Cub Foods Shopping List 10/7 – 10/13/12

As of April 15, Cub Foods changed their coupon policy. You can read Cub Foods’ new coupon policy, but the most notable change is that they only accept expired coupons up to 30 days past their expiration date.

Remember that this is a starting list of deals for the week. As readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store or we get emails with deal ideas, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Your turn: What other deals did you spot this week?

Comments

1. Crystal says

Essential salad dressing was$2.99 pre coupon at my store. Also there is a 55 cent off 1 chi chi tortillas on coupons.com

2. Annette says

Is there a final say on the $5 off of $50? Your list states its before coupons are applied, but readers in the past report it is after? Thanks so much!

• JoAnna says

It is up to the manager at your store. If the cashier says after coupons try the manager and/or service desk.

• Amanda says

Annette, read my post responding to Diana's question. I have never had a problem giving this coupon first…I actually am able to use both the $6 off $70 recyclebank coupon first, then the $5 off $50 store coupon, then manufacture coupons, then store coupons. I shop at several different Cubs and have never had an issue.

3. Molly says

I checked out the Kookamunga deal when I was at Cub last week. This promo was only good for games through the end of August, so it is no longer valid!

4. Molly says

Oops -my apologies. The kookamunga deal was good for only one game on September 17, 2012. Regardless, it is still no longer valid!

5. jan says

The Nestle Fun Size Candy coupon in Sundays ad is a manufacture coupon so one cannot use the printable one from coupons.com and price should be 2/4.00

6. Diana says

Could someone explain how Cub calculates the $50 spent on their $5 off $50. For instance would both items count on a BOGO. Do they use sale or shelf prices. I am assuming it is $50 before manufacturers coupons.

• Amanda says

It is based on sale price UNLESS you have a store coupon, then ithe $50 is based on that particular item's shelf price. If you don't need a store coupon ti get a bogo, then you should only count one price as the the total will adjust down after the cashier hits the "total" button. When it is something like the gold'n plump chicken breasts that they sometimes have on sale for BOGO free that requires a coupon, both those packages count towards your $50 because the total won't be adjusted down until after you present your store coupon. Make sure that you hand over the $5 off $50 coupon first, then manufacture coupons, lastly the store coupon. That way you are for sure at $50 and if you have any coupons to use on both the item you are buying and the free item, the computer will still recognize that you purchased 2 itmes. Hope this makes sense.

7. Joel says

Is there a link to the Weight Watchers Smart Ones catalina offer? I bought 20 boxes of them on my last trip and after I paid I only received one catalina good for $2.25 off my next trip . Not the $4.00 per every 10 like it states above.

• JoAnna says

The $4 Weight Watchers offer is listed in Cub's ad for this wk. If you buy 10 and it doesn't print then you can show customer service their own ad. But, if you buy 20 only one $4 will print. To get 2 you would need separate transactions.

• Joel says

Thanks I see it in the ad now and not surprisingly I received no instant discount even for the first 10. I have had so many recent pricing mistakes that I notice afterwards at Cub Foods lately that I try to avoid shopping there. I will have to waste my time and gas now to go back to the store and talk to customer service. Thanks for your help.

• mary says

Joel – I would suggest taking your receipt back to the store. It is listed in the store ad that can be found at the entrance of most stores and on page 5 of the online ad. Customer service can hopefully correct the issue for you.

8. Josh says

"DiGiorno Original Pizza – Buy 2, Get 1 Free (3/$17.34) (Limit 1 Free)

Use Cub coupon from booklet

Plus, use:

$1/2 DiGiorno Large Pizzas from 9/9 Red Plum insert

Final price: $5.45 each after coupons (this still seems a little high to me)"

—————–

Because it is a high price! Cub charges so much for DiGiorno to begin with that even when they put out a store coupon like this and act like you are somehow getting a good deal you could just go to Walmart and buy a DiGiorno for $4.98 without a coupon! Or you could get them on sale $2/10 at Target this week without a coupon!(and if you buy six of them at Target you could use the 20% off coupon)

You could buy them cheaper than Cub without coupons at walmart any day and if you used the $1/2 coupon from Red Plum they would be $4.48 a piece.

If you purchase 6 of them at Target this week you could do this:

buy 6 = $30

use the 20% off Target coupon when you buy 6 ( – $6)

use 3 $1/2 coupons (- $3)

pay $21 for 6 = $3.50 each

I'm not doing these deals but you all get the point…

CUB FOODS STINKS FOR THE MOST PART! (I haven't even shopped there since the Ken's dressing was free awhile back and that was all I got when I shopped there)

9. Amy says

Red Gold Tomatoes (14.5-15 oz.) $0.88

$1/2 Red Gold Culinary Classics printable

$0.75/3 Red Gold Tomatoes printable

Final price: As low as $0.38 each after coupon (if Culinary Classics is included in sale)

I tried printing the Culinary Classic coupon and it said "not valid in your state." Looks like the Culinary Classics are only sold a Mejers stores.

10. Michelle says

Does anyone know if Cub will accept my expired free milk coupon from Rainbow? It's a manufacturer's coupons that says redeemable at Rainbow. Thanks for your help!

11. Amy says

**UPDATED** Chi-Chi’s Tortillas (12-16 oz.) $1.99

$0.55/1 Chi-Chi’s Tortillas printable

$1/2 Chi-Chi’s Products printable

$1/2 Chi Chi Products printable (Facebook offer)

Final price: As low as $1.44 after coupon

(Thanks, Crystal!)

Just thought I would let anyone who was interested know that the Chi-Chi's Tortillas on sale with this deal includes Whole Wheat! I was really happy. The whole wheat tortillas are often more expensive but they were included in this sale. Yay!

12. Jenni says

I am not sure if they Cub still has the deal, but last week I purchased 2 Mio water enhancers and received a coupon for $1.00 off my next trip compliments of Mio. Are they still having the deal? How does it work, as I thought I had seen something that stated – buy 2 get $1.00 off, buy 3 get ?? off. Does anyone know where I can find out, and also, is it still good? Thanks

• JoAnna says

There were a ton of buy this get this deals last week at Cub and they were advertised as just running those deals last wk so I am guessing the deal is over with now.

13. Leah says

I have a manufacturer's coupon for Buy Two, Get One Free Digiorno pizza. Could I use both the store coupon and the manufacturer's coupon on only 3 pizzas?

14. Amy says

Hey the reason that the prices aren't that good at Cub any more is that they are owned by Supervalu. They bought a chain down in Florida and remodeled it after the Cubs but they didnt realize that Florida is one of the hardest hit area's from a bad economy so that is the reason!

15. Val says

My daughter who lives in Chicago says that Jewel, which is also owned by Supervalu, is also very expensive and hard to find good deals, just like Cub.

16. Debra says

FYI-

None of the toaster studal $1.00 coupons are worth $1.00. the first comes up in Spanish, you can switch to english but it doesn't give you a coupon. The other 3 $1.00 are all .85 cents