Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save Shopping List 11/4 – 11/10/12 (Incl. Double Double Daze)

This Saturday, November 10, Rainbow Foods is running a Double Double Daze promotion. On that day you can have up to 10 coupons doubled in value per transaction. That’s an increase for the 5 coupons typically allowed during a regular Double Daze event. If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read Roundy’s (Rainbow Foods, Copps, and Pick N Save’s) coupon policy before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

If you shop at Copps and your ad doesn’t match the items mentioned in this shopping list, then check out what we saw for sales last week.

Two things to remember about this list of deals. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, it is a starting list: as we learn of more deals whose final price is low enough, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

About Carrie Rocha

I am passionate about helping people live within their means so they can get out and stay out of debt. I live in Minneapolis, MN with my husband and two little girls.

Comments

1. Rainbow has Nesquik powdered chocolate milk pouches for $1.00. Use $0.50/1 from 11/4 RP for free Nesquik.

Also Fisher Trail Mix is under wrong category I believe.

2. Also, Halls cough drops are on price cut for $1.00 thru 11/24.

$1/2 Halls Drops from 11/4 or 9/16 SS or the printable for free cough drops.

3. Are the unlimited doubles over?

• Unlimited is over but this saturday you can use 10 coupons.

• Wondering how often they do the unlimited double coupons? Had never seen before 10/31 and 10/24….we had great success at Rainbow in Lakeville, and of course it was sooo slick purchasing under one transaction!

4. Simek’s Meatballs (22-24 oz.) – Buy 1, Get 1 Free (price check, please) $6.49

Simek’s Meat or Vegetable Lasagna (2 lb.) – Buy 1, Get 1 Free (price check, please) $6.49

5. Maxwell House Wake Up Roast Coffee (34.5 oz.) $6.98 (Limit 1; thereafter $7.99)

Use Roundy’s coupon from booklet

Final price: $6.98 after coupon

The $1/1 coupon from Coupons.com did work on this deal. there are quite a few varieties that are within the size limit on coupon so I got mine for $4.98 after doubled $1/1 coupon.

• You can use them at Target for a good deal. Buy 2 at $7.49 ($6.49 after coupon–watch for peelies) and get a free lb of Oscar Mayor bacon.

6. the $1.50/3 Ore-Ida is out of prints. Also, many of the coupons listed above say "redeemable at Walmart" Will Rainbow even accept these?

• ok, after I actually printed these coupons, they do not say anything about Walmart on them :) so disregard the above question

• I still question this since there isn't a UPC code on the coupons….only another bar code. Will these still work?

7. I go to a couple of different Aldi's, the price of eggs there is about $1.49 or so per dozen and been that way for a long long time and not $1.15/dozen as written on this website. May be the price list here needs to be updated.

8. At Rainbow today, I picked up eggs and milk from last week's cereal deal.:) I noticed a little calendar at the register listing double double days both 11/10 and 11/17. 11/24 is just a regular double day-no double double (the English major in me is trying to ignore the grammar issues with that sentence:). I asked the cashier and she confirmed it is correct. Yeah!!

9. At my Roundy's Pick'n Save, they had the Pampers soft pack baby wipes for $2. With the doubled $.50 P&G coupon that expires 11/30, that makes them $1 each!

10. Dannon $1/3 link doesn't open for me. I tried it a couple hours earlier and again now.

• Angela – I think the Wounded Warrior site is experiencing a lot of traffic. I had some difficulties with it too. One time it worked and another time it didn't. I am going to leave it on the list, but just keep trying and maybe you'll have luck at another time.

11. I get to rainbow on the first day there is a double coupon deal. I go the the nearest, least busy store but almost everytime I go practically everything I have on my list is gone. Is anyone else having these issues? I get there as early as I can.

• musher123 says:

Yes its getting worse that's why you should pre order your orders that way you don't miss out on rock bottom prices.. they only carry or don't have the products anymore that are free or help complete your transactions for money back on future purchases so why do they run specials…. this week for the Johnson Johnson deal I have two baby showers so I new I want to purchase three of each product so i watched the shelf all week long to make sure they were there all week they had three of each so at 9:30 at night on sat I purchased the set of three knowing the deal was ending

• musher123 says:

I was yelled at for clearing the shelf from the manager and she handed a pre order form… the sale was ending in a half hour … they didn't move all week.. I belive I was responsible… with such a great deal they should expect to sell more than three sets …

• Some rainbows are worse than others. When I lived in St. Paul and outside of the cities I would shop at the Arcade St Rainbow and the Lakeville one and they very rarely had a shelf cleared and I would go shopping between 5 and 6 at night. Now that I've moved to Coon Rapids it's a different story. It seems that shelves are cleared of the good deals all the time.

