Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save Shopping List 12/13 – 12/24/12 (Incl Double Double Daze and No Limit Double Daze)

DOUBLE DOUBLE DAZE: This coming Saturday (12/15) is advertised as a Double Double Daze. You’ll be able to double 10 manufacturer’s coupons in a single $25 transaction.

NO LIMIT DOUBLE DAZE: Next Wednesday (12/19) is advertised as a No Limit Double Daze at Rainbow Foods only (Copps and Pick ‘n Save have a regular Double Daze advertised). Read the rules for Rainbow Foods’ unlimited coupon doubling.

If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read Roundy’s (Rainbow Foods, Copps, and Pick N Save’s) coupon policy before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

If you shop at Copps and your ad doesn’t match the items mentioned in this shopping list, then check out what we saw for sales last week.

Two things to remember about this list of deals. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, it is a starting list: as we learn of more deals whose final price is low enough, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

Comments

1. Sue says

Dr. Pepper (2 liter) $1.25-$1.50

$1/1 Diet Dr. Pepper 12-pack OR Two 2-Liter Bottles printable

$1/1 Dr. Pepper Ten 12-pack OR Two 2-Liter Bottles printable

Final price: As low as $0.25 each after doubled coupon

These coupons are no longer available.

2. K says

Hi, just wondering if there is a source for pick n save prices you may be able to recommend: their website only posts the sales prices, and the rest are blank. I noticed that this page sometimes says 'based on online price', and I have yet to find that information anywhere on the PnS website.

Thanks in advance

3. Kelly says

Hopefully someone will be able to explain to me the limit of 5 like items on unlimited double days. So for example, if I buy 5 Bear Creek pasta sides in broccoli cheese flavor and another 5 of a cheddar flavor is that 10 like items or are they considered different?

• Terri says

I believe it is 5 like coupons, ie: say you have 5 $1/4 of something. You can purchase 20 (5×4) of said item and be within the guidelines. Does that make sense?

• Terri says

Sorry, I didn't get to your exact example. In this situation you can only purchase 5 of that brand, regardless of the flavors.

• Terri says

May I suggest you shop on Sat (10q) and do separate transactions with 5q's of Bear creek in each order, plus 5 more Q's of something else, of course.

• ELLEN says

so the limit of 5 like coupons is just on unlimited days ? I thought it applies to all double coupon days.

• melissa says

You can only use 5 of the same coupon in one transaction. If you have more than 5 of the same coupon you will have to split your coupons up into multiple transactions so there is no more than 5 of the same coupon in each transaction.

• Terri says

The 5 like Q's is ALL THE TIME. The amount of transactions is what is limited to once a day on unlimited days. Double and Double Double days are the days for more than one transaction.

4. K says

Does anyone know of a store in WI that has Cook's ham on sale? I printed off the $5 coupon and would like to combine it would a good sale. Thanks!

5. heather says

It says $1.99 for Kelloggs when you buy 5, all others $2.99, so if I buy more then 5, will the extras be $2.99 each?

• scat says

Heather — On prior promotions like this one, I have bought more than 5, all will were the sale price of $1.99. However — and there is always a "however" at Rainbow — in the past this has not been uniform at all locations. IT is best to check with the store manager. If they are unsure, they can just run 6 through thier service desk system to see how they ring up.

6. Heidi says

K, my sister lives in NE Wisconsin and shops at Pick n Save. She has been able to purchase as many Kelloggs items as she wanted as long as she met the "must by" amount. Scat is right though. It's always best to check with the manager first. Things are always changing!

7. K says

With this deal:

Hallmark Cards (Limit 1 Offer)

$2/3 Hallmark Cards in-ad Roundy’s coupon

Plus, use:

$2/3 Hallmark Cards printable

Final price: Varies after coupons

Could I buy 6 $1 cards and get them for free?

8. Sue says

Bear Creek Pasta or Rice Side Dishes – Buy 1, Get 1 Free (2/$2.69)

$1/1 Bear Creek Pasta Mix from 10/14 Smart Source insert (coupon says “Do Not Double”)

Final price: $0.35 each after doubled coupon (Roundy’s coupon policy prohibits using a coupon on the item you get free in a buy one, get one free sale)

I believe the final price should be $0.85 (and in my experience with that coupon it does not automatically double).

Thanks, Carrie and team :) I live a ways from Rainbow, so I only go when the sales are extra good. I always leave with so much merchandise for so little money that I wonder why I don't go more often ;) I <3 extra heart <3 unlimited doubles–definitely makes my trip worthwhile!

