Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick ‘n Save Shopping List 8/5 – 8/11/12

If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read Roundy’s (Rainbow Foods, Copps, and Pick ‘n Save’s) coupon policy before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

If you shop at Copps and your ad doesn’t match the items mentioned in this shopping list, then check out what we saw for sales last week.

Two things to remember about this list of deals. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, it is a starting list: as we learn of more deals whose final price is low enough, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

About Carrie Rocha

I am passionate about helping people live within their means so they can get out and stay out of debt. I live in Minneapolis, MN with my husband and two little girls.

Comments

1. My Raibow store has the B2P for $3.99 a pack

2. :)

Honest Tea, 16.9oz, $1.00

Use $1/2 printable coupon (http://www.coupons.com/coupons/?pid=15493&nid=10&zid=yn07&plid=ESCRSS3024&crid=cj1041-n3&varb=394&cid=17414062&afsrc=1)
    Final price: Two Free after doubled coupon.

Mrs. Cubbison’s Croutons, $1.00

Use $1/2 printable coupon (http://mrscubbisons.com/promotions/latest-promotions.php)
    Final price: Two Free after doubled coupon.

Zone Perfect Peanut Butter Nutrition Bars, $.97-1.12

Use $.55/1 coupon from 8/5 SS Insert

Final price: As low as Free after doubled coupon.

PowerBar Pure & Simple Bars, $.50

Use $1/5 printable coupon (http://www.coupons.com)
    Final price: $.10 each after doubled coupon.

Meaty Bone Dog Snacks, $2.50

Use $1/1 printable coupon (http://www.coupons.com)
    Final price: $.50 after doubled coupon.

Met-Rx Big 100 or Protein Plus Bars, $1.66

Use $2/2 coupon from 8/5 RP Insert

Final price: $.66 each after coupon.

Weight Watchers Ice Cream Bars, Cones or Sandwiches, 6-12ct, $4.00

Use $1/1 printable coupon (http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?bt=wg&tqnm=xfxafna47091905&o=99495&c=WW&p=9IfTFi6h)
    Final price: $2.00 after doubled coupon.

***

G.U.M. Toothbrushes, $.98

Use $1/2 coupon from 8/5 SS Insert

Final price: Two Free after doubled coupon

Purell Hand Sanitizer, 8-12oz, $2.00

Use $1/1 coupon from August Family Fun magazine, $1/1 coupon from August All You magazine, or $1/1 coupon from 7/29 SS Insert, or $1/1 printable coupon (http://www.purell.com/about-us/purell-coupons-promotions.aspx), or $1/3 coupon from 7/29 SS Insert or $1/3 printable coupon (http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?bt=wg&tqnm=yjxjalx58128595&o=94136&c=PR&p=Q6hXax1V).
    Final price: As low as Free after doubled coupon.

Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser, $1.50

Use $.55/1 printable coupon (http://www.coupons.com) or $.55/1 printable coupon (http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?bt=wg&tqnm=xclkece42127302&o=99485&c=HB&p=35M1gQ2W).
    Final price: $.40 after doubled coupon.

Orajel Training & Toddler Toothpaste, $2.99

Use $1/1 coupon from 5/6 SS Insert, $1/1 printable coupon (http://www.orajel.com/coupons.aspx) or $1/1 printable coupon (http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=PPB5D5DSBKOM4) or $1/1 printable coupon (http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=6UG6EQ6Z5VVFW)
    Final price: $.99 after doubled coupon.

• There's also a $2/2 Met-Rx Big 100 Bars and a $2/2 Met-Rx Protein Plus Bars printable coupons, both on redplum.com.

3. For the “Buy 10 Participating Products with Roundy’s Rewards Card, Save $5 Instantly” deal, here’s a good scenario for cheap Lysol products:

**Deal Idea**

Buy two Lysol Disinfectant Spray for $1.49 each

Buy four Lysol Wipes for $1.49 each

Buy two Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaners for $1.49 each

Buy two Waggin’ Train Dog Treats for $2.49 each

Use two $.50/1 Lysol Disinfectant coupons, two $.50/2 Lysol Wipes coupons, two $.25/1 Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner coupons, and one $3/2 Waggin’ Train coupon (only 5 of the coupons will double).

Spend $4.15 after doubled coupons, coupons, and instant $5 savings. Then submit for $1.49 MIR for free Lysol wipes (found in 8/5 SS Insert) wyb 3 Lysol products.

Final price: $2.66 for everything ($.27/item).

