Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save Shopping List 11/25 – 12/1/12

If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read Roundy’s (Rainbow Foods, Copps, and Pick N Save’s) coupon policy before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

If you shop at Copps and your ad doesn’t match the items mentioned in this shopping list, then check out what we saw for sales last week.

Two things to remember about this list of deals. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, it is a starting list: as we learn of more deals whose final price is low enough, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

Comments

1. Phil says

Does anyone know if you can still buy a gift card to get to the $25. total for doubling coupons. If so is it any gift card other than Rainbow?

2. toni says

Hormel Fully Cooked Entrees are on sale for $3.98 using the store coupon. Partner it with the $1/1 Q from coupons.com means one delicious meal for only $1.98. Our family favorite is the beef roast!

3. Rachel says

The link for the Minute Maid pure squeezed prints the following: "Please visit us at "minutemaidpromotions.com/believeinheroes" to print the Minute Maid Pure Squeezed coupon.

4. Jennifer says

For some season I cannot print the $1/2 Duncan Hines Cake Mix coupons on Firefox, keep saying I don't have Java installed.

It works fine with IE.

5. Jennifer says

Keebler Fudge Shoppe, Chips Deluxe or Cinnamon Roll Cookies $1.99

$1/1 Keebler Cookies printable

Final price: Free after doubled coupon

I don't see that coupon at all.

Yes, the ads are different this week for those PNS stores that normally run a Thursday-Wednesday ad. Since last week was a holiday, they just have a short little 4-page "interim" ad this week running from Sunday-Wednesday, before resuming the regular full week again on Thursday.

I do see the hormel store coupon Toni is referring to – and quite a few other store coupons – in their online flyer. The store coupons expire two weeks into December, so I suspect there will be a coupon booklet released yet this week, which should have the same or similar store coupons for Rainbow (and the rest of the PNS/Copps stores that run a regular Sun-Sat ad).

• toni says

Thanks, Chris, for clearing up the confusion. I apologize for posting this in the Rainbow ad. Most of the time the ads are similar. BTW, I love this site and use it regularly. Thanks Carrie and Chris for all your hard work!

Yes Paige.

It's their computer system –it needs more fraud controls programmed into it.

Some stores lost their tushes because people abused the system last time…according to my source in the company.

Sadly, people feel the need to NOT play by the rules — and it hurts us all.

I just read yesterday that someone did 44 (FOURTY FOUR!) transactions on Double Double Daze…….

Anne – I think Dannelle was referring to a Double Double Daze promotion where they allow you to double 10 coupons per transaction, NOT an unlimited double coupon day. Make sense?

6. chuck says

I have always bought the Rainbow $25 gift card to get at the $25 total needed to double my coupons…. unless this has been a new change in rainbow

• Heather says

I bought a $10 gc to rainbow last week to get the Turkey deal and it worked no problems. The cashier wasn't sure it would work. She said they had a policy changed, but I didn't have a problem.

7. pang says

Curious-I would like to know how are you guys reaching the $25 min. When they will only double 5 of your coupons? Help to maximize savings during shopping trip. Thanks!

• Kristin says

I use an Excel spreadsheet with a column that I plug the regular/sale price into that adds up automatically as I add items. I plug in my 5 coupon items first to see the total and then add other items that are usually just sale items or necessities: packs of soda (which usually bring the total up fast), dairy, bread, produce & meats until I hit $25. The next column has the value of the doubled coupons and the last column shows the price after coupons (my Out Of Pocket cost.) Rarely can I bring the total up to $25 with just the coupon items. That's usually with more expensive items or using coupons for multiples, like $1/2 of something. That's why I'd prefer a $1/2 coupon over a 50¢/1 coupon, because it gets the same amount off two items using just one coupon! Don't forget that you can still use more than 5 coupons in the transaction, it's just that only the first 5 will double. So, you can also push up the total with items using coupons that won't double anyhow, like $5/1 for razors or something and BOGO coupons.

Why are there no printable puffs coupons . I have spent at least 1 hour just looking for them online.

Have you noticed the dishonesty going online when looking for coupons. Very seldom do I ever

find a coupon by googling them. They lie and tell you this link will get you the coupon and there is none.You may go through many pages or windows and actually never find one coupon. It is a typical bait and switch. To me this is a blatten lie, trying to sell you something else. While I was looking for Puff's coupon I was sent to a chiropracter in Apple Valley, OMG ??????? , this is so frstrating. All I am doing is wasting my time.