10. Sue says

**UPDATED** Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Flavor Packets $0.89-$0.99 (regular price)

Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Starter Tub $1.94-$2.19 (regular price)

$0.50/1 Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Product from 11/11 Smart Source insert (exp 3/1)

$0.50/1 Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Product (Facebook) printable

$1/2 Duncan Hines or Comstock or Wilderness Product printable

Final price: As low as free after doubled coupon

The $1/2 is a Wounded Warrior coupon which has ended.

11. kara says

Did anyone play the Glad game to get the $1 coupon? I played it twice and neither time did I get a coupon. (I was prompted to enter an e-mail address but I did not receive anything)

Wisconsin shoppers — price match your Cook's ham with the ad from Sentry Foods, who has it for $.69/# this week. A 10# ham, at $6.90 – less that $5 Q makes it 90% off retail!

13. Jeannette says

Thanks for everything Carrie! I have been couponing for two years now! I have never added it up, but I'm sure I've saved a ton! I really appreciate all you do!

Yesterday I was in my PNS in SE WI and there were peelies on the 24 packs of Coca-Cola for $1.00 off a 24 pack. That would bring the price to 3.99 after doubling. 3.99/24 cans = .17 cents per can

Happy Holidays and Happy Couponing!

14. Crystal says

On the tags at the Lakeville rainbow it says "$1.99 when you buy 5 or more" didn't need to buy more than 5 today so I'm not sure but that's how the tags were reading at least.

15. dime time says

that was my experience, the coupon did not double. most of the "do not double" coupons have been doubling at the register, but bear creek did not. but less than $1 for a rice mix is still better than full price. this did not look like a heavily stocked item at the plymouth (hwy 55) rainbow i was at mid morning saturday, so even if you're willing to pay 85 cents a bag, you may find yourself out of luck. they were out of two of the four varieties. i wasn't able to get my No. 1 choice, but they had 2 bags left of my No. 2 choice.

so yes, the final price should be $0.85 per bag.

16. dime time says

On Wednesday the Plymouth (hwy 55) Rainbow had peelies on Coke cases for $1 off, which you could double for $2 off, making them $3.99/case. I did not see any at the same Rainbow this morning, but check your rainbow and be prepared to bump some of today's coupons to Wednesday if you are lucky enough to find peelies!

• Kris E says

You know, I saw those at a convenience store somewhere. Didn't help myself to any….. yet… LOL thanks for the noggin knocker

17. Kristin says

Hmmm…my 12/2 Smart Source from both the Wausau Herald and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel had Carmex coupons not Blistex. Bummer!!

18. Kristin says

Have you tried doing a search for the items? The weekly ads just shows the sale price, but if you use the "Item search" box ON the weekly ads pages, it will bring up little red boxes by category, with the sale price, the regular price and the savings.

for example, if I just open the weekly ad online, I see Lay's chips are 2/$6. But if I use the "Item Search" at the upper right (NOT the "Search Site" above it) and type in "lay's chips" the top search results show me that the regular price is $3.99 each.

Hint: click the department link where you would find them in the links to the left and that will usually have more types of the item to see than the "general" results. I also often use this same search function to see which ones are actually on sale when it says "selected varieties."

19. Kristin says

Just to be clear – the 5 like coupons limit currently only applies to Rainbow, because it has the unlimited coupon days. PNS and Copp's don't limit it to 5 like coupons on Double Double Daze, when you can get 10 coupons doubled.

• Krissie says

The $5.00 coupon did not scan but the cashier at Chaska Rainbow keyed it in… I got 6.5 lbs of Ham for $.72!! Thank you Carrie for sharing the coupon link.

20. Sue says

The Cook's ham coupon is gone.

Thank you to all who have entered. We are unfortunately out of coupons, but you still can enter our "Ham for the Holidays" sweepstakes for your chance at a $275 prize pack. Good luck! And to those who have previously contacted us we will still be looking into your print issues. Thank you!

• Maria says

You can input all your information and enter the contest but when you click on the print coupon it states "program ended".

• mary says

Based on all of the comments, I'll make a note by that coupon that it may not be available anymore so people don't waste their time.

21. Alice B says

I was unable to print the coupons from the Kellogg's website; in fact, I had trouble with another website that redirected through Red Plum. Any suggestions? Thanks.

22. angela says

Classico pasta sauce is shown as 2/$5 in the print ads ending 12/19 and 12/24. Where is the listing for $1.88/jar? Thanks!

