Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save Shopping List 1/6 – 1/12/13

If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read Roundy’s (Rainbow Foods, Copps, and Pick N Save’s) coupon policy before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

If you shop at Copps or Pick’n Save in southern WI, and your ad doesn’t match the items mentioned in this shopping list, then check out what we saw for sales last week.

Two things to remember about this list of deals. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, it is a starting list: as we learn of more deals whose final price is low enough, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

Comments

1. Josh says

Time sensitive off topic question. How many inserts did people get in their Star Tribune today? My paper was delievered with only 2 red plum inserts and 2 smart source inserts and according to the sunday coupon previews we were supossed to get 3 different smart source inserts. I called customer service at star tribune for a re-delivery but was given the runaround and have a feeling I was lied to by the customer service rep when she told me there was not scheduled to be 3 smart source inserts in today's star tribune.

Did other Star Tribune subscribers get 3 different Smart Source inserts?

• mary says

northeast suburbs here: I got 3 SS and 2 RPs in my home delievered ST. The 3 SS: one has lean cuisine qs on the cover, one says "healthy essentials" johnson&johnson ad, and the other is GM qs. HTH!

2. ellen says

for the buy $20 get $6 and buy 10 get $5 instantly

i am wondering if i buy 20 progresso soup would i get $6 and deduct 2 $5 instantly ?

3. melissa says

Wouldn't the Quaker oatmeal be .99 each? The !.99 price already has the .50 taken off

***Deal idea***

Buy 6 Quaker items for $1.99 each

Use three $1/2 Quaker Products from January All You magazine or $1/2 Quaker Products printable

Spend $5.94, get $3 off instantly

Final price: $0.49 each after doubled coupons and instant savings

4. carol says

I received a catalina notice in the RB coupon machine regarding purchasing Crystal Light (canister or 10 ct On the Go) between 1/4/13 &1/31/13:

Buy 3, get $1.50 q off a future order

Buy 4, get $2.50,

Buy 5 or more get $5 q off a future order.

5. Jenny says

Nivea deal: Buy 6 Nivea lip care at 2.00 each use 3 (three) 3.00/2 coupons from SS 1/6 final price free after coupons and 3.00 off future purchases.

6. sarah says

I was looking through the inserts and saw that most now have the new barcode. Makes it a little hard to figure out if the item will double or not.

7. Erin says

Every week when I shop I always have either two or three transactions so that I can use as many coupons as possible. I do my homework and make sure that each transaction is $25 before coupons but at times, I have been able to get my transactions final total to under $5.00. I just read the coupon policy and it states that the transaction must be $25 after coupons? Am I reading this wrong? I have never once had a cashier say anything to me about my final totals being under $25. Can someone explain this policy to me?

• Erin says

Nevermind. I just re-read the policy and realized that it needs to be $25 after IN-STORE Rainbow coupons. That makes sense.

8. Tina says

Just a note:

Nesquik Powdered Chocolate Milk Pouches $1.00 (regular price)

$0.50/1 Nestle Nesquik Powder from 11/4 Red Plum insert (exp 1/8)

Final price: Free after doubled coupon

1/8 is Tuesday. So since it doesn't go thru Wednesday, it can't be doubled.

Too bad. It sounds yummy.

• Drew says

I've rarely had a problem using a coupon in the same week that it expires.

The stores have several months after the expiration date to redeem them, so its not like you are cheating them.

• Jennifer says

On last Saturday, I was asking if I could use the $10 rr I got from a mastercard gift card deal (that expires on 1/1) and that was within a week and they wouldn't talk it. Luckily I tried it at Cub foods and they took it.

9. Sue says

Hormel Compleats $2.39-$2.59 (regular price)

$1/1 Hormel Compleats Microwave Meal from 11/11 Smart Source insert (exp 1/7)

$1/1 Hormel Compleats printable

Final price: As low as $0.39 after doubled coupon

The printable is no longer available

10. Jennifer says

I understand the new coupon policy of limit 5 manufacturers like coupons per day….but can you still go through the line and double coupons on up 5-7 purchases on your card a day (on double daze)? Also, any rumors of more unlimited double coupon days! I loved that deal, as my husband and I do travel an hour to take advantage of double couponing….particularly on double-double daze and unlimited. Not trying to cheat the system…just take advantage of getting the best deal on the items we use.

• Sue says

Yes you can still go through the line several times.

Still just a rumor that January 26th is unlimited double coupons. Let's hope it gets confirmed!