• I received the following catalina at checkout at PNS last week:

Buy Nature Valley Granola Bars (5ct or larger) or Nature Valley Granola Thins between 8/6/12 and 9/2/12:

Buy(3) get $1 OYNO

Buy (4) get $2 OYNO

Buy (5) get $3OYNO.

That sweetens the GM Cereal/granola bar deal of spend $30, get $10 gas card!

• menards in elk river had lysol no touch hand soap for $3.50 I used 2 -$3 mq from inserts 8/5 making them only .50 each and then bought lysol wipes at walgreens for 2/5.00 for the free wipes offer also found in this sunday's paper

4. With the Gum micro tip or super tip toothbrush on sale for 98 cents, using the 55 cents off any Gum oral care product q from the 8/5 insert (sorry – I clipped it out before checking which one) doubled makes that purchase free.

5. Old Orchard Juice is $2.99 at my PnS

6. Is $.99 a pound good for chicken drumsticks. I have never bought them that way. Only boneless chicken breasts, but my daughter wants to make some so I thought I might pick them up if it is a good price.

7. Jill Pearson says:

is there any more double double coming up?

8. The oreo cookie coupon (nabisco) coupon in the MPLS Smart Source 8/5 is 1.00 off 2 not .75 as shown above.

9. Great deal on expiring Common Kindness coupons for Quaker soft baked cookies. They were 1.69 per package and used the 1/2 coupons from common kindness. I just checked and they still have these select packages at 1.69 (at my Rainbow) so keep an eye out to use these expiring coupons. Here’s another $1/2 any Quaker product bricks coupon http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?bt=vi&tqn

Checked a few stores online and it looks like alot of stores are doing this in-store special.

10. Jenny Trainor says:

I think the Huggies slip on diapers coupon expired on the 4th. Did I miss another one or was this just an accident? Thanks for your hard work ladies! You ROCK!

11. Yeah, Chris is back. Missed you!

12. Remember a few weeks back when it seemed that every Saturday was a Double Double. *sigh* I miss that. :)

13. Chinet Crystal Cups, 18-25ct, $2.69-2.79 (varies by store)

Chinet Colors Lunch Plates, 36ct, $2.89-2.99 (varies by store)

Use $1/1 printable coupon (https://www.facebook.com/MyChinet/app_214199038637199) or $1/1 printable coupon (http://www.mychinet.com/club/join).

14. Mennen Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick or Teen Spirit Antiperspirant $2.00 (this is part of the $30 Kimberly-Clark/Colgate-Palmolive promotion through 8/25).

**There’s a possible $1/1 coupon coming in this Sunday’s paper 8/12. If we get that coupon here, it would make a great deal on Speed Stick if you have multiple inserts, or if you buy coupons on ebay. Before 8/25, buy 15 deodorants @ $2.00 each and use 15 coupons (5 would double). Your final price would be $0.00, after the $10 coupon good on your next order (it would just cost tax + the cost of acquiring coupons). It would be an even better deal if there’s a DDD before 8/25!

15. The general mills deal is a bit confusing so I went to the website for a list of eligible products for the gas card. They list only the cereal and granola bars as products eligible for this rebate. The ad shows other general mills products. So who are we to believe?????

16. Can anyone tell me what the fine print states on page 11 on the GM Cereal deal & Gas card promotion? I see it is 1.98/box when you buy 8, but there is something in ( ) following the description but it is too blurry online to read it.

I went to the fuelup promotion site and it only shows the cereal/cereal bars as participating products not the yogurt or veggies… so we might have to buy $30 of cereal/cereal bars to get the promotion. Anyone do this deal with the other products yet?

17. Yoplait Greek Yogurt (6 oz.) $1.00

Buy 2 and use $0.50/2 Yoplait Greek Yogurt Cups printable

Final price: $0.50 each after doubled coupon

*There's a $.60/2 printable coupon here (http://www.pillsbury.com/coupons-promotions/)

18. I have not seen this catalina on coupon network, is found elsewhere?

19. I'm getting the following error when trying to print the Yoplait Light with Granola $0.75/1 coupon.

Error : Invalid link! Please check the URL to make sure it is correct.

20. My Waggin' Train $3/2 coupon expired 8/5

21. Kashi Honey Sunshine or Berry Blossoms Cereal, $2.69 (price varies by store)

Use $1/1 printable on Recyclebank (https://www.recyclebank.com/reward/1-00-off-any-1-kashir-honey-sunshiner-or-berry-blossomsr-cereal-6369)
    Final price: $.69 after doubled coupon.