23. Jess says

I'm new to the couponing thing and have my eyes set for the unlimited coupons on Wednesday. Super nervous. Any additional tips?

• Sarah says

What are you nervous about? My biggest tips are to allow plenty of time and to organize as you go through the store. You don't want to be fumbling for your coupons at the checkout line. Also, print out and know the coupon policy. It recently changed so the cashiers might not know what the current rules are. Do your best to follow the rules and to not wipe out the shelves. It's hard to remember, but the deals will come again. If something is gone, get a raincheck.

I have found unlimited days to be easier to shop at, but that might just be at the store I go to. I've been happy to find stocked shelves. I tend to go late at night after my kids have gone to bed. On double double days, I'm lucky to get things. It's been much better on unlimited days.

Good luck and have a good time! It's a fun "game."

The 5 like coupon limit applies all the time (at Rainbow Foods), but is limited to 5 coupons per *household* per day, not per transaction. So you could use 5 Bear Creek Pasta coupons on any day, but that would be it, regardless of the number of transactions you complete.

25. Katherine says

For the Listerine deal, when I click to get the $2/1 coupon, it goes to a PYD page that says "Not Found, Error 404". Any suggestions? I would love that coupon!

26. Rachel says

Anyone know yet if we can combine (in one transaction) the Kellogg or General Mills deal. I.E., if the deal is that you have to buy 5 to get the price of $1.99, could I buy 10 or 15 under the same deal, under the same transaction, and get the $1.99 price?

• scat says

Rachel — i have done that successfully, but it seems to vary from store to store. It's best to check at the service desk, but ( I hate to say it), sometimes they don't know either. If in doubt just go ahead and do it. If you can see on the register that you are being charged more than $1.99 for some of them, just ask the cashier to take off the extras. I usually shop at the Midway store, but sometimes also at the Roseville and Eagan stores and have never had a problem.

27. janice marfiz says

Does anyone know on the coke deal, if you buy more then 5 is it a different price or can you really only buy 5?

• Sue says

It says limit 5, so usually any over 5 will not be sale price. I haven't done this deal so nothing is for sure. Maybe multiples of 5 would work?

28. Kylie says

I'm having trouble on the Kelloggs site this time, too. Really frustrating. Last month they printed just fine………

29. Jill Pearson says

in the ad it says after 5 is more. and usually it will say by 5 or more if you can buy more.

Selected 4-23 Oz. or 5-12 Ct. Varieties. WHEN YOU BUY 5 SAVE UP TO $10.50 ON 5. ALL OTHER PURCHASES $2.99

• Kylie says

I always have interpreted it that way, too (that more would be $2.99 each) but last time I did one of these deals, I purchased 25 items and each one was $1.99 (was feeling confident that day…). I'm planning on asking tomorrow, but a friend of mine once asked and was told they would be $2.99, but she bought in groups of 5 and they, too, were all $1.99. My husband is a tech guy and said most likely their registers are only set up to watch for groups of 5, – it won't watch how many groups of 5, but will catch singles…… Guess all we can do is try……

30. Sue says

Planters Snack Mix $2.50

There is a $0.75/1 on coupons.com

Planters Peanuts $3.59

Planters Cashews or Mixed Nuts $4.59

There is a $1/2 on coupons.com

33. Kris L says

I agree with Sarah…the unlimited double days are so much easier! The checkout lane goes faster and it's easier to plan your trip as you don't have to break out your orders into separate transactions. I have my list for tomorrow broken out by category (frozen, health/beauty, etc) so I'm through the store pretty quickly. Just make sure you have your coupons organized so you're not fumbling at the register….that's frustrating for everyone.

Have fun!

-Kris

34. Cheryl says

My CrunchMaster coupons will never scan, even the newspaper ones. They always have to manually enter them in. How closely are the cashiers following the new rule about not taking coupons that won't scan? I haven't shopped since that went rule started but the last time I did a Rainbow trip, almost none of my coupons would scan and of course my wonderful cashier entered every one of them for me. I don't have any problems anywhere else…….curious what people have been experiencing…….

35. Tasha says

hi has anyone seen the natural Kraft slices coupon i seen them about a week ago and now i don't it was 1.00/1 it says its still available but im not having luck

• Sue says

I usually get what I need and can use. Free is nice, but not everything you may need is free or close to free. If you are looking for free though each section of the list is sorted by final price, lowest to highest.

• Mary says

Sue – I've never noticed the sections are sorted by final price! I make my list for the week based on what I need too.

