Cub Foods Shopping List 11/11 – 11/17/12

As of April 15, Cub Foods changed their coupon policy. You can read Cub Foods’ new coupon policy, but the most notable change is that they only accept expired coupons up to 30 days past their expiration date.

In addition to the coupons found in the weekly newspaper and online, Cub has also started to offer manufacturer’s eCoupons that you can add to your My Cub Rewards card online and to save money at the register. You can learn more about their eCoupons by reading this post.

Remember that this is a starting list of deals for the week. As readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store or we get emails with deal ideas, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Your turn: What other deals did you spot this week?

Comments

1. Diane says

Would it be possible to use the $3 butterball coupon plus get the $10 coupon at register if you bought the correct combination of products?

• Joy says

Yes, I just did it. Pay attention, the Cub coupon scans but the cashier needs to bring it down manually (which was not done). I had to go back to Customer Service, but I got a free turkey by referring to their own policy!

2. Angie says

I had my first negative couponing experience today at Cubs. I used one of your links for the Mrs. Smith pies, printed 2x and intended to purchase two. The teller said he could not accept a photocopied coupon. I told him it wasn't photocopied, it was printed without color. He insisted it was photocopied, saying the o's (If I remember correctly) in the miniprint outlining the coupon were not coming up and that only happens on a photocopied coupon. I was really embarrassed. I have a printer that only has black ink in it right now and the computer that I purchased with the printer has the printer installed on it and I found I can easily switch to grayscale. Since beginning couponing, my computer has gone caput and I purchased another one. I did not have the cd that installs the printer (though it still recognizes it and I can print). The only drawback I have seen so far is that I can not turn it to grayscale which means that when I print a coupon, only the black ink portions show.

Any advice?

• Alison says

I never print my coupons i color (too expensive). I would try a different cashier the next time you're in Cub. The other thing you can show is that each coupon has different numbers under the black rectangle on the right side of the coupons. If you had copied them these would be the same.

3. Jenny says

I'm sure I'm crazy but there are several 'in-ad Cub Coupons' I'm not seeing …i.e. Redi-Whip, Mrs. Rhodes rolls ….??

You know what they are? They are in-store Cub coupons found in a second flyer that is available in literature racks. We made the list using an online ad and didn't realize which ones would actually come *in* the paper. We'll update the language on the list.

4. ann says

am kinda confused. so if I buy a 10 lb turkey and 4 nestle items is this enough or do I have to spend $25 after the price of the turkey?

5. Cassie says

Has anyone ever had any luck with the B1G1 coupons being used in conjunction with the B1G1 sale at Cub? A while back I tried it with the Yakisoba noodles and they told me that they do not honor deals like that where both products would be free after a store promotion and coupon. I woule love to stock up on the dog treats, but want to make sure the deal would work first. Any advice…?

• Jenny says

I tried the dog treat deal today with no luck. Everyone involved insisted that since I wasn't actually buying any, I couldn't use the coupon. So ….I wouldn't hold your breath, even with the 'policy' because they wouldn't honor it for me regardless.

However, Target has a better deal on them this week anyway. They are on sale (same size bag) for $2.50. Plus when I gave the cashier the coupon, it automatically takes the $3.75 (max coupon value). I told her about it, since it should have been only $2.50 but she said she couldn't change it. Either way–better deal at Target.

6. carol says

For the Sierra Mist 2-liter deal, there is a $1 off 3 q (expired 10/20/12) from I believe the Pepsi Moments to Save insert (don't remember which date), which would make that a better deal.

7. Joy says

I ran into this once at WalMart as I also use black and white printed coupons. The o's may be the same, but the bar card numbers are different. Once the cashier saw the different numbers, she accepted them. Obviously, if the numbers are different the coupon isn't copied.

Even after using cubs coupon from the book ad you still can buy powered sugar and brown sugar cheaper at aldi's. However I wouldn't go there just for that . I stop there when I go by one in my travels.

And what does it mean when this site wants you to fill out "the website ", in addition to all the other info when you are sending a comment to this site?

