Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save Shopping List 10/7 – 10/13/12

If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read Roundy’s (Rainbow Foods, Copps, and Pick N Save’s) coupon policy before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

If you shop at Copps and your ad doesn’t match the items mentioned in this shopping list, then check out what we saw for sales last week.

Two things to remember about this list of deals. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, it is a starting list: as we learn of more deals whose final price is low enough, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

Comments

1. Christina says

Last weeks ad for Copps says the buy $20 get $6 deal on Progresso Soup, Clorox, fiber one is valid through 10/24. I don't see that listed here. Is that not the case for Rainbow?

2. Jennifer says

Dannon Danimals (4-6 pk.), Activia (4 pk.) or Light & Fit or Dannon (24-32 oz.) $2.00

$0.75/1 Dannon Activia 4 pk. from 9/16 Smart Source insert

$1/1 Activia Breakfast Blend printable

$0.75/1 Danimals Crunchers printable

Final price: As low as free after doubled coupon

I cannot see the $1 mfr coupon any more.

3. Jennifer says

wonder what is that "$1.50 Pink-Support the Cure Apparel " when you buy 10 Yoplait yogurts. Is it a rr like the others (i.e., works on anything)?

• Jennifer says

Okay, I see that the $1.5 is for the clothing displaying in the ad. so unless you really want those clothing. No go for me.

• mary says

Bobbi – It looks like they're no longer available. There IS a new $0.60/1 Fiber One Bar printable. I updated the list. Thanks!

4. Tracy says

I'm not finding this coupon:

$1/1 Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Product printable

Also on the Lipton Pure Leaf how come your final total doesn't take off the $1/2 coupon doubled?

Thanks for the list!!

• mary says

Tracy – You can either use the manufacturer coupon or the SavingStar ecoupon, but not both. The best price is if you do the SavingStar deal.

• Katherine says

I didn't find any Total coupons either, or any coupons for the Silk Fruit & Protein (I may have printed some). But Love the List–a better week than the last two weeks, for me. Thanks so much!!

5. Jill Pearson says

I don't think you can use 1/2 gm cereal coupon w/ the 1.98 deal. none of the cereals on the coupon are on sale.

6. Dia says

Is 1.99 a good price for Honeycrisp Apples? It seems really expensive but I don't want to miss the season. Will they come down in price?

• Katherine says

Seems like I remember one week last fall they were on sale for 99c at Rainbow, but that was the lowest price they got down to. This year may be different.

7. Rachel says

I can't find the Jif Hazelnut spread coupon. I've looked three times through Coupons.com. Am I just missing it?

8. Amy says

Hey the sale for the baking mixes have something else good with the deal it includes a free bottle of Roundy's Veg Oil if you buy the 5 I think so it might make a sweeter deal with the promotion.

9. andy says

hi just wanted to give ppl a heads up that it looks like there might b some really big changes to the coupon policy at( pns) at least starting 11/01.I am not sure of all the details but i was kind of given a heads up that they will b limiting the number of transactions per person per day not just by card.I dont have all the details all i have is a reliable source that informed me it would b comming i hope that they r wrong.I hate change!I was wondering if anyone else had heard this that is also y i posted it.Thank you for all the hard work u put into your site thanks to you i have saved thousands of dollars this year!

• musher123 says

I have a new coupon policy for pick and save that cooperatessent the changes include 3 transactions , rainchecks will be a limit of five items per house hold per day and before gift cards

10. Sylvia says

I've been out of couponing for awhile. I was just wondering, like Andy mentioned, whether Rainbow is limiting transactions? I used to be able to go through and have about five transactions. Also, is Cub really limiting their coupons? Where do I find this stuff on this site? Thank you.

11. Stephanie says

For the – Betty Crocker Specialty or Mashed Potatoes $0.98 (Must Buy 5) deal, there is a $0.50/2 coupon on http://www.everydaysaver.com/. It only let me print this once, however. This should make them $0.48 each after coupon (you have it at $0.58).

12. Stephanie says

For the Lean Cuisine Meals $2.50 deal, there is a $1.00/2 coupon on Coupons.com for the Savings Club members, making them $1.50 each after doubled coupon. These typically go for $2.00 or less during other sales, so I'll be holding on to the coupon for a few weeks to wait for a price drop.