Kashi Soft Baked Squares, $3.07 (price varies by store)

Use $1/1 printable on Recyclebank (https://www.recyclebank.com/reward/1-00-off-1-kashir-soft-baked-squares-6367)
    Final price: $1.07 after doubled coupon.

Meow Mix Canned Cat Food, $.60

Use $1/6 coupon from 7/8 or 8/5 RP Inserts, or $1/6 printable coupon (http://www.redplum.com)
    Final Price: $.27 each after doubled coupon.

Meow Mix Dry Cat Food, 3-3.5lb bags, $3.99

Use $1/1 printable coupon (https://meowmixcoupon.icmodus.com/RegCoupon.aspx), or $.75/1 coupons from 7/8 or 8/5 RP Inserts

Final price: As low as $1.99 ($.57/lb).

22. Lysol Household Cleaners or Disinfectant Wipes $1.49

*There's another $.50/2 Any Lysol products coupon here (http://registration.rb.com/homesolutionsnews.us/offers/)

• With this new coupon, here's another deal idea for the "Buy 10 Items Save $5 Instantly" promotion for cheap Lysol products (requires 2 computers):

Buy 4x Lysol Disinfectant Spray and 6x Lysol Wipes

Use 4x $.50/1 Lysol Disinfectant Spray coupons and 3x $.50/2 Lysol Wipes coupons (only 5 will double).

Spend $3.90 after doubled coupons, coupons, and instant $5 savings. Then submit for $1.49 MIR for free Lysol wipes wyb Lysol products (from 8/5 SS Insert).

Final price: $2.41 for everything ($.24/item).

23. Can anyone tell me what IS a good price for Pampers jumbo-pack diapers? I often see them on sale for $

24. Melissa S says:

The Best Life Buttery Spread and Belvita/Walmart coupons are out of prints or no longer available.

25. The two $1/1 printable Kikkoman coupons reset for me. I printed them about a month ago (when the catalina deal was running) so if you printed them around the same time too, check again if you can reprint them. Kikkoman are marked down this week to $1.76, according to the website, so they would be free again after doubled coupons.

26. Ban Deodorant Solids, $1.99

Use $1/1 coupon from 8/5 SS Insert.

Final price: Free after doubled coupon.

27. RoseArt Glue, $.68

RoseArt Crayons, 24ct, $.88

Use $1/3 coupon from 7/29 RP Insert

Final price: As low as $.01 for glue or $.21 for crayons.

28. Purell Hand Sanitizer (8-12 oz.) $2.00

*There's a new $1/1 coupon for Purell in September Family Fun magazine (just came in today's mail).

29. Dole Frozen Blueberries, 32 oz bag, $1.99 (reg. $10.29)

Dole Frozen Strawberries, 36 oz bag, $1.99 (reg $7.59)

Sale price, no coupon needed.

30. Snuggle Fabric Softener or Dryer Sheets $3.99

*There's a $1/1 Snuggle 70ct+ coupon (https://www.facebook.com/Snuggle/app_309784865778246)

31. Freschetta Brick Oven Pan Pizza, $3.99 (reg $6.99)

Use $1/1 printable coupon (http://freschetta.com/coupons.htm)
    Final price: $1.99 after doubled coupon.

Edwards Frozen Pies, $5.00 (reg $8.29)

Use $.75/1 from 6/17 SS Insert

Final price: $3.50 after doubled coupon.

32. Beech Nut Stage 2 or 2 ½ Baby Food $0.50

*There's a $1/3 Any Beech-Nut Items coupon (http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=LTHDMQKHQ3IOK)

33. Chobani Greek Yogurt (6 oz.) $1.00 (Copps/Pick ‘n Save only)

Use $0.30/1 Chobani Greek Yogurt printable

Final price: $0.40 after doubled coupon

***Chobani coupons are void in MN and WI !!!

34. Pompeian Grapeseed Oil, 24oz, $1.57-2.09 (varies by store)

Use $1/1 printable coupon (http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=LNOXGC2KSWFYG)
    Final price: As low as Free after doubled coupon.

8th Continent Soymilk, 1/2 gal, $2.99

Use $1/1 printable (http://www.8thcontinent.com/) or $1/1 coupon from 6/3 RP Insert.

Final price: $.99 after doubled coupon.

Nabisco Newtons, $3.00

Use $1/1 printable (https://www.facebook.com/nabiscocookies/app_344901331467)
    Final price: $1.00 after doubled coupon.