• Chris says

You can also use Find (ctrl+F) and search the page:

To find freebies, search for the exact words "free after"

To find items under $1, search for "Final price: $0." or "Final price: As low as $0."

To find items under 10¢, search for "Final price: $0.0" or "Final price: As low as $0.0"

To find items under 20¢, search for "Final price: $0.1" or "Final price: As low as $0.1"

To find items under 30¢, search for "Final price: $0.2" or "Final price: As low as $0.2"

etc…

36. Mary says

I see the sale price items, but i'm not sure how to see items that are not on sale. For the non-sale items the Rainbow website lists them and has a little picture, but I can't seem to find the price. Do you know how to find the price to items that are not on sale?

• Kristin says

No, just the sale and retail price of items that are on sale. They don't list prices of items not on sale, as far as I've ever seen. Sorry!

37. Kristin says

I'm not sure if this is a good price, but Kraft Deluxe Mac & Cheese is on sale for $2.29. Use $1/3 from Smart Source 12/9. $1.63 each with doubled coupon. (40% off regular price.)

Also, selected varieties of Swiss Miss cocoa is 4/$5. Use 50¢/2 from SS 12/9. Makes them 75¢ each with doubled coupon. (64% of regular price)

38. Kristin says

Copp's: Wonderful Pistachios on sale for $5.99 (regularly $8.99) Use 50¢/1 from SS 12/9 doubled is $4.99 for a pound (45% off). This is a very good price in my area, where generic pistachios usually sell for $6.99 a pound.

39. Sue says

Carl Buddig Lunchmeat $0.49 (Must Buy 5+, otherwise $0.55 each) (through 1/6)

$1/4 Buddig Original Packages 2 oz. from 10/28 Smart Source insert (coupon says “Do Not Double”) (exp 1/31)

The coupon did automatically double for me, so if you have two of those coupons you can get 8 packs free.

40. Cheryl says

I'm new to couponing and I tried to use a $2 printable coupon on vitamins 2 weeks ago and Apple Valley Rainbow said they don't take printables that are $2 or more. So I'm guessing they won't take the $2 Hallmark printable, plus I did not find an in-ad coupon for Hallmark cards. Did I miss the in-ad coupon? Is it only stores other than Rainbow that take the $2 or more coupons? Thanks for your help!

• mary says

Cheryl – The Hallmark in-ad coupon is from the ad dated 12/13 – 12/19. It is not in the one that came out on Sunday and is dated 12/16 – 12/24. They *may* have a copy of both ads in the store, but I'm not for sure on that. Their official coupon policy does not state a monetary limit on printable coupons.

• Jamie says

I have had the same problem at the Apple Valley Rainbow. They told me they didn't accept any internet coupons that were over $1.00.

41. Beth says

At my Rainbow last week, the cashier refused the coupons that wouldn't scan for the customer ahead of me, but keyed mine with no problems! Maybe my friendly smile and respectful attitude???

FYI:

Went to the 24 hour Rainbow on Lagoon in Minneapolis. For any coupons that did not scan they were unwilling to key them… also if the coupons didn't double even if they didn't say "DO NOT DOUBLE" they would not double them.

Problem coupons were for Keebler Cookies ($1 /1) that was available through the Kelloggs Family Rewards site.

Panko Bread Crumbs ($.75/1) Internet – Wouldn't scan at all.

• Kylie says

Thanks for the info. I'm really gonna be in bad shape if they won't key mine in because they can never get most of mine to scan and that's with a really good laser printer high resolution or even newspaper ones……..I'm leaving now. Guess we'll see what happens.

• Heather says

I just went to the store in plymouth and rockford and I had the same keebler coupons and they had to scan their badge for each, but they doubled no problem. It's to bad that Rainbow continues to be inconsistent store to store. I choose my store specifically because of the employees are alway nice and they are well stocked. I wish all Rainbow stores could give us the same experience!

Hi Heather, that is good to know. I usually go to Rainbow on Lake Street and the cashiers are really fantastic there – I should have waited, I know they would have keyed them in. I too wish all the Rainbow stores were consistent. I ended up being able to use only 3 kellogg coupons which doesn't make any sense… two .50/1 gluten free rice krispies and one keebler cookie $1/1. No arguing with the manager though….

43. barb says

The $2/3 Hallmark coupon can also be found right in the card department on yellow flag like things. But the printable is the same coupon and states can not be combined with other coupons. So I think that would be a violation of coupon use to use 2 of them and get 4 cards free since it is the same offer.

