Walgreens Shopping List 8/12 – 8/18/12

If you’re new to Walgreens shopping, then learn how the Register Rewards program works and learn how to read this shopping list. Don’t forget that some other stores will accept Register Rewards like a manufacturer’s coupon. Also, it’s a good idea to print out Walgreens’ official coupon policy and keep it with you in case an issue comes up at checkout.

This is a starting list of deals for the week and is not a comprehensive list of every sale item and its coupons, but just the best deals (things at prices I’d actually pay). We will update this list as readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store, we get emails with deal ideas or we read about other deals across the blogosphere. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week, we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Walgreens is the one store where an advertised sale like “2/$4” usually requires you to buy two products. The first one rings at full price and the second product will ring at a lesser price to bring the total to $4, using our example. If you ever question whether you need to buy two to receive a sale price, ask the cashier to scan one item for you. If it rings at full price, then you know you need to buy two products. If it rings at the sale price, then you don’t.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week at Walgreens?

Comments

1. Chris says

Good ‘n Natural Bar (2 oz.) $1.29

Buy 1 and use Free Good ‘n Natural Bar from 8/12 Red Plum insert or

Buy 2 and use Buy 1, Get 1 Free from 6/24 Red Plum insert

Final price: As low as free after coupon

*There's a printable coupon for Free Good 'n Natural Bar on Redplum.com

2. Barb says

Did anyone mention the Chexmix deal? I was there last night and I though they were 2 for 4.00 last week, but they rang up 2 for 3.00 and they spit back a 1.00 RR. Also I know I have had a ton of .50 off of one q's out tehre recently, so I piggybacked, in the end only paid 8.00for 8 bags, and got 2.00 back, so essentially 6.oo for 8 bags. also look for the plain and cheese bags that have an xtra 20% in the package. Is this deal still good all week? Was going to head back later this week if it is.. great deal to stock up when my kiddos head back to school soon.

3. pam says

Your entire post isn't showing up in my google reader…only the first sentence or so. Is that what you wanted? I miss the convenience!

• JoAnna says

I agree it is more convenient when the whole list shows up in Google Reader. I believe it is not PYD's issue though. When the list is long Google Reader does not support the whole list showing up.

Pam – We temporarily switched the feed to excerpts for a short time yesterday to ensure that all of the posts would go through, but it should be back to normal now. I just checked. Hope this helps!

4. Rachel says

At my Walgreen's in Lakeville they had select Pampers Swaddlers and Pull-Ups (Pampers) on clearance. A package priced at $11.99 was marked down to $2.99! Add $1.50 coupon off (from July P&G?) makes for 5 cents a diaper! Pretty good deal…I bought two packages.

5. Sue W. says

I found the Accu-Touch Nano at Walgreens in Marshfield, WI for 9.99, used the $10 off coupon making it free. Grabbed a couple of them, great item to donate!

• Sue W. says

You are right, no tax! I did have to have the cashier adjust the coupon down, which he didn't want to do. Simply showed him the coupon policy :)