• Which Rainbow did you find the great price on the grapeseed oil? It was $4.69 at two stores that I checked

35. The 4pk Yoplait greek yogurt is not included in the GM deal. Only the light granola and the 4 pks of yogurt like pictured.

36. I have also seen this deal with the Fiber One Bars too. Not sure what to believe. I am going to try the Nature Valley ones tomorrow and I will let you know. I was going to get them anyway. :-)

37. coupons.com

38. Thanks Kim. I took the coupon off the list.

39. $3.49 is a great price. I try to not pay more than $4 a jumbo pack.

40. Is that price listed in the ad? I don't see it.

• I see them online. You'll have to check your store(s) website to see if the price is the same. I hopped around a few stores and it looks like it varies – some stores have the strawberries, some the blueberries, some both, some neither.

• You can find them quickly on the website by searching for "Dole bag" and clicking on the Frozen Foods category.

41. Thanks Melissa. I took them off the list.

42. Johnsonville Smoked or Cooked Sausage (12–14 oz.) $3.00

Use $0.75/1 Johnsonville Fully Cooked Sausage from 7/15 Smart Source insert

Final price: $1.50 after doubled coupon**

**Plus, earn a bonus Monopoly piece for each of these you purchase. (Note: In another place in the ad, this same item is advertised for $2.89, so I’m not sure which price is correct.)

This coupon says "do not double/"

43. I had forgotten about the $3 Catalina that is printing wyb 6 or more Nature Valley ! I love it when I deal gets better than you thought. My price per box ended up at .66

44. What a great GM deal! Bought 8 boxes of the granola bars for $1.98 & 1 Yoplait Yogurt with granola. Used 1-$0.75 yogurt coupon, 3-$0.60 granola bar printables, and 1-$0.50 granola bar for final bill $17.84- $6.10 db coupons or $11.74 OOP, but got $3 off next purchase coupon & coupon code for the Free $10 gas card so essentially free.

• Jessica B. says:

Opie, did you have anything else in your order? Just trying to figure out why the code for the gas card printed out even though you didn't have $30 of GM products. Thanks!

• Jessica, that was my complete order. I actually did it twice with the same outcome. The shelf price of the goods ended up being over $30 so I'm imagining that is why?

• Fantastic. I will do the deal Saturday. I was tempted to try it today,but I just did the granola bars. Thanks for the TIP!

• Do you know if you can get the cat for the Lucky Charms treats or the Golden Graham treats?

• I have not tried the Golden Grahams treats. I do know the Nature Valley and Fiber Ones have the OYNO. I am curious to know what granola bars you bought. I added up mine and they were only $24+ so I need about $6 more. So 3 yogurts would have worked. My granola bars were $2.99 regular price I think. It looks like the granola bars/cereal go by shelf price, but the on sale yogurt doesn't. I assume it is because the cereal is only cheaper if you buy at least 8. Anyone try to buy more than 8 items and still get the $1.98 price? i am wondering if I can get some different granola bars or even cereal with the deal?

• If you go to https://www.stockupfuelup.com/ and enter Rainbow into the store box there is a list of what products are included. The golden graham treat bars are listed. Hope this helps.

• Jill Pearson says:

I bought two of the yogurts and got $2 coupon. didn't even know there was a deal lol

• Catherine — I noticed that the shelf sticker on the granola bars said the $1.88 applied to the purchase of "8 or more", but the the shelf sticker on the cereal did not.

Between GM and Rainbow, they have made this deal almost incomprehensible.

• The confusing thing is the items listed for the deal to NOT include yogurt. But it is pinging the fuel card. I am anxious to see exactly how it all plays out by this weekend. I want to try to do the deal, but I am hoping that someone will have some solid, xyz works and have it confirmed. It SHOULD be shelf price, but some things are not and some things are? Confusing!

• Shannon B. says:

I bought 5 Nature Valley bars, 3 cereals, and a granola and it triggered the gas card and Nature Valley Catalinas–a moneymaker.

45. Melissa S says:

The Werther's coupon is no longer on the Target website…

46. i don't think the expo coupon can be used on the 4 pack?

47. Thanks Chris! I did this deal today in Coon Rapids, they had a huge display for Lysol and it worked just as you described above. Thank you for the match-up.