12. Does anyone know the regular price of the 8 or 12 count poptarts? I just threw my old receipts away and I want to figure out the price with coupons and the $9 off when you buy 6 deal.

13. I cannot find the Jacks Pizza coupon. Do I have to use a specific zip code, or has the coupon maybe reached its print limit?

14. Petronella says:

Does anyone know what type of cereals are included in the Post cereal deal?

15. Thanks for this weeks list.

16. musher123 says:

Can somebody help me? If you have 1.00 off coupon and b1g1 free coupon can you use both if you have two products 1 that your buying and the one you get free for buying the pns in my home town says that it is stacking!!!! I have two product two coupons

• It's one man. coupon per item. Rainbow doesn't allow a coupon to be used on the free item. Since the free item doesn't count for coupon use, you really only have one item to use a coupon on.

17. Just wondering what you think–What is a good stock up price for Pillsbury cake mixes and frosting?

• Melissa — I figure anything under $1 is a good cake mix price. With coupons, I can usually get one for around $.75. Frosting is so easy to make from scratch that I don't buy the canned frosting.I make either a butter or cream cheese frosting and used 1/2 the suger and replace with 1/2 splenda. The splenda costs a little more, but now you can get generic versions for a lot less. Also I expect some price cuts on splenda since they are coming out with a new product.

18. Has anyone heard if they will be doing unlimited doubles anymore?

19. There is a prego coupon for $.40 off in 11/4/12 Smart Source

20. 99c at Kwik Trip a couple times within the last few weeks or months…1.99/dozen today. I will watch for that 99c egg sign on the door, and stock up.

• I was told that the prices at KT are good for the month. So if they have milkl on deal this month, eggs will be more or the other way around. The supposedly have an ad that comes out, but I have yet to get one!

• Debi – They usually have a new ad/coupon flyer in the newspaper the first Wednesday of every month (that's today!). I often make a special trip to the gas station just to pick up a paper. :)

21. If you go to Target after Halloween (this week) or after Christmas, you can get cake mixes about 40c, but they've got holiday themed confetti in them. If you don't mind the work of sifting them out (I do it sometimes, but you'll still see some little color bits when you cut the cake). That's when I stock up on cake mixes.

• Thanks for your responses! I have a coupon to get cake mixes for .25 and frosting for .66. I figured that the cake mix was a good deal but I wasn't sure about the frosting. Guess I will be stocking up!

22. woodbury and oakdale rainbow said they wont let you pre-order.

23. Ann – As of right now there are no plans for more unlimited doubles. We'll let everyone know if/when they decide to bring it back.

• Jill Pearson says:

I didn't care for it. I like being able to go more than once for cats and different things. Plus everything isn't all gone on dd or DDD

• I would agree that I did not think the unlimited doubles was a great deal better than normal doubles. Rainbow historically has higher prices. Normally with regular double days or double double days, I walk away with over 4 grocery bags full and my order equates to $1 per item (and that is with meat, milk, etc.).

• A friend of mine just posted to Facebook saying that she was told today that Rainbow will be doing unlimited doubles every Wednesday through January. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

• I would much rather DD or/and DDD On Wed's rather then unlimited. The stores seem to get too hectic and I would assume even more so on the cashiers and I have to admit way more stressful then I would like.

24. Jennifer – This is the first time they have *ever* done unlimited double coupons. Normally the best promotion we see is Double Double Daze where you can double 10 coupons per transaction instead of the normal 5.

25. I am not seeing the Hodgson coupon. Is there a specific zip code for it?

26. : )

27. Kiwi Shoe or Boot Laces $0.89-$2.19 (regular price)

$0.50/1 Kiwi Product printable

Final price: As low as free after doubled coupon

The Kiwi coupon says the promotion has ended :(.

28. The organicgirl coupon is a DND!

29. At PS, for the post cereal that is 4/$9, do I have to buy 4 to get the sale price?

30. Is Rainbow still allowing gift cards to be purchased to make the $25 threshhold that doubles coupons? I usually buy a $25 BP cards for my second transaction, so my coupons double. I thought I heard word that this policy was changing but I can't find anything about it on the Roundy's Coupon Policy page.