9. cassie says

I do not think the $0.50/2 Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix and Ready To Spread Frosting printable is available anymore :(

10. alissa says

The "website" field is just a place where the commenter is able to enter their website's address. For example, when Carrie comments she enters "www.pocketyourdollars.com." This way, if you mouse-over her name (where it says "Carrie Rocha says:") you'll see that if you click on the link it will take you to PYD. It's just another, completely optional, way to identify yourself.

Hope that helps :)

11. Josh says

I don't shop at Cub nearly as much as at Rainbow but this Butterball deal could potentially be amazing. (especially if I can find one of those Corona/Butterball rebate slips)

Here is my plan:

Buy 1 10 lb. Butterball turkey – $10.90

Buy 4 Carnation evaporated milks – $5.00

Buy 1 $20 dollar Cub gift card – $20.00

Use 2 $0.50/2 Carnation coupons

Pay: $34.90 and get back a $10 dollar catalina as well as have a $20 cub gift card to use in the future(and then hopefully finding a Carona/Butterball $5 rebate slip making for a COMPLETELY FREE Turkey!)

Would Cub foods let me buy a $20 gift card to meet the "additional $25 purchase" requirement???

12. Cookie says

I was able to get the rebate form for the $5.00 on the Butterball turkey today at the Cub food liquor store. I had to ask for it They had them behind the register. It states:

Buy any one Butterball Fresh or Frozen Whole Turkey, cost of Butterball item must exceed $5.50

Fill in & Send: This completed form, UPC codes below, and original cash register receipt with the price of Butterball item circled.

Receive: A $5.00 refund check. In bold lettering it also states: No Beer Purchase Necessary.

Expires 12/30/2012

Must be postmarked by 1/14/13.

• Josh says

Thanks for that! Will ask at the cub foods liquor store in WSP.

Now if only I knew if I could buy a cub foods gift card to meet the additional purchase requirements. Will find out tomorrow I guess!

13. Terri says

I was at Cub in Rogers tonight and the only dog treats they had on sale for b1g1 were the beggen strips for $12.75. Has anyone found the 6 oz. size at Cub that are b1g1? Thanks!

• Josh says

I didn't ask. I just bought the turkey and the carnation and said I wanted to buy a $20 cub gift card and then I handed over my coupons and got a $10 catalina with no issues whatsoever.

There was an Issue trying to get the Corona/Butterball rebate however. I first asked at the Cub Foods liquor store and the guy looked at me like I was crazy and said he had never heard of it and that he was sure they didn't have it after I showed him the ad. I then went to customer service and she had never heard of it either but went over to the liquor store herself and ended up finding it.

• Jamie says

I have found these kind of rebate slips at the regular Cub stores by the meat that is on rebate. I plan on asking the meat department if I don't see it there.

14. Amanda says

I inquired at the Savage store, but they do not have a cub food liquor store at that location. I then stopped at the Burnsville Cub Liquor Store on my why to work, only to be told that they haven't gotten the rebate forms in yet. They were kind enough to give me a $5.00 Cub gift card…so essentially, if you apply the $10.00 store coupon I got for buying turkey, 2 nestle carnation milk, and 2 nestle chocolate chips to the 10 lb turkey…I got paid $5 to buy the turkey after store coupon, gift card, and money off future purchase. Very pleased with their customer service.

15. lori says

I thought I read somewhere that you could also find a $5.00 rebate for Butterball on their website. If you use the $5.00 off $25.00 store coupon, get the 10.00 back and then submit for the rebate this would be a really good deal!

There are printable coupons for $1/2 Toasteds, $1/2 Cheez-its, $1/2 Club crackers that can be paired with Cub's sale, at Kellogg's Family Rewards:
    Lots of other good coupons there, too, that you'll want to add to the database.

Can I just say how excited I am that Toasteds are finally on sale? I was willing to even pay $2 for them, I love 'em so much, and I think the last time I got a fantabulous deal ($1/box) was right before Christmas last year.