Sue – Thanks. I see some in-ad coupons that are a little different, plus the gift card deal. If you see any others that don't carry over, please let us know so we can take them off after today.

Cheryl and Jamie – The "no printables higher than $1" restriction is an *old* Roundy's policy that has since been removed from the official coupon policy: http://images.gsngrocers.com/StaticContent/Upload

However, individual stores have the right to make further restrictions so you may be out of luck there. I'd try bringing a printout of the coupon policy to customer service to ask there as it's possible some cashiers are just mistaken and remembering the old policy.

• Lex says

The Facebook printable for cards was a NO GO at the Plymouth Rainbow. They said it didn't look real or have watermarks (I got it directly from FB and use a good color printer. Never any issues with other printed coupons) , and also it couldn't be used along with the tear-off even if it was good.

46. Laura says

This morning I bought 6 GM Natural Valley Granola bars and the cashier manually modified the price for the 6th one!!! The register automatically gave me the price, but she was like a hawk and watching making sure only 5 of the boxes would ring at $1.99.

Overall it was an ok trip; I feel like I spent a lot this am!

47. Heather says

I noticed a lot of rollbacks this week that were not advertised. Here are the couple I can remember.

Mott Cinnamin Applesauce Jars 50% off 0.99cents (while supplies last)

Newman's Own Salad Dressing 2/$3

I also found a lot of peelies, especially on the crackers. All of the peelies doubled for me too.

48. Katherine says

Regarding the Kellogg's/Keebler deal: I think someone was wondering if you bought more than 5 would they also ring up as $1.99. Yes, I bought 8, they all rang up $1.99.

The tag does say "Buy 5 or more", so I am glad they did.

I used 2 of the Kellogg's Fiber Plus Nutty Delights coupons (generous high value at $1/1!). However, they did not double. My nice cashier called the manager over, and there was a lot of talk about the "new policy" "new policy". The doubled coupon exceeds the price of the item so they would not double it. When I mentioned politely that I wasn't concerned about the penny, the manager said that with the New Policy, they can't even override it like they used to. And it certainly does not take off $1.00 and then .99 on the receipt, like it used to. The nice manager said they don't even have a button on the registers to do that anymore. It is still a good deal at .99 for 5 bars, but just to let you know it sounds like they are going to be very serious and strict about that–if you have a coupon for $1 off something, it needs to cost at least $2 for the coupon to double. I get the feeling that they have gotten more strict because they may be offering unlimited double coupons regularly in the future, and they want to get their coupon policy down pat and uniform at every store. Just my opinion, of course. This was in Eagan this morning. Even with the tighter rules, I still think Rainbow is awesome to offer this!

• Amanda says

I used a $0.75 on one Beech Nut coupon for the pouches that are on sale for $0.99. Never had a problem with them doubling up to 0.99…it takes off 0.75 then doubles to 0.24.

• Sally says

My coupons that were $1.00 that doubled to $2.00 worked fine (even on the items that were $1.99) . The manager did have to manually come over and okay the Kebbler ones that wouldn't scan. I heard a different manager tell a cashier loudly if it doesn't scan don't take it. Total before coupons $252, after coupons $47 dollars. The cashier read the wording on every coupon turned it over and then scanned it. He took a long time with each coupon but it was worth it.

• Kylie says

All of my $1 Kelloggs coupons scanned just fine for my $1.99 items – they all doubled to $2 and my cashier didn't have to do anything.

• scat says

In checking my receipt I found that on a couples of items that were $1.17, my $.75 coupons didn't double at all. But my $1 coupons did "double" up to the price of the $1.35 items I used them on. I was at the Midway store and usually have no problems with coupons doubling. There are several items which are just keyed in so I don't really know what the story is on those. I think that is what the cashiers there do when they are not sure what to do or the coupon doesn't scan.I don't think I have ever had a coupon refused. They always try to take care of any problem and sometimes need to get the manager for help. And I think they have installed new scanners at that store. So the bottom line is that we are going to have to wait for consistency to appear!

49. Christy says

I had an issue this morning at the Maplewood Rainbow with my Keebler Cookie coupon. It wouldn't scan, she called over a manager. They came to a conclusion that you are only allowed to use 5 coupons for any Kelloggs and Keebler products. It made no sense since I had 8 other coupons there for Pop Tarts, Cereal etc… But I am thinking that maybe it had to do with the cookies only being $1.99 and the coupon trying to ring for $2.

