Cub Foods Shopping List 12/30/12 – 1/5/13

This week’s Cub Foods list contains several Wednesday-Saturday in-ad coupon deals as well as the beginning of a future savings offer on baby products when you use your My Cub Rewards card through 2/23.

As of April 15, Cub Foods changed their coupon policy. You can read Cub Foods’ new coupon policy, but the most notable change is that they only accept expired coupons up to 30 days past their expiration date.

Remember that this is a starting list of deals for the week. As readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store or we get emails with deal ideas, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Your turn: What other deals did you spot this week?

Comments

1. Amanda says

There is a save 4$ off of 10 Smart Ones tv dinners in the Cub ad this week. Shouldnt you be able to use that coupon and the one you listed?

• JoAnna says

It looks like you should be able to do that–the $4/10 is a Cub coupon and the $3/10 is a MQ. Final price would be $1.29 each after coupons.

2. sharon says

Received an email from Cub on Saturday with "Web exclusive savings" valid 12/30-1/19. There are 4 coupons: $1.50 off any Essential Everyday products wyb 5 "Gotta Love Great Deals"items, $2.oo off any Wild Harvest products wyb 5 "Gotta Love Great Deals"items, $2.50 off any Culinary Circle products wyb 5 "Gotta Love Great Deals"items, and $2.50 off any Equaline products wyb 5 "Gotta Love Great Deals"items. My question is – do I need to buy 20 different items to use all 4 coupons, or can I buy just 5 to use all 4 coupons? There is not wording on the coupons either way. I have just recently signed up for Cub's emails so do not have experience with their email coupons and any guidance you could offer would be appreciated.

3. Laura says

I think all the prints for the $1.10/3 Big G cereals must be gone I can't find the coupon on any of the links.

4. Keri says

I went to Cub (Monticello) with my $5.00 off a $50.00 purchase on the 24th of Dec. They have changed the way the coupon worked there. It is now deducted only if the total after all coupons is still over $50.00. I know others were running into this in the past. Is this now a company wide policy?

• Amanda says

I haven't had trouble with the $5 coupon, but I have had trouble with the $6 off $70 Recycle Bank coupon. It takes the $6 off initially but then tacks it back on at the end. Luckily I was at the self check out and after I scanned it first I didn't put it in the register until after I saw my total. I had someone adjust my total. afriend of mine had warned me in advance. Not sure when they changed this because I have used both coupons many times in the path with no problem. It needs to be stated on the coupon if they want to make it after coupons. If it continues I will be shopping at Cub even less than I do now.

5. Laura says

I also had the same problem when I shopped in Monticello. I thought it was the cashier that did something wrong. It's good to know, I already have a hard time getting up to $50. Target in Monti is much better!

• Keri says

I agree- Target is better. I rarely go to Cub – especially now that the $5.00 coupon wont work as I had hoped.

6. candice says

I have a question. As I am new to couponing, I am finding it hard to grasp the concept of stacking. I am told that you can only use one manufactures coupon and one in-store coupon per item. But it seems you guys were able to use multiple manufacturer coupons per item. Was my cashier incorrect in telling me the policy? Or do I need to me more assertive?

7. Gabby says

Candice,

There are multiple coupon options per item on the list not because you are able to use them all, but to give some choices (some coupon links require a Facebook account, for example-so some people would be more inclined to use a lower-value coupon if they don't have/want Facebook). Is that what you mean by multiple coupons per item? Most cash registers should be programmed so you couldn't use multiple manufacturer's coupons on a single item.

Good luck starting on this process! I've been at it for about two years, and I can tell you it is *so* worth the learning curve and the occasional frustration.