• I was able to purchase $25 Roundy's gift card on Saturday. Most of what I wanted to are all gone.

I think it is on those unlimited doubles days that you cannot buy any gift card with your other stuff. i.e., you have to pay for the card by itself.

• You can still use other GCs to reach the $25 , but you are no longer allowed to use a Rainbow gift card to reach the threshold.

31. Valerie Gullicksen says:

There is a deal on Barilla products where if you buy $20 worth, you get $5 back to use on a future purchase.

• Valerie – I have not heard of this promotion. Can you tell more about it?

• Funny thing, I didn't see the $5 off $20 purchase until Valerie pointed it out. The ad doesn't say if it is at the time of purchase or on the next one. Either way if you match it up with the coupons, this makes for some great deals!

32. According to Kwik Trip's Facebook page: eggs are $0.99 and butter is $1.99 November 2- December 21.

33. How many transactions can you do per day per Roundy's card? I read online that it was 3. A friend called our PS and was told 5. I called and was told 6. Hmmmmm…. Anyone know for sure?

34. OMG THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! Can someone confirm this?

35. That's stupid.

36. I wouldn't mind unlimited once in while, or a couple times per month.

37. I was told at the Maple Grove Rainbow this morning that you can not buy a Rainbow gift card to get you to your $25 threshold, but you CAN use other gift cards.

• Yes, this is their new policy for all Rainbow stores. I was going to ro to Rainbow this morning, but didn't have enough for the $25 total. I guess I will try on Saturday. With DDD, it will be easier to meet the threshold.

38. Anyone know if the Very Cherre Tart Cherry Juice, include in the deal?

Thanks

Old Orchard Juice Cocktails, 100% Juice Blends, Healthy Balance & Cranberry Naturals (64 oz.) $2.00

$1/2 Old Orchard Juice 64 oz. in-ad manufacturer coupon

$1/1 Old Orchard Very Cherre Tart Cherry Juice or Juice Blend printable (if included)

$1/2 Old Orchard Healthy Balance Juice Drinks printable

$1/2 Old Orchard Cranberry Naturals Juice Drink printable

Final price: As low as free after doubled coupon

• The Very Cherre Tart Cherry Juice didn't appear to be included – when I went last night they were not tagged as part of the 2/$4 deal. I think they were $5.98

39. **NEW** Nesquik Powdered Chocolate Milk Pouches $1.00

$0.50/1 Nestle Nesquik Powder from 11/4 Red Plum insert

Final price: Free after doubled coupon

Where can anyone find this? I was at the Columbia Heights store, I expect to find them with the other hot chocolate powder stuff. But I cannot find them there.

• I noticed this coupon said "This coupon good only on product sizes and varieties indicated". The fine print doesn't say anything about sizes, but shows the large cans. Would this be able to be used on the pouches?

40. I am in WI, my errors out after 7.

41. Just found out that the Rainbow Foods in Forest Lake is closing its doors on Jan. 9… http://forestlaketimes.com/2012/11/07/rainbow-foo… :(

42. Well, not EVER – they did unlimited doubles a few years ago, like ten or eleven LOL I used to go there after work when I worked in Eden Prairie, and I haven't worked there since 2002. It was amazing. But yeah, they haven't done it in recent history.

43. Question: For BOGO offers like the Simeks Lasagna does the total ($12.98) count toward the $25 mark or would it only be the $6.48?

• I shop at Rainbow, and the shelf price of both items count to the $25. So with a BOGO where the Lazagna is $6.48 each, $12.98 counts to the $25.

44. Looks like the Copps ad for this week has a 33% off page instead of, what I assume, is your BOGO page. (last page of the ad) We always get the shaft here.

45. Hi I am new to couponing at PnS. Your matchups are so comprehensive!

I have a question, pns is offering $9 off when we buy 6 boxes of kellogs. I have three seperate coupons for $1 off wen I buy 3, 2 and 1 boxes. Can I use all these and then get $9 off, or can i use only one of these??