11. Torian says

My pick n save circular says that they run from 1/3-1/9… Does that change some of the products on sale for my area? Some of the money off a future purchase deals are not listed, and things like the k-cups I didn't see when I shopped Saturday… Are they just hidden deals that they don't list?thanks for any input!

• Sarah S says

Now that the holidays are over, Pick n Save is probably back to ads that run Thursday through Wednesday. Rainbow's ad runs Sunday through Saturday, so the current Rainbow deals won't start at PNS until this Thursday (at least that's the way it's been in the past).

• Torian says

So then do the ads eventually line up, or will I always be waiting until thurs to get matchups from this site? I'm realitively new to this, as I'm sure you can tell…

• Jessica says

PNS is behind Rainbow with their sales. So these match-ups that are posted here are valid for Rainbow from 1/5-1/12. They won't be valid at PNS until 1/10 and then through 1/16. It gives up PNS shoppers a bit extra time to get organized.

Be aware though, that PNS and Rainbow ads sometimes don't always match-up (I find this most often in regards to produce deals).

For the Spend $20+ on Participating Products, Save $6 on a Future Visit deal, is the $20 calculated before the Roundy's card it applied? For example, on the Progresso deal, the regular price is 2.43, and the sale price is $1.49 (with the card). Curious if I need to buy 9 or 14 to get the $6 cat to print.

Thanks much!

• Sue says

Not sure how it will work with the Progresso though since 10 of them will be $0.99 with the Buy 10 Participating Products, Save $5 Instantly promotion. You may need to buy 17.

• kml says

the Spend$20+ in the past has been after mfg coupons probably after the $5 savings too. There is an "unlimited" posted at the Prior Lake/Savage store coming up later in Jan.

13. Holly says

Did anyone try using more then one of the Johnson's baby product coupon in one transaction? Coupon states limit one coupon per person and limit 4 total coupons per transaction? I would think it would be limit 4 total per transaction however the limit one per person is a little confusing.

14. T says

How does Buy 10 Participating Products, Save $5 Instantly work if my coupons will take total for the 10 products to be less than $5 but ill have other items in the order?

• Sue says

It depends how the $5 is taken of at the register. If it takes $0.50 off of each item then your coupon will not double for more than that amount.

Is your calculation doubling just 5 coupons?

15. sandraT says

wondering what deal ideas People have for Double coupon days & how Low you estimated your deal might be.. trying to get some ideas for 25.00- to get it really low & if this is possible

16. Nancy says

Question about the progresso deal: If I buy 17 progresso it equals to $20.33 before the instant $5 off and manf. Coupons, when the instant $5 is taken off the $20.33 do I still get the $6 catalina or no because it is no longer above $20.???? Thank you in advance.

17. Cheryl says

At Apple Valley Rainbow today I didn't automatically get the $3 off for buying 6 Quaker products, since I purchased Raisin and not Chocolate Chip cookies as stated in the ad. However, they don't carry Chocolate Chip at all, just Chocolate Chip Almond. So they agreed to substitute any of the 4 flavors that they do carry.

• DawnB says

I just called Rainbow food in robbinsdale and she told me that they are having unlimited double coupon daze on January 26th.. YEAH!!!

• Jill Pearson says

weired i used 6 total today of the ice cream coupons. Must be who ever enforces it i guess. I'll have to remember that. Thanks!

Holly – Yes, this is a really wonky rule on J&J's coupons. The limit is 1 coupon per person, *but* you can use 4 similar coupons per transaction. So if you had a $1/1 baby powder coupon from an insert and two $1/1 baby powder printable coupons, you could use all 3.

• Kris L says

Worked for me this morning in Maple Grove. Make sure you have all "Rich & Hearty" or it will not work.

-Kris

• Kris L says

I got 16 Pogressos and 1 Clorox. Used 4 Progresso coupons and one Clorox coupon. Had other items in my order (chicken, milk, eggs, bread). $5 was taken off instantly and the $6 coupon printed….which I immediately rolled into my next transaction.

• beth says

Worked for me too.

Bought 14 progresso for 20.86 or something.

Used (3) $1 off coupons and (1) 50 cent off. All doubled to get $7 off.

Got $5 off for "stock up sale"

Received $6 off your next order.

So… 14 soups for $2 or so. Great Deal!!

19. Chelle says

My PNS (Appleton area) ad comes in my Sunday paper and it starts on Sunday and runs through Saturday. So it does get confusing for some PNS shoppers if they come here for deals to match up.