50. Kelly says

I bought two of the Kikkoman Panko bread crumbs today and got a $.75 off your next purchase Catalina. Thought others might want to know.

Happy doubling!

51. see says

Lagoon likes to make up their own rules about coupons not doubling. and it wouldn't let me use more than 2 vanity fair coupons, went to brooklyn park and was able to use 5 inone transaction fine.

Awesome See…. that is the last time I will be taking my hard earned coupons (and time) up to Lagoon. Should have known it would be a mistake. If you have a system and a good store stick with it:-)

• Shannon says

Lagoon is awful. I had an issue a couple of weeks ago on the weekend with a customer service person. The following Monday I called and complained, and the next time I visited the store they had the security guard follow me around the store while I was shopping. The second week I went back the same customer service person closed her window and refused to help me. Another person saw what happened and came over to help me.

It was comforting to here that there are other people who have problems there. The comment about them making rules up as they go nailed it.

52. Diane says

I just returned from the Eden Prairie location. All of my coupons scanned except the Cook's Ham, which the cashier keyed in for me without hesitation. The Kikkoman and Blistex coupons did not double. The cashier thanked me for printing the coupons in color, and said those printed in black and white are the ones that are a problem to scan.

• T says

I often have problem with Kikkoman coupons not doubling even though they don't say DND and start with 5. No idea why they behave this way. I always make sure to watch them. Also coupons that are of 2 or more items, sometimes don't double for me because the register matches it up with only one item instead of 2 so I watch for them as well when cashier is scanning.

53. Kris L says

LOVE unlimited doubles.

Was at my store this morning at 7, got everything I needed, 40 coupons…ONE TRANSACTION…in and out in 45 minutes! Plus I saved a BUNDLE! My husband is always amazed!

Thanks Rainbow!

Thanks Carrie and your team!

-Kris

54. E says

Heads up–I bought the OrganicGirl but my Pepsi did not ring up as free. My store was out of the Bear Creek sides, but everything else I wanted was available. I love unlimited doubles!

55. Mikey says

Returned from Rainbow in Shoreview about 10 a.m. Not overly busy and shelves were well stocked, with the exception of the Garnier shampoo in kind I wanted. Staffer even went back to check for me. A couple coupons didn't double (I noticed after checkout) but customer service is very nice and friendly. Love the staff at this store, always cheerful, helpful and friendly. Saved over $75 and now up to 20 cents/gallon off gas.

56. sarah says

Had no problem in the rainbow at roseville. I think all my Qs doubled when they were supposed to-but who knows I had something like 50, but I used some and not others. Still managed to save $125 and my total was around $62. I complimented the manager for having lots of check outs open and for having everything in stock.

57. T says

I forgot to buy some items. Does anyone know if I can do another transaction if I go to a different rainbow store or if they are tracking it by card on the unlimited days? thx.

Anyone find a store that had the following:

Silk Fruit & Protein

Bakers Joy Cooking Spray

Haven't been able to find these at any Rainbow…

Thanks in advance.

Neither of those items were in the Bloomington store today. I've been looking for the bakers Joy since Thanksgiving and the shelf has been empty.

• Katherine says

I heard from a dairy employee (I think he was the dairy manager) that the Silk Fruit and Protein was being discontinued by Rainbow. No more in the warehouse. He said they had too many go past their expiration dates and so it wasn't selling fast enough. This was a couple of weeks ago.

• Kylie says

I overheard the asst mgr at the Northtown store telling someone today that they were really having trouble getting the Bakers Joy cooking spray and expected to for quite awhile. I didn't listen to the entire conversation because it's not an item I was looking for today, but they had quite a lengthy discussion about it. He said he is pretty sure none of their locations would have it.

• scat says

The Midway store has also been out of those items for several weeks. They finally took the shelf tags down where the Silk used to be and have put the Egg Nog there. I did see some at Cub so I don't think it's an issue with the supplier.

59. Jennifer says

Blistex Lip Care $1.00

$1/2 Blistex Lip Care Products from 12/2 Smart Source insert

$0.65/1 Blistex Lip Care Product printable

Final price: As low as two free after doubled coupon

I just got home and just saw that very other coupons doubled except the $1/2 Blistex coupons.