Thanks

46. Rainbow in Forest lake is closing. Yes closing. I am so sad. I need time to coop with this.

47. Julie DeWilde says:

I have some extra coupons that are good for sale items this Saturday; I live in New Hope. If anyone wants them, let me know. jdewilde3533@gmail.com. I listed the specific coupons on the PYD Facebook page…

48. I was wondering if anyone here has gotten the entertainment coupon books? If it worth buying? Are there a lot of good coupons in there? I have never bought one, but I am considering buying the up coming 2013 one.

• Yes, I would say it is worth buying. I bought mine last year through ebates and was able to save a ton from it :-)

• Paige – I'd wait a couple weeks as we'll see some great prices right before Thanksgiving. When we do you can buy it through our own cash back site (like Ebates, but it's ours) here: pyd.sunshinerewards.com and earn a percentage of your purchase back in cash.

49. There is a .50/1 any Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread from the same insert that had the Bear Creek Q in it a couple of weeks ago. I stacked it with the Philadelphia bricks Rainbow Q and they are .66 each after, anyone know if you can freeze cream cheese?

• I would just say when I have stocked up and froze ours a few months ago it was crumbly when we used it, kind of dry.. I also stocked up recently but most of them had use by dates into march or april of 2013.. so I plan to just leave them in the rear of my fridge this time.. just my 2 cents!

50. I freeze cream cheese and use it for frosting or an ingredient in other things. The only time I noticed any difference was in using it as a spread on bagels.

51. I've been trying to find the coupon on the Lean Cuisine website for $1/3. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

52. I would love that also! I emailed Rainbow and thanked them for the unlimited doubles but they said nothing about continueing it!

Also, I had more than 5 coupons on Friday and only 5 doubled so I don't think it is true.

53. No you do not have to buy 4.

54. Trouble for Roundy's?? Parent company for PnS and Rainbow.

If they are looking for ways to boost their bottom line, it could impact their coupon policy.

• AsUntoTheLord says:

Hum, interesting read. I noticed the specific "promotion" they were dissa the Monop thing. I think people found out last year it was a waste of time for the most part and probably didn't care enough about it this year to buy higher priced/non-sale or coupon matched items, judging for some comments made on this blog and my own personal experience. Maybe this finding, coupled with the *hopefully* successful outcome of the unlimited doubles test, will prompt them to focus on promotions that have a direct effect on the consumer's bottom line & value. The sale/coupon match ups are very obviously lacking when the "game" promotions are in effect. When times are hard, people don't want to play games in the HOPES they might win something (the lottery covers that croud already)…they want real savings.

Just my 2 cents… :-) Personally, this acrticle was encouraging.

55. Free arm and hammer tooth paste at Pick N Save after doubled coupon. Print coupon from http://www.armandhammer.com/index.aspx

56. I read the same thing, and I'm very sad too….Guess I'll need to drive to Shoreview or Blaine. Which also means I won't get there as often. :(

57. Has anyone successfully located the Beech Nut Rice Cereal at a Rainbow Foods store? I've called several locations in the West Metro and none carry the cereal or dry Beech Nut products, just the jars. Thanks, in advance, for any help locating this good deal :)

• I didn't see it at Maple Grove when I checked about 3 weeks ago.

• They do not carry the cereal at the Blaine store. I have had good luck getting a pretty decent price (after the $1 coupon) at Walmart, but don't usually shop Walmart so I don't know if the prices are still the same or not. Last time I purchased cereal (almost a year ago) it was like 62 cents after the coupon.

• I live in a PNS area about about 2 months ago the boxes were all marked down to 50% off and then they were gone and the Gerber got moved over. I am assuming they aren't carrying it anymore.

58. Dumb question.. is dr pepper included in the coke offer? Just wanted time make sure, I thought Dr pepper was a Pepsi product. Thanks.

• Yes, you're right. Dr. Pepper is a Pepsi product.

• I used to work for Pepsi. Dr Pepper is not a Pepsi product. It is sometimes included in sales along with Pepsi products because Pepsi is the sole distributor in the Twin Cities for DPSG(Dr Pepper Snapple Group). Just want to clear the air.

• Dr. Pepper is listed on the copps website as being included in the sale. I'd check the shelf tags to confirm. I don't quite understand it, but sometimes soda products are included in "competitor sales". I think it has to do with who distributes it in that region.

59. Does anyone know if the $20 before or after coupons? TIA!

60. Sally Reed says:

I've never heard of pre-ordering – how do you do that?

61. Yep, pretty sad huh! I will try to shop at the one in Blaine or Coon Rapids when I am out and about, but I guess it looks like Walmart will get most of my business as Cub's prices are getting so high.