20. Heidi says

stumbled upon deals for two items today: Roundy's organic applesauce (6 pk) for $1.50 and Roundy's organic milk (gallon) for $3.99. Shelf tag for applesauce noted sale price is good until 1/20.

21. Drew says

An expired RR, especially a high dollar amount, sounds more problematic.

Regular old $1 off coupons that expired the same week are usually fine.

• Jennifer says

Today when I went into the Columbia Heights Rainbow, I went to the customer service desk to ask if they would take the $1 off Hormel Compleats that expired 2 days ago. The lady there said no.

22. Drew says

You dont have to wait until Thursday for the ad to match up, just look back at the last weeks post to match up your PNS.

23. Nancy says

Hi. I'm new to spring lake park in MN and relatively new to cub foods and rainbow foods. can someone please give me the pros and cons for those two stores. Thank you.

• Katie says

Welcome to SLP! I live here also. I do rainbow for all food except for produce and most meat ( steaks and hamburger) I will go to cub or bobs produce ranch. I haven't had good luck with either of those things at Rainbow recently.

• Jennifer says

I do most of my food shopping at Rainbow foods since they double your mfr coupons on Wednesday and Saturday. For example, this week's Hormel Compleats is on sales for $2. I printed out 2 of those $1 mfr coupons and so I go the 2 dinners for free. But you do have to have minimum $25 to get your mfr coupons doubled. They normally only double 5 coupons. So you might want to get a $25 gas card to go with you order.

• Josh says

There is deals to be had at both stores but Rainbow is way more plentiful then Cub!

But Cub does have can't beat deals on certain products sporadically. I would suggest shopping at BOTH stores if you really want to maximize your savings.

24. Logan Rempert says

Hi sarah and I saw that you were not informed that on the new barcodes that on the end if there are three lines about the same thickness/width that it will not double any other combination it will double.

25. Amber B says

Thanks for the heads-up on the upcoming unlimited coupon day @ Rainbow!! Are there any other grocery stories in or near Minneapolis that offer double coupon days?

26. Jenny says

I am wondering of anyone else had noticed that the Woodbury store customer service had taken a turn for the worse? The past month the attitude of most of the cashiers is rude and unprofessional not to mention the store manager has never been a pleasant person. I always a ND emails to them when I get great service but now I think I need to send them a non compliment. I have also noticed that there are very few couponers in the store earlyin the morning maybe they also dislike being treated poorly.

27. Nancy says

HI THERE, FRIENDS. THANK YOU TO ALL FOR THE WARM WELCOME AND TIPS. I'M SUPER EXCITED AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO KNOW ALL THE STORES IN MN.

• Nancy says

I'VE ALSO HEARD THAT ONE OF THESE STORES CUB OR RAINBOW HAS A ROUNDY'S CARD THAT YOU HAVE TO BUY OR PAY TO BECOME A ROUNDY'S MEMBER…? IF TRUE, WHICH STORE AND HOW MUCH IS IT? THANK YOU!

• Jenny says

Rainbow has the Roundys,card and it's free just go to customer service and they will get you the card and then you will earn .05 off a gallon of gas for every 50.00 you spend using the Roundys card.

28. Rachel says

I slept in this morning, so didn't get to the Lakeville Rainbow until about 9:30 AM this morning. I forgot the Powerball dishwashing tabs, so after I checked out, I went back to the cleaning aisle to see two people (a man and woman) with loaded carts walking away. The dishwashing tabs were completely gone. Luckily my favorite cashier Linda had an extra one that she took away from someone earlier (the coupon fine print states limit 2 per shopping trip).

29. Chelle says

I was nervous doing it today because I couldn't get to my PNS before 1 pm. I totally lucked out and they were restocking the soup. Yay! It was all gone otherwise. I bought 14 and and used 4 coupons and still got the $5 off plus the $6 cat. Also want to mention I went in the other day and bought just the two 1/2 gallons of milk with the in ad coupon. I received a cat for $1/2 the new Muller yogurt. Nice!

30. Jolene says

I paired two ALL detergents with eight Progresso soups for the $5 off deal; the detergent ended up being 1.99 for each, instead of 2.49, with the 2/2 coupon doubled.

Also, Garnier LENGTH AND STRENGTH shampoo and conditioner was 50% off in store (1.89), so paired with the $1/1 from the 1/12 Red Plum, my sister Katie and I got free shampoo!