60. Jana says

I had my husband help me out the other day (we shop at Copps because we have no rainbow foods in our area), with one of our transactions, the kelloggs cereal was not the one that I thought was on sale and the fiber plus bars rang up for 2.99 because I thought that they would combine cereal and bars to equal the 5 items… they did not… anyways, my $1 nutty fiber coupons showed up on the receipt as cereal coupons and the $.50 cereal coupons showed up as being fiber bar coupons… I spent a long time at customer service trying to return my cereal and because of how the register rang up my coupons, I only got the regular price back for the cereal minus the $1.00 coupon… I hope this is making sense… the customer service supervisor treated me terribly and acted like I was trying to cheat them. Has anybody else notice coupons showing up differently on the receipt than it showed on the coupon? Also, I am thinking about calling and reporting the customer service supervisor for the way she treated me but I am trying to decide who to call and how to go about doing this. Any advice would be appreciated, I do not want a bad rep as a couponer, but I also don't want to be treated like I was.

61. Jill Pearson says

My cashier rang a couple coupons for me. I don't think ill have problems there. (Northtown) I noticed that the coupons were actually scanning better. I had some faded coupons that a lot of times wouldn't scan, and so I wonder if they updated there scanners.

62. jennifer says

used 307 coupons today and saved 710.00 WOW! I felt like a kid in a candy store just like the radio advertisement says. Thanks to my wonderful cashier Lynn, and customer service gals Terri and Dolly. 448 items for 321.00 WOW!! What a high! UNLIMITED COUPONS ROCK!!

• jennifer says

I was at the store for 4 hours and spent about 30 minutes at checkout due to a lock out at the register but I paid the bill, then they added the coupons at another register and then credited the coupons. The customer service gals were so nice and made it very smooth.

• janice marfiz says

Wow how did you manage that? Did you do multiple transactions? My roommate and i just got back and our total before was 550 but paid 214 out of pocket. Got 38 bottles of pop. Can't pass it up when that cheap. Lol

63. katie says

HHoly cow jennifer! How many carts? I spent $125 with $280 in coupons so not as good. I just needed to restock our cereal supply so spent a bit. Woodbury was well stocked. Their cashiers were quick also. My purina cat treat coupons were rejected except for 1. The kraft cheese worried me because it said redeem at walmart, but I asked and they said it was fine. It doesn't say only…at walmart.

64. jennifer says

When I entered the store I asked the customer service gal Dolly to confirm the number of coupons I could use and she stated 'as many as you want'. So I did. One transaction.

65. jennifer says

I had 3 carts. That the customer service gal Terri helped me take out to my vehicle. It was a great experience with AMAZing savings. 448 items for 321.00 WOOHOO!!

66. Sue says

My $0.70 Pop Tarts coupon only doubled $0.56. Never had something like that happen. The cashier didn't know why either and adjusted it.

Also the Mini Athen Shells are now $2.19 but the coupon does double.

67. Terri says

I shopped last night after work at 7:30 pm and most everything was in the store that I wanted at the BP store. Saved a ton on food spent $47 and saved $85. I hope they continue this, at least once every couple of months. I have so much fun looking for the best deals I can.

• jennifer says

The customer service gals I talked to made it sound like Rainbow might continue this promotion but not sure when. She did state the more we contact the company about how we appreciate the unlimited coupon promotion the better. So contact Rainbow and let them know what you think. I think they are listening. Merry Christmas and Happy savings in 2013!!

• anne says

Yesterday was great for me as well, spent $68.00 and saved $120.00 and received $5.00 back with the westpac promo and I noticed that my free duncan hines cake mix didn't get credited when I bought 2 frostings so I 'll get back an additional $2.13!Thank you Carrie for all you and your staff do.This has been the year of getting out of debt for me and couponing is the reason why.One more bill left and I'm FREE!!!!

• jennifer says

I am right there with you Anne. 2013 will be my year to pay off my debt as well thanks to coupons. Thanks Carrie and your crew.

68. Terri says

Interesting you said this….some of my Kellogg's coupons were scanning in as a different Kellogg product….I had a $.50 cent coupon for Frosted Flakes and a $.70 cent coupon for Frosted Mini Wheats. The Frosted Flakes coupon scanned in as $.70 and the Frosted Mini Wheats scanned in at $.50 cents. Weird.

69. JoAnn says

Hoping someone can help me with a question on Copps sale policy. Here's my example: On sale this week is Cheerios and Fiber One Bars. It states that they are" $1.99 each when you buy 5. All others shelf price." Does this mean that if I buy 5 Cheerios I pay the $1.99 each and if I buy 5 Fiber One Bars I have to pay the shelf price? Or do I get the sale price when I buy in increments of 5? Thanks so much for your help! Oh, and I shopped at Copps last Saturday for their Double Double Daze and the coupons that did not scan, they typed in without hesitation. Very friendly transaction at the new Copps location in Stevens Point, WI.

