You heard me correctly in that headline. This coming Saturday, December 8, and again on Wednesday, December 19, Rainbow Foods stores will double an unlimited number of coupons per customer (Copps and Pick N Save are not participating – sorry, don’t kill the messenger).
These Unlimited Double Daze are not advertised in the weekly sales flyer. However, there are signs up in-store that confirm that all Rainbow Foods stores are participating in this promotion on 12/8 and 12/19.
Rainbow Foods Unlimited Doubles Coupon Policy
Besides temporarily removing the 5-doubled-coupons-per-transaction limit, Rainbow Foods is enforcing some other changes in their coupon policy on 12/8 and 12/19. These changes have been provided to us by Roundy’s corporate. I outline them below and give a little commentary about each one.
- $25 threshold.Your transaction must be $25 before tax and after all store coupons and Roundy’s club card discounts are applied.
- (Carrie here: Last time I personally checked, which was a few weeks back, their registers don’t work like this policy says. As long as the total value of your groceries is $25+, based on the highest price listed on the shelf tag where the product was found [that is usually full price, but not always], and after store coupons, then the register will double your coupons. Your experience with an individual cashier may vary.
- “Do Not Double” Excluded.Coupons that say “do not double” are not eligible
- (Carrie here: As always.)
- $1 or Less.Manufacturer’s coupons worth $1 or less will be doubled in value
- (Carrie here: As always.)
- Unlimited Total Number.Coupons that may be doubled are unlimited.
- (Carrie here: Translation “a customer may double an unlimited total number of coupons as long as all the other terms and conditions of the promotion are met.”)
- 5-Per-Item Limit.There is a limit of 5 coupons for the same item.
- (Carrie here: I might say it like this, “you can only buy 5-coupons-worth of any individual product”. If you have 5 coupons worth $1 off when you buy 4 cans of soup, then you can buy a maximum of 20 cans of soup. This does not say “5 identical coupons”, but 5 coupons for any single type of product; it doesn’t matter if some of your coupons are from the newspaper and others were printed on the internet. Five coupons for any single type of item, period. And, hallelujah, as that helps keep the best deals on the shelves so everyone can participate.)
- (PS - Remember that some coupons have fine print on them that limits you to using 2 or 4 in the same transaction. In some cases, then, you won’t even be able to use 5 coupons for a single item. Our shopping list gives you all that detail.)
- Limit 1 Transaction.Limit of 1 transaction per customer, per day. No more splitting of orders/multiple transactions.\
- (Carrie here: This limit says “1 per day”. Not one per trip in the store. Not one per cashier. You can do this one time per day, period.)
- Store Gift Cards Excluded.Store gift cards will no longer count toward the “$25 Qualified Minimum Purchase” to double coupons.
- (Carrie here: Although Rainbow Foods gift cards do not qualify for the $25 spending threshold, gift cards for other retailers do qualify. Each store has a kiosk of gift cards for places like SuperAmerica, Holiday Stationstores, iTunes, Subway, Home Depot, etc. [selection varies by store]. Feel free to purchase one of those to reach your $25 spending threshold if necessary).
Remember, that Rainbow Foods’ standard manufacturer’s coupon policy remains in effect during this promotion.
Did you participate in October when they ran a similar promo? Will you go on the 8th and/or 19th?