CVS Shopping List 10/7 – 10/9/12

CVS will have two different ads this week. The first will only be valid through Tuesday, October 9, while the second will be valid from Wednesday, October 10, through Saturday, October 13. We’ll post the coupon matchups for the second ad once it becomes available.

If you’re new to CVS, your first step is to learn the ins and outs of the Extra Bucks program and learn how to read this shopping list. For those who use reusable bags, you may want to buy a green bag tag.

And if you regularly purchase beauty products at CVS, I recommend enrolling in the CVS Extra Care Beauty Club, which is free to join. As a member, you will receive $3 Extra Bucks on your birthday in addition to other opportunities for free Extra Bucks. Read this post to find out more.

Remember that this is a starting list of deals for the week. We will update this list as readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store, we get emails with deal ideas or we read about other deals across the blogosphere. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week at CVS?

Comments

1. JoAnna says

Anyone have an opinion on Pantene's quality? I have had 2 hairdressers say it is not high quality (though I know they would prefer I buy the fancy brands they sell).

• Denise says

I only use conditioner for my hair (shampoo is too drying.) I do like some of the Pantene Restorative conditioners in my hair on occasion. I also like the John Frieda line, especially the ones in the red bottles. I have tried most of the fancy salon products and don't find them to be all that special in my hair. At least not enough to spend the money on them. (I have very dry, curly hair that tends to frizz at the slightest provocation.) But, I have to say that I am a Wen girl, who uses store bought stuff a couple of times a week to stretch my Wen a little cause it's $$$$$! Hope that helps a little.

• ShannonS says

I forgot the exact thing they put in Pantene that makes it not the best for your hair. I have colored hair and my hair was much nicer when I stopped using Pantene.

I don't know what your budget is, but I have found that I can make the small bottle of good shampoo last for a very long time (over a year) I buy mine at Ulta using their coupons and sales. I figured out it costs me just about 1.00 a month or less to use the good stuff when I buy it there and don't wash everyday. I just got the liters in the sale and hope they last even longer. To shake things up I buy smaller sizes of other hair stuff so I can change and my hair won't go wonky.

• Alison says

its probably the sulfate that makes it so drying. I go thru Melaluca for my hair products. You can get hair products eqaulivent to Paul Mitchell for about 5.00 a bottle.

2. melissa says

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor or Styler Kit for $9.99, Get $5 Extra Bucks (Limit 1)

$4/1 Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor from 10/7 Red Plum insert

Spend $5.99, get $5 Extra Bucks back

Final price: $1.99 after coupon and Extra Buck

9.99-5.00 = 4.99 $4.99- $4/1 mq net cost of.99

3. Jessica says

@Jill Pearson, what was so rude? If you are going to yell like that on a page like this the only person that seems rude is you.

• Jill Pearson says

People are so rude. I was trying to get something that was locked, and she was standing by there also and I went to get somebody to get it out for me, and some how popped it open to get it before I did.

4. dee says

Some CVS started a new Aisle of Cheap stuff it is not advertised.

2.49 for a 18 gallon tote

.25 for 3 wasclothes

.25 for a take with you alarm clock

My sister in law got a 5 piece cookwear set for $2.47 just thought I would tell you.

5. Sara says

I am really just using whatever I can get for less than $1 right now. Pantene was my brand before I started couponing and I was happy with it. I however rarely treat or dye my hair. I really just wanted to post that Target has a better price on the bigger bottles this week—- if you have multiple inserts. I think it was $1.10 for the larger bottles. Hope this helps somebody! Thanks for all you do PYDers!

I color my hair and switched recently to L'Oreal EverPure shampoo and conditioner. It's sulfate free and I'm amazed by how much better my hair looks and how much longer the color stays without fading!

6. Hannah says

Honestly, I hate using Pantene. I believe there is an ingredient that makes your hair feel waxy- its the stuff that "coats" your hair from what they say in the commercial. I like Fructise a lot, but would really prefer to buy salon products- I only buy those when there's a good sale. I also have dry curly hair and have been thinking about doing Wen- apparantly you can buy it at Sephora now, and I hear it's a pain to buy it through the Wen website…maybe I'll try it!

7. Amy L says

I like Pantene a lot but I have noticed a change in my hair since I started dying it. So I tried the Color Stay one and it's OK but the one that works best in my hair is Smooth and Sleek. I'll just keep getting hair dye at steal prices to keep dying my hair more if I see it fading…I have a six month supply as it is right now!!

8. JoAnna says

I received more hair care comments than I expected–thanks for the input :) Maybe I will post the same question for Thursday's open mic to see what info/opinions I receive.