• KathyJ says

I was wondering about the cut back items as well. The Roundy's gallon milk rang up at 2.99 the other day & the Hormel bacon does not appear to be on cut back.

13. Jenny says

The rumors have been out for several weeks about the policy changes coming our way for Rainbow/Coops/PNS we are just waiting on the details to be published so we know for sure what they will be. I know Chris has been in contact with someone at Roundys but so far no confirmation on the changes from them.

• alexis says

I work at a Copps and some of these rumors are being heavily considered. As employees we have been told that we are changing the policy sometime with in the next month

14. Drew says

Target has Honeycrisp 3lb bags for $4.99, so $1.66/lb. They were small size apples though, not the giant honeycrisps you can sometimes get.

15. Kathi says

I put coupon machines up this week in my Rainbow stores in front of Pillsbury Toaster Strudel. The coupons are for $1 off 2. I noticed they are on sale 3/$6 so $2 a piece so they would just be $1 a piece after a doubled coupon. I don't buy this product, but that seemed like a decent price to me.

16. Lynn says

Does anyone think the Chunky soups will get lower than what they are this week? I'm hesitant to stock up for fear that they'll get cheaper soon.

Also, I did find a $1/2 MF coupon I think from a Quaker site for "any 2 different Quaker items". I'm thinking it will work on the granola bars, huh?

17. melissa says

The Mama Francesca coupon was refused. It has no watermark. Even my cashier who sees me every week said it looked like a xerox.

18. Melissa S says

A couple deals to take note of:

Softscrub cleanser, $3.12. use the $1 off coupon from their facebook page to get it for $1.12

Food Should Taste Good chips, use the $2.50 ea, use the $1 off coupon from their facebook page to get them for $.50.

19. sarah says

I did the GM deal today and the $5 produce coupon didn't print, so make sure you get yours. I went to customer service and it still didn't work so it looks like they have a system issue.

20. Nancy says

Hi, everyone. Does anyone know if we can use coupons that are printed on color paper? Does stores/manufacture accept colored coupons? I ran out of paper and was desperate to print out the coupon before it was sold out and had nothing but pink paper. Thank you.

• mary says

Ellen – Here's what it says on their website:

When and how will I know that I’ve received my savings?

All savings will be posted to your SavingStar account within 2-30 days, allowing you to track exactly how much you’ve saved over time. We’ll also send you an email to alert you when your savings post.

21. Jen says

Just wanted to mention that at the Lakeville Rainbow, the Progresso soups were marked 2/$3.00 not $1.25 as mentioned above. Just a head's up. Still a great deal, and it's my husband's favorite soup so he'll be greeted with 16 cans of Progresso when he gets home from work tonight. =)

$6 reward printed without a problem and I rolled it right over to help pay for my second transaction so it worked out great!

22. Kelly says

Most stores have signs up that you can only do two transactions at a time. You can go to the car and then come back in and do two more transactions.

23. Charisia says

Hunt's Tomato Sauce 15 oz can is on sale for $.76 through 11-4. There are coupons out there for $1.00/4 making the cans $.26 each!!

Our q's in Minnespolis were for $.40/3 making them $.49 each.

24. Drew says

I did both of the GM deals and I got the $5 catalinas.

The deals are only for the specific items shown in the ad.

I made sure I got the Toaster Strudels instead of Toaster Scrambles for example, because even though they are both $2, only the Strudels are shown in the ad as included.

FYI, both the breakfast and dinner catalinas are actually the same, "$5 off purchase of produce or meat". Makes me wonder if you could actually buy $20 of any combination and still get the cat.

25. Drew says

I've experienced that it usually takes more than 2 weeks to show up.

One frustration is that there isn't a way to indicate that you have used one of the coupons until the redemption is logged.

Sometimes it is hard to remember for the several weeks, which ones I've used or not.

26. Mikey says

The chunky soups were 8/$10 a couple of weeks ago at Byerly's and with coupons I think I paid about .82 or .86/can. Needless to say, that was my stock up price. I see Cub had them on sale recently too, but not as good a price as Byerly's. I used to think Byerly's was pricey, but it helps to know your prices so when there is a good deal you can stock up.

