Good news for Target shoppers: Target is now matching online prices (at select retailers) in addition to matching local printed ads from competitors.
Here’s the relevant section from their price matching policy:
“If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.”
Noteworthy restrictions (this is not the entire list, but just the ones I thought necessary to highlight:
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
- Limit of one competitor online price match per identical item, per guest.
- Price must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
- Retail price must be shown on the website or print ad. Online prices will be validated by a Target team member.
- Competitor online items must be in stock at the time a price match is requested.
- If item is not available in a Target store, a rain check will not be issued to match the online price or competitor’s print ad.
- Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com or BabiesRUs.com (so Amazon third-party retailers do not count).
- Clearance, closeout, damaged product, refurbished, open package or liquidation sales are also excluded.
How to Price Match
You can match the price before purchasing the product or receive the difference after purchasing the product. In either case, the adjustment will need to be made at Guest Services.
For online prices, you’ll need to show the item on your mobile device or a printout from a qualifying competitor’s website or Target.com, and a Target team member will verify the match using a Target device.
If you’re matching the price after purchase (within 7 days), you’ll need to bring in your original Target store receipt.
Need a quick way to find out if a deal you’re seeing in-store is actually cheaper online? Try Amazon’s Price Check App for iPhone or for Android to quickly find the product you want by scanning the barcode, taking a picture, saying the product name or typing the information.
Your turn: Have you tried matching online prices yet at Target’s Guest Services desk? How will this change the way you shop at Target?
This post contains one or more referral links that may yield commissions for Pocket Your Dollars.com at no cost to you. See Pocket Your Dollars’ disclosure statement for more details.