CVS Shopping List 11/18 – 11/21/12

This has to be the best ad we have seen for CVS, even when compared to Black Friday ads from previous years. Over 30 items are free or better than free after Extra Bucks, most of which require no coupons. In addition, you can find a large variety of items for under $1, including deodorant, black olives, shampoo, aspirin, and more.

Notice the ad only runs through Wednesday with another 3-day ad being released later in the week. We will post those coupon matchups when the second ad is available. Others who have seen a preview of the second ad say you will find the most deals during the 4-day sale at the beginning of the week.

If you’re new to CVS, your first step is to learn the ins and outs of the Extra Bucks program and learn how to read this shopping list. For those who use reusable bags, you may want to buy a green bag tag.

And if you regularly purchase beauty products at CVS, I recommend enrolling in the CVS Extra Care Beauty Club, which is free to join. As a member, you will receive $3 Extra Bucks on your birthday in addition to other opportunities for free Extra Bucks. Read this post to find out more.

Remember that this is a starting list of deals for the week. We will update this list as readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store, we get emails with deal ideas or we read about other deals across the blogosphere. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week at CVS?

Comments

1. Greg says

Can you get all of the CVS free deals in one visit, or is there a limit. Didn't see anything in the ad. Also, if you use a manufacturer coupon, does the value of the coupon go on your card along with the Extrabucks?

• Katie says

We did all of them in one transaction, so no limit on how many different deals per transaction, but there is a per item limit of 1 on most items. The value of the coupon does not go on your card and neither does the extrabucks. The manQ comes off your total and the ExtraBucks print at the end of the transaction on your receipt.

• JoAnna says

It is easier in all one trip but if you split it up into 2 trips (or 2 transactions) you can use the ECBs from one transaction to help pay for the next transaction. Less out of pocket and less ECBs to hold onto for the next trip.

2. kris t. says

I'd suggest going to CVS earlier in the week rather than later. I was there this afternoon (Sunday) and already some of the free after xtrabucks items were gone. My CVS in Eagan had most of the items grouped together at the front door.

3. AsUntoTheLord says

Are they giving rain checks for these items, unless otherwise noted? I know last year they gave RCs but the items never were carried again. Looks like many of these items are pretty standard stock, yay!

• kris t. says

Hmm..that I'm not sure of. I did notice that they had items in their regular places in the store. For instance, the Scooby gummies were gone at the front display, but when I went into the food aisle there were some in their usual place.

• GinaG says

I received a raincheck last night for the Kraft Mac N Cheese and the Scooby gummies, because they normally stock them. If the CVS does not normally stock it, no raincheck is given.

4. Bonnie says

Check your emails before heading – I just got a $4 off a $20 purchase – wish I had had that yesterday when buying my i tunes christmas gift cards!

5. Amy says

Hey everyone there was a coupon print out from the CVS coupon machine that was 3 dollars off any playtex tampons it would go nicely with the manu coupon from this week!

6. Sue says

I asked the Midway CVS manager if they took expired CVS or man coupons. He told me that if they didn't beep, they would accept them. Does anyone know if expired coupons beep when used at a CVS that accepts expired coupons? Thank you in advance.

7. Brock says

Got most of what I wanted of the free stuff last night. With the $4 off $20 coupon along with a few other manufacturer coupons, I spent $18 and got $24 back in ExtraBucks. My receipt with all of them was probably 8 feet long.

8. Amy R says

Buy 2 Neutrogena Cosmetics (excludes clearance), Get $8 Extra Bucks (Limit 1)

I got (2) Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick Treatment Concealer for $7.79 each (cheapest item I found), used (2) $2/1 face product coupon & got $8 ECB back = $1.79 each after coupons and ECB.

It depends on when your CVS restocks items (aka when the truck comes in). One of the CVS stores near me restocks on Thursdays so the best day to go is actually Friday or Saturday.