I don't think I've ever had that problem…but mostly I get all my internet coupons through clicking a link on this site. When I click a coupon link, it goes right to the product page or the coupon. Just a thought … have you done a virus scan lately?

• Rachel says

Hi Sophie,

I've had that problem in the past as well. When I'm trying to find a specific coupon and google "x product printable coupon", it just leads to spam sites that put in keywords to get hits.

I have had more success printing off coupons from these major coupon sites:

couponnetwork.com

coupons.com

smartsource.com

redplum.com

9. Melanie says

Buy 3 Coca-Cola, Diet Coke or Coca-Cola Zero and Other Selected Varieties (12 pk. or 8 pk.) for 3/$10.98 (Must Buy 3, Limit 3) and Present Your Roundy’s Card, Get 1 Coke 6 pk. .5 ltr. Bottles Free Instantly at Checkout

Final price: $2.75 each ($0.23/can)

Has anyone tried this at Pick N Save? I am not seeing anything in the ad about the free 6 pack.

There are 3-packs of Puffs tissues in the ad 2 for 4.00. Does anyone know if this is a mistake? My Rainbow only had large 3-packs and they rang up at 4.99.

11. Joyce says

My cashier told me today that Rainbow was changing their $25 mimimun purchase requirement from $25 based on the regular price of the items to $25 based on the sale price of the item or the price after the store coupon is applied to the item. She wasn't sure when this was going to take effect and was surprised it wasn't today. I'm sad!

We know that changes are coming to their coupon policy, but haven't been officially put in place yet. Within the next few weeks I'd expect to see a revised policy that's tighter in a handful of ways. When we get our hands on the policy we'll certainly let everyone know and break down the changes for you.

• Paige says

Is it just me, or has rainbow been changing their coupon policy or parts of it a lot lately? I'm getting a little annoyed. They should just make a policy and stick to it!

12. Jennifer says

Duncan Hines Cake Mix $1.00

$1/2 Duncan Hines or Comstock or Wilderness Product printable

$1/1 Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cupcakes printable, if included

$1 off Duncan Hines Cake Mix and Duncan Hines Frosting printable

The $1/2 coupon beeps on the cake mix. The cashier read the coupon and then manuelly put it in.

13. Kristin says

I've always just figured the $25 on the sale price just on case, since that's what they said they did (even when they didn't, lol!)

• Drew says

I think what we have been hearing is rumors percolating down from management to cashiers to customers.

I dont think they have actually officially changed policies much at all.

Roundy's *official* policy has always been $25 after sale prices and store coupons. We've discovered that the system has worked in the past to apply after shelf price, but perhaps now they're switching the system so that it really does only ring up as doubling after sale prices and store coupons.

14. Drew says

"That’s why I’d prefer a $1/2 coupon over a 50¢/1 coupon, because it gets the same amount off two items using just one coupon! Don’t forget that you can still use more than 5 coupons in the transaction, it’s just that only the first 5 will double. So, you can also push up the total with items using coupons that won’t double anyhow, like $5/1 for razors or something and BOGO coupons."

Ditto all that! ;)

15. Erika says

So I need some clarifications is there a limited on the number of transactions you can do at Rainbow on double days, double double days(10 coupons) or only on unlimited coupon days? I always thought there wasn't a limited on the number of transactions only on the unlimited coupon days. THanks.

Erika – I believe that the limit with your Roundy's card is 7 transactions per day. Some stores let you do 2 transactions at a time, then you'll need to get back in line to do more.

16. Jill Pearson says

Can you do this with open office spread sheet? I'm not to knowledgeable about spreadsheets, and all at. Sounds usefull

17. scat says

I was wondering how that sort of thing could happen. I saw one young woman with at least a dozen carts lined up and putting various things in the carts. Obviously each cart was intended to be one transaction. She must have had several different Roundy cards that were not connected. But it was right out in the open for all to see. Can't imagine that the store employees and manager did not see it. That was on a double double day.