48. Stephanie says:

The GM deal is working better than I thought it would. I purchased 13 boxes of products, thinking only the first 8 would come to $1.98 box with the remaining at $2.88, which would total over $30 paid before coupons. However, they all rung up at $1.98 and I still received the catalina for the gas deal. So it looks like the limit of 8 at $1.98 doesn't register at checkout, AND the GM gas card deal applies based on regular price (as my total of 13 boxes at $1.98 each wouldn't exceed $30.00). YMMV of course!

• Just to make things a little more confusing — the cereal is counted at shelf price, but the yogurt is counted at the sale price of $2. And it is not the four pack, as the print states, but the 2 pack of granola and yogurt that is 2/$4. And the 2pack is eligible for the gas card. There is a 75 cent coupon for the 2pack in the GM insert from this last Sunday. I also noticed that the $1.88 price on granola bars applies to 8 or more.

I bought 8 cheerios and 3 yogurts but it ended up being 18 cents short of the $30, so I went and got one more yogurt pack. I felt sorry for the cashier and the service desk lady who had to try to figure it all out. General MIlls really screwed this up. And Rainbow apparently doesn't even try to explain the special deals like this to the employees. It should not be up to the customer to explain it to the store employees. On the positive side, those snicker ice cream bars they have on special are quite yummy.

49. There is apparently a catalina for Post Honey Bunches opf Oats. I bought 5 boxes this morning and got a cat for $4 off my next order. That was a happy surprise! :)

50. Flannel Guy says:

Not getting the Freschetta link to work. Cuold be just me, since I just uninstalled/re-installed Java. Can anyone confirm that this works??

51. Elizabeth says:

I am new to shopping at rainbow. Can someone tell me on the Double Daze, is it just 5 per transaction or 5 per card? Can I go on both Wednesday and Saturday with my card?

• 5 coupons per transaction and if you have more coupons than 5 they just won't double. On the rare occasion that we have a Double Double Daze it's 10. I believe you can do up to 6 (maybe 7???) transactions per day before the coupons won't double. You could do this a whole bunch of times today and then go again on Sat. and do it all over again. I'm sure someone will jump in and correct my transaction amount if it's not right :) I haven't ever done more than 4 so I know it's at least 4. Be aware that some people/stores find it rude to do more than one or two transactions in a row. I always go out to my car in between just to be safe. Hope this helps. If anyone would like to get more technical please do ;)

52. Awesome hope my store has some left!

53. At Rainbows the Johnsonville chicken sausages are 2/$6. Use your $1/1 12oz any flavor JV Chicken Sausage exp 10/21/12. After doubled $1 each.

54. Just an FYI the $30 GM to earn the $10 gas card must be based on SALE price, not shelf price. I spent just over $30 basing it on the shelf prices of cereal and yogurt but did not receive a code.

• Amanda — I don't know if you can go back to the store to fix the problem. The cereal is based on shelf price and the yogurt on sale price. I know it doesn't make sense. The service desk lady didn't believe it when I told her — she rightfully said it doesn't make sense — but she ran it through anyway to satisfy me with an added yogurt and sure enough, it worked. I did it with eight cheerios, $2.99 shelf price, and 4 two packs of granola yogurt on sale for $2 each. Originally, I had tried to do it with just 3 yogurts and was 18 cents short.

55. Mine rang up at full price even though the website showed them as $1.99 so I told them to take it off. :( Like what was I supposed to say? And they totally rung up my rain check for the string cheese and it didn't take anything off. I should have checked right away because it kept beeping at the guy (think he was fairly new as I didn't recognize him), but my two kids were giving me heck so my thoughts were elsewhere. The $1/2 Nabisco link isn't working for me either. And the SavingStar coupon for McCain is all sold out is says.

56. All the Jell-o products in the refrigerated section were 50% off. Everything. Jell-o and pudding. I didn't see any coupons anywhere, but it you had a personal stash this would be great! It's not showing up this price on the website so YMMV. I lucked out and had a Temptations coupon for $0.75/1 and they were marked $1.44. :) This may be a repeat, but Tampax were marked 50% off too. I don't buy this brand so I can't say specifics, but it was normally $8.xx and they looked like big boxes. A big pink/fuchsia box. I don't see it listed on the website this way either. I saw these at the end of the shampoo aisle. Not sure if they were over by the feminine products too. I didn't look. Bailey's creamer was $3.33 and there's a $1/1 coupon in8/5 SS insert. Says it's a cut back so this must be the normal price for now.

57. Shannon B. says:

I bought 5 boxes of Nature Valley Granola Bars, 3 boxes of cereal, and a 2-pak of Yoplait yogurt with Granola and it generated the $10 gas card catalina, and the $3 off for purchasing 5 Nature Valley Products.

