

1. Lisa says

The General Mills cereal, etc deal is listed incorrectly. In order to get the $5 off your next trip, you need to purchase 5 boxes.

2. mnq says

Just FYI:

I havent been to Cub for over three months (been shopping at Rainbow). Anyway I thought Cub had some good deals on the BOGO last week so I went to two different Cubs and both stores refused to accept coupons for the BOGO items. I even spoke with the manager of the store, and they all said it's fraudulent to accept coupons for BOGO promotions. The funny thing was, I contacted Cub's facebook page, and I got emails from headquarter saying that they do accept two coupons for BOGO deals. Something is amist.

• Mary says

I had the same issue with the Gold n' Plump chicken coupons. I asked if this was a new store policy and she said it has always been the policy. She stated that since I was getting something for free that I shouldn't be able to use coupons with that product.

• JoAnna says

mnq–

Good idea to contact Cub via their website and Facebook to get confirmation that they do accept coupons with bogo deals (I have always used 2 mq with a store bogo deal). Did you show the cashiers and managers the proof you had and they still refused the coupons?

3. Alison says

The Arctic Shores coupon is for 1.50/1lb (not 2.00/2lbs). This would work great when combined with the 16oz bag that's on sale for 6.99 (minus 1.50 equals 5.49)

• JoAnna says

That's good to know. That coupon was included in their sneak peek Saturday email and stated that it was for $1.50 off 2 lbs. or more.

4. Toni says

Went to Cub today and bought the freezer. I was able to use my cool rewards of 15% off and 5 off of 50. I paid $139.49 plus $9.93 in tax for a total of $149.42. I was given the booklet for $170 worth of coupons. There are 48 coupons and only 9 are manufacturer coupons , the rest are Cub store coupons. Well worth it since we were looking for a small freezer for our cabin : )

• Toni says

Sheila-

The cool rewards were coupons I received when I shopped at Cub a couple weeks ago. It was a 5 % off coupon for every $50 spent up to 20%off for a future purchase between February 19th to the 26th. The coupon book is the same coupons listed up above in the beginning of the Cub list. So even with out the cool rewards the freezer is a still a great deal : )

• Renee says

I was thinking about getting the freezer myself but I am wondering about the coupons. Are they for free items or coupons to get discounts on certain items.

Thanks

5. Annette says

In my experience, I have been able to use 2 coupons in BOGO deals that you have to use a store coupon to get the deal, but not in the situations where the BOGO comes up automatically at the register. In those situations, I have only been able to use one.

• Dawn N says

Last night when I went to Cub they didn't allow coupons on bogo items. Who can I call to find out the correct policy to avoid this issue. Was there Sunday & they did allow it so it makes no sense & I haven't been shopping at Cub because of their finicky coupon rules.

• sarah says

I used coupons on the GNP deal last week and for the red gold-one had a store coupon and the other was automatically free. The only thing was the red gold was a $1/2 so not sure if that made a difference or not. I usually just use the self check out because I find that the cashiers helping out there are more aware of the Q policy.

6. Megan H. says

Cub has buy 2 get 1 free BIC razors. Used 1 BOGO coupon plus one $2 dollar coupons (forget wich SS or RP insert they came from). I got 3 packages of soleil bella razors (my fav razor) for $3.99. I have been following you carrie since you had 1,000 ppl on your FB site. You have saved me thousands of dollars! Thank-you.

7. Jill says

I believe this is new because I have always used two coupons on the BOGO offers and it worked just fine. Last week – the register only took off money for one of the coupons – it didn't beep, but subtracted 0.0 from the free item. So I believe they have updated their registers not to subtract coupons values from items that are already free. Too bad…….

8. Naomi says

Renee,

I got the freezer last year, and a lot of the coupons were for free items, but a lot were also for $ off some products. A few were for $5 off some pricey cosmetic that I would never buy, so I didn't really get that much free stuff, but we did need a freezer so it was a good deal.

9. Ronda says

Starbucks Frappuccino (4 pk., 8.5 oz.) or Frappuccino Double Shot (4 pk., 6.5 oz.) 2/$8 (Must Buy 2) There is also a LIMIT of 2 per transaction.