27. Kris L says

Jen,

I was going to post the same thing! $1.50 each in Maple Grove. Still a great deal. Still bought 16 cans, used 4 coupons and the $6 reward printed no problem!

-Kris

28. Annette says

Just a heads up, I did the P&G spend $35 get a $10 mail in rebate print out and it did not print out. I was on my lunch break, so I did not have time to take it up with anyone, but I was wondering if anyone else has run into that. I spent after coupons, $43.95 on Pampers. Do I take it up with rainbow, or P&G? Thanks!

29. Steve says

I noticed the $3/gallon for Roundy's milk yesterday, too. Also, Yoplait yogurt cups used to be on sale regularly for 50 cents each – yesterday they were on sale for 65! Maybe we're seeing the price increases for dairy products as a result of the Midwest drought.

30. Christina says

On the General Mills deals to get the $5 coupons is that before or after Roundy's card? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

31. Charisia says

I did this deal two weeks ago with the Aussie $3/2 mq. My total after q's was around $15. I wonder if they have changed it and made the $35 to be before q's??

32. Drew says

I am the same Drew from above.

I just got my SavingStar rebates added from my Wednesday transactions.

So just 32 hours from redemption to credit!

Maybe they are getting to things quicker now?

33. Drew says

Not a stupid question, but maybe worded confusingly? I am not sure how the Roundys card changes it.

I did a transaction for both the "breakfast" and "dinner" deals, and got the $5 coupons.

I had almost exactly $20 before coupons and definitely less than $20 after coupons and it worked fine. With buying the 8 GM cereals at $1.98 sale price each, you are already at $16 so just need a few cans of biscuits to get to the $20.

34. Jen says

Just wondering if anyone knows the prices for the Pompeian Olive Oil by chance? I've never purchased this brand. Is it a higher-end or more moderately priced brand?

• Elizabeth says

At my rainbow in Coon Rapids it was on sale for 7 dollars or 9, I can't remember exactly. It is more expensive than others that I do know.

• sherry says

Jen:

I bought the Pompeian olive oil last time it was on sale, but I have not been very happy with it. I didn't think it was as good as Bertolli, Capelli or some of the others. Even my teen daughters commented that it wasn't as good. I bought a different brand earlier this week instead.

35. Mary says

Will the coupon work on the McCormick Seasoning or Marinade that are on sale this week? The picture shows McCormick products on plastic bottles.

36. Deb says

I used the 3 dollar off 3 McCormick spices today on 3 small bottles of Cinnamon. They were 1.56 normal price so down to .56 each after coupon. I use a lot of cinnamon this time of year for baking and that is a pretty good price for that brand.

37. Shelly says

Unless your Rainbow is different than West End, the Honeycrisp are NOT local. They are from Washington. This is true of Target as well. Personally, I think there is a huge difference in taste, and I only purchase from Byerlys or Cub since their Honeycrisps are local. This is Byerly's week for the Honeycrisp sale (through Wednesday) – $2.49 per lb and so delicious. Plus the e-mail coupon gives you the first lb free, so that brings the price right down!

38. Nancy says

Thank you, Anne and Val. It's nice to know that it is accepted and that I'm not the only one using colored coupons! Hahaha!

39. Kristen says

Don't know if anyone will reply b/c the week is over but….I did two GM deals and bought exactly the same thing on each transaction. I got the $5 coupon on one but not the other. I went to customer service and they said you had to spend $20 AFTER coupons. I bought 10 toaster strudel (no scramble) for exactly $20 but used 5 coupons so it cost $10. One time I got the$5 off coupon and the second time I didn't. At first I thought I got lucky the one time but now am wondering if customer service was wrong????

Susan – I don't think there's a Rainbow Foods in Roseau, but you can still read Pocket Your Dollars to find other online deals, participate in Open Mic, get shopping lists for nationwide stores (Target, Walmart, etc.) and more. Hope this helps!

41. Kristen says

Yes. All the same. The coupons were all from the dispenser. Kind of strange. Like I said, not sure if I was lucky to get one $5 q or unlucky in not getting two?? Still a good price. Seems like some other comments were that they spent $20 but after coupons it was lower than $20 and they got the $5 coupon.