70. Sue says

Pepsi, Diet Pepsi or Mountain Dew (12 pk., 8 pk. or 6 pk.) 4/$10 (Must Buy 4; Limit 4 With Additional $10 Purchase)Buy 4 and spend $10 on additional groceriesFinal price: $2.50 each after additional $10 purchase ($0.21/can)

This deal ended 12/19.

71. Sue says

LaCroix Sparkling Water 12 pk. $4.50

There is a $1/1 on their Facebook page

Melitta Coffee Filters $1.50

There is a $1/1 on their Facebook page making them free after doubled coupon

Chex Mix $1.50

There are $0.50/1 printables making them $0.50 after doubled coupon

72. Sue says

Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup $3.19-$4.59 (regular price)

$1/1 Pyrex Glass Bakeware or Storage Item from 11/11 Smart Source insert (exp 1/31)

$1/1 Pyrex Glass Bakeware, Prepware or Storage from 8/26 Smart Source insert (exp 12/31)

Final price: As low as $1.19 after doubled coupon

These are Buy 2, Get 1 Free

73. Sue says

Get $4 at Checkout when you buy 8 baking items:

Gold Medal All-Purpose or Unbleached Flour (5 lb.) $2.29

Betty Crocker Ready to Serve Frosting, Pouch Cookies or Bisquick (12-20 oz.) $1.66

Making the deals listed above even better if you buy 8.

74. Heidi says

Both Plymouth Rainbows and the Maple Grove didn't have Bakers Joy cooking spray either. I looked at each one. I did see the sticker on the shelf where it should be though. I was sad they didn't have it because it would have only been about 39 cents I think.

75. Christina says

Yes, sometimes coupons "attach" to the wrong items. But regardless, when returning an item, they should give you a refund for the full value of the item, or else they should physically return your coupon. If they're not able to return the coupon to you, then they need to give you credit for the value of the coupon. I know some stores have a policy of needing to discard food items when they're returned, so it might have been in the store's best interest to just refund the difference between the regular and sales price, rather than having you return the items.

• Jana says

Yes, I'm starting to think that the way she did it was just her own thinking and not store policy, I should check what the store policy is regarding returning items that have had coupons used for them. They weren't able to return the coupon to me because I made the return as soon as I was able to get back to the store, 4 days later… it's frustrating because now those same items are on sale and I don't have my coupons anymore… I'm slowly learning to check everything and watch the registers at all times.

• Jana says

I called roundy's customer experience and I was told I would only be refunded what I actually paid, going by what the receipt says about the coupons… they would subtract that. where did you hear that about them having to give the coupon back? it makes sense to me, because they would be refunded if they kept it and turned it in, but they never even tried to give it back.

76. Sue says

**NEW** Melitta Cone Coffee Filters (40 ct.) $1.50

$1/1 Melitta Cone Filters 100 ct. OR 2 40 ct. printable

Final price: $0.50 each after doubled coupon

The ad says 40-200 ct. so they may be free.

Also, remember coffee filters have many other great uses:

Clean windows – they are lint free!

Wrap Christmas ornaments or other breakables for storage

Wipe smudges on eyeglasses, TV's and monitors

77. Dawn says

Really go over your rects as I have had 2 weeks in a row that were wrong. I will bring my rect in and hope for the best. Good to hear others havig trouble and since I have a list I know what should be doubled.

Thanks

78. Christina says

There have been quite a few times over the years that I have had to return things and I've encountered similar circumstances to what you've described. Whenever I challenge them about it, they either grudgingly agree to refund the full value, or else they get a higher up supervisor who then agree to refund the full value. But most of the time, they refund the full value, no questions asked. If I'm returning something really soon after buying it, they will sometimes go to the register and try to find the coupon. But, more often than not they don't want to deal with that hassle and will just give me the money. Most of the time, I don't care either way. I would just try to reiterate to them that they are getting reimbursed from the manufacturer for your coupon, so it's not fair for them to also keep you money.

79. Jenell says

The Lakeville Staff is AMAZING!!! Teri is awesome! I shop there weekly with 2 young kids and they are always helping me & going over & above.

80. Jessica says

Thanks for the tip on the dressing!!! It's my favorite kind so much that I'm willing to pay full price, cringe! I bought 3 bottles with this sale.