Walgreens Shopping List 1/6 – 1/12/13

If you’re new to Walgreens shopping, then learn how the Balance Rewards Program works. Plus, learn how the Register Rewards program works and learn how to read this shopping list. Don’t forget that some other stores will accept Register Rewards like a manufacturer’s coupon. Also, it’s a good idea to print out Walgreens’ official coupon policy and keep it with you in case an issue comes up at checkout.

This is a starting list of deals for the week and is not a comprehensive list of every sale item and its coupons, but just the best deals (things at prices I’d actually pay). We will update this list as readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store, we get emails with deal ideas or we read about other deals across the blogosphere. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week, we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Walgreens is the one store where an advertised sale like “2/$4” usually requires you to buy two products. The first one rings at full price and the second product will ring at a lesser price to bring the total to $4, using our example. If you ever question whether you need to buy two to receive a sale price, ask the cashier to scan one item for you. If it rings at full price, then you know you need to buy two products. If it rings at the sale price, then you don’t.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week at Walgreens?

Comments

1. Shelly says

Here's my unexpected Walgreens deal today: a package of Crisco sticks for $1.07 and a bottle of Karo corn syrup for around $1.50. They always include some baking things in their Christmas clearance, and these were in that section. 2 things I don't use very often, but when I need them, I'm happy to get that price!

2. Mikey says

Shelly-which Walgreens? Those are items I'd love to stock up on at that price. I think the going rate for Karo syrup even at Aldi is like $2.99/bottle.

• Shelly says

Mikey, I was at the store at Cedar Lake Road and Louisiana (St. Louis Park). But there wasn't a lot of it left. It is in the row with the Christmas clearance. I have found Walgreens always gets rid of their seasonal baking supplies, but don't know if another store would still have more left. Hope you can find some!

3. Phil says

I don't see the Alka Seltzer Plus cold products listed in your 1/6 matchups. $4.99 Sale price plus $2 off coupons in 12/2 RP and 1/6 SS inserts and others. Plus 3000 Balance Rewards when you buy two.

4. Debi - Lino Lakes says

I stopped at Walgreens to pick up the buy one get one half off Aveeno hand lotions. I noticed the prices were $9-10, or over $14 for 2. I had just bought the same hand lotion 2 weeks ago at Walmart for $6.72. So 2 of those would be 13.44 less the $3 off coupon in 1/6 smart source, that brings the cost to 5.22 for each.

5. Carol M says

Keep your eye open for Dial lotion (21-26.25 oz.) regular $6.99 on clearance for $1.99. There is also a coupon for $1.50/1 bottle. I got 6 of them for $.49 each. The larger bottles were already taken out of the system so the person had to manual put them in and the coupons. Make sure if you get the larger ones and they are not ringing up because of them being out of the system and they tell you you won't be able to use a coupon because of it, get a manager. I had to ask my cashier to ask for some help.