62. Hi! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the amazing tips! Today I spent $5.75 on 3 transactions, before saving my total would have been $98.24!

63. It's official Rainbows new coupon policy has change to 5 of the same coupons per household per day it is posted at the registers under double says flyer in fine print

• And your Roundys card tracks it !

• Oh and make sure if you are trying to use multiple cards that are linked together to use more than 5 coupons that are the same it won't work.

• Jenny, Thanks for the info. I was told this morning by the Customer Service window at the Brooklyn Park location that when doing the Double Double Promotion they are limiting the transactions to 2-3 per person per store. She said a person may always go to a different store, but they are doing this to prevent their shelves from being emptied. Your mileage may vary at other stores.

• Wow, seriously? That kind of sucks.

64. Dozens of new kellogg/keebler coupons on Kellogg coupon website, like 70c off one Krave, Frosted flakes, mini wheets, $1 off one Eggo, $1 off one keebler cookies, 70c off cheeze it.

65. it is before coupons

66. I've only tried to pre-order once. I had a raincheck for the item. They lost my pre-oder, so I reordered. They did not call me like they said when it would come in. My raincheck expired, they did renew it. But they would only allow me to purchase 1 case even when my raincheck said unlimited. It was a lot of hassle. I try to view my shopping as a part-time job. So the time invested was still worth the savings. I've learned to just get multiple rain checks.

67. Just came from the Forest Lake Rainbow. They said I could not use more than 5 of the same coupon per day. I thought that this was just for the unlimited double coupon days. Wondering if anyone else has this issue. Last weekend I shopped a different Rainbow and I did use 10 of the same coupon and all 10 doubled with no issues.

68. Not a rock bottom price, but I was glad to find the Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat Bread for $1.69 ($2.10 savings) this morning. I have no idea if that was unique to the West End store, but it was clearly marked with no limit.

I didn't see Blue Bunny holiday ice cream at West End (although I didn't spend much time looking), and the regular Blue Bunny is definitely not that price.

• I have looked for the holiday ice cream at 3 different west metro Rainbows and not found it. I expected it to be on an endcap but I always see the frozen pizza brand that's on sale or Kemp's holiday ice creams, but they don't have a coupon :( Maybe it will still show up in the next couple of weeks?

69. I saw there is a coupon in the SS 11/4 for $1.00/1 McCain Sweet Potato Fries. They are on sale this week for 2/$6.00. Just $1.00 after the coupon is doubled. Great price!

70. Hey how much is the 1% gallon jug of roundys milk?

71. I have next weeks ad and it's not good >: It never seems to be good when they are doing double doubles.

• I think it's a great week ahead! Lots of good deals with the recent Kraft and Wounded Warrior coupons, not to mention $0.98/lb chicken breasts and $0.68/lb turkey. I'm absolutely stocking up on the Knorr Homestyle Stock with the upcoming $1/1 coupon. Hope you find some deals! :)

72. Oh wait except Pepsi Products are on sale $4/11!

73. If having troubles try typing it in instead of clicking on the link it works better. Then just click on the "Download Coupons" on the right side.

74. When does this go in to effect? Today I used 8 of the same coupon in one transaction and had no problem, and they all doubled.

Does anyone know when they are doing this?

• Sorry I meant does anyone know why they are doing this?**

• From what other coupon sites are saying it has been hit or miss with the stores and your card, on person stated they had not registered there card and they were able to use more than 5 coupons in a transaction so I don't know what is triggering one store and not another.

75. ★★ HOT RUMOR ★★ Roundys Shoppers = Rumor has it, Starting the first of the year, they will have UNLIMITED Doubles at all stores on Double DAZE, BUT will STRICTLY enforce ONLY FIVE like Coupons PER DAY! SUPER NEWS!

I got this from the Wisconsin Coupon Clippers FB Page

76. CVS has pepsi products 4/$10 starting tomorrow. I'm in Madison so YMMV.

• I see now that my CVS will have them $4/10 too. However, I buy the 24oz bottles and CVS doesn't carry those. So if your interested in the 12 pks and shop at CVS grab them there. But if you need the bottles get them while at Copps. It will also help on Wednesday to get to $25 too!

1. [...] See the full list of deals at Rainbow Foods/Pick ‘N Save/Copps this week here. [...]