Coupons I used were: $1/2 variety General Mills Cereals (7/15 SS), $1 Total Q found on box in store (there is a $.75 coupon if you don't find the $1 Q, (7-15 SS I believe)), 4 $.60 Nature Made printable coupons, 1 $.50 Nature Made (7/15 SS), $.75 Yoplait (7/15 SS). I spent $8.91 and received the $3 Nature Valley Granola bar catalina, and the $10 gas card–a $4.09 moneymaker.

I was at the Uptown/Lagoon Rainbow and only the Original Total was included.

58. Cinnamon Toast Crunch® (12.2-12.8oz)

Cocoa Puffs® (11.8oz)

Golden Grahams® (12oz)

Whole Grain Total® (10.6oz)

Cheerios® (8.9oz)

Honey Nut Cheerios® (12.25oz)

Trix® (10.7oz)

Lucky Charms® (11.5oz)

Reese's Puffs® (13oz)

Betty Crocker® Fruit Flavored Snacks

What is all included according the the site. I don't even see the yogurt listed!

Sunkist® Fruit Flavored Snacks

Nature Valley® Bars

Nature Valley® Granola Thins

Fiber One® Bars

Fiber One® 90 Calorie Bars

Fiber One® 90 Calorie Brownies

Treat Bars Chex Mix®

Treat Bars Lucky Charms®

Treat Bars Golden Grahams®

59. So the yogurt has a catalina deal as well?

• Cookie, I know the Golden Graham bars are part of the GM deal. I was just wondering if they were also giving you a catalina. I guess if nobody knows I will go test it tonight to check.

• I would love to know if the Golden Graham bars are part of the catalina as well. Please post if you find out! THanks

60. Here's a $.80/1 Fiber One Chewy Bars printable (https://pssst.generalmills.com/uc/admin/1f8b/) for the GM $10 Gas Card promotion.

61. After reading the above comments and recalculating my receipt with the bars/cereals at reg price and yogurt at sale price, I came up to $29.37….so I should have gotten 1 more yogurt. I will go again on Saturday and try again. On the plus side, with coupons, the 9 products I bought were just 92 cents each, which is still pretty good.

62. Just to let you know the McCain is back on Savingstar!

63. I just tried to get the $10 gas card just using the list on PocketYourDollars.com and didn't look at the ad. I did get $30 worth of General Mills products but did not get the gas card. Looking at the ad at home, it said in the fine print that only the products shown and listed were a part of the deal. That was only four cereals, and two or three kinds of cereal bars and only the granola light yogurt. I felt a little frustrated that that wasn't mentioned in the website, but then I thought that maybe it's still my responsibility to check the ad. I still got a good deal, but not $10 cheaper like I wanted!

• Amanda — This is one of the most mixed up deals GM and Rainbow have ever run so don't feel bad. IT is a lesson to us all to do some checking even when we do read the ad. I went to the GM website and it made things even more confusing. The best information in this case has been right here on this site, but you have to read all the comments . It was here that I learned the shelf price was being used on the cereal. But I wrongly assumed shelf price was also being used on the yogurt. So I had to buy more than planned.

• Michelle says:

A lot of times on the cereal deals PYD lists all the coupons that are available from the manufacturer and not just the ones that are included in the sale. Usually it is difficult for them to determine exactly what's included without going to the store. I usually try to double check all the deals against the tags or the ads.

64. jill what yogurt did you get that triggered the $2 coupon (oyno ?) ?

65. Great news Lisa! Does it say for how long? I may try this on Saturday. Thanks!

66. I was able to print two yesterday.

67. Chelle – I updated the Nabisco and SavingStar links. Let me know if you still have issues with them.

68. This has been one of the messiest deals GM and Rainbow have ever advertised. The granola yogurt is not listed on the GM site as eligible but they are shown on the Rainbow ad. I checked with Rainbow and the response was to go with their ad, which is sponsored by GM. So I used the yogurt on my order BUT they only counted at the sale price, NOT the shelf price. The cereal is counted at the shelf price. IF you do eight cereals, like cheerios at $2.99 shelf price, then you need to do 4 2packs of the granola yogurt at $2 sale price.

IT also seems you can do as many granola bars as you want and get the $1.88 price, according to the tag on the shelf.

The GM website shows only cereal and granola bars for the deal, but the ad in the Rainbow insert also shows the yogurt, veggies in sauce, and grand biscuits. Not that it matters once you get coupon with your code number