18. Angie says

If you get the Hamburger Helper deal, be sure that you get the correct discounted price of $.99 each. I was in such a hurry that it didn't even occur to me that it rang up incorrectly. Could have save almost $5 more :(

• melissa says

I have on a few occasions. I take them to customer service and it's never been a problem for them to give me a refund for the difference.

• scat says

Angie — I've had to do it many times. It's a good way to make friends with the people at the service counter. They know me so well now that they don't question me.

For those looking for fillers, Roundy bleach is $1 and thier dishwasher powder is $1.99. I like the Roundy brand better than Cascade.

19. Sue says

Keebler Zesta crackers are $1.50 thru 12/9. They would be free after this coupon:

$1.50/1 Keebler Crackers and/or Sunshine Cheez-It Baked Snack Crackers printable (coupon is found under “rewards” and can be redeemed after entering 100 points; see this post here for two codes worth 50 points each; go to Kellogg’s facebook page daily for more points)

20. kaT says

does anyone know if rainbow is doing the double double up to 10 manf. coupons this 12/1 or is it only up to 5 manf. coupons? thanks

21. Joyce says

The Maplewood Rainbow had a little sign by the customer service counter that said there was an error in Sunday's paper and Saturday should be a double day, not a double double day.

• Terri says

just found the website I hope it is soooo true!

Heads up! This just in and it is totally unbelievable! You would have NEVER of guess it in a million years as Rainbow Foods are giving us another chance at UNLIMITED DOUBLES!

Rainbow Foods is going to have unlimited doubles on Saturday, Dec 8th and Wednesday, Dec 19th. They are also giving us Double Doubles on Dec 15th! There are a few rules though that we need to follow while shopping at Rainbow Foods Grocery stores (sorry Copps / Pick N Save shoppers).

Terri – I have heard the rumor too. In case you (or others) are wondering why we haven't said anything – I'm a huge believer in accuracy of information. I won't report a rumor, but will wait for official confirmation with all the details from an official Roundy's corporate source that I can quote to all of you. When we have that, then we'll let everyone know what the official details are.

• Terri says

oh I agree in accuracy before reporting on the site officially from PYD and I know you would never post anything that is a rumor and not fact. I hope it is true and the rumors will become a reality. Thanks.

• Terri says

not sure what happened with my last post but I know PYD would never post rumors but only facts. I am excited to hear about the rumors and hope it is true however I will wait to officially hear from PYD if the rumors will become reality but it does makes for exciting news!!! Thanks.

FYI: Oranges are listed in my Pick N Save flyer as 79cents. But Aldi's has a better deal of $1.29/4lb bag. The difference may be that PNS has "fancy navel oranges" and Aldi's are just "navel oranges".

I have the same exact problem. I haven't spent much time trying to fix it… I just have to open up IE and copy/paste coupon links… annyoing, but it works, and doens't take too much more time.

24. mnq says

@sophie

i go to SouthernSavers.com, click Coupon Database, then enter the coupon I'm looking for, and if there is one, it usually comes up, telling you the value of the coupon, which insert, date, and expiration date. It's my second fave site besides PocketYourDollars.

25. Erika says

Oh thanks for the response. I sometimes need to do 2 transcations but certainly never need to do more than 7 :-) Thanks for the clarification.

For us Pick N Save shoppers we always had to Reach the $25 total after using our Roundy's card.. & sale price Then if it reached $25 our coupons would double. It is harder to save.. sometimes it's just cheaper going to Aldis…. with all the restrictions

27. Deb says

There was a big sign at Rainbow in Columbia heights stating that there is indeed going to be unlimited double coupons on the 8th and 19th of December. Yahoo!!!!!!!

28. Ck says

There is a sign at my local Rainbow advertising unlimited doubles Dec 8th and 19th. I took a picture but can't upload it here

29. jo says

THANK YOU for your conservation! I use your site religiously because 1 – content and 2 – facts are checked before reporting. If your information was bogus I wouldn't come back. Lots of site are filled with garbage meant only excite people and provide a forum to whine. Yours isn't so. Thanks for your professionalism!

30. Maria says

Coupon beeped for me but the manager pushed it through. There were also peelies on the boxes for buy 2 boxes get $1.00 off soup, but the manager said I couldn't use that coupon with my $1.50 coupons.. not sure why since the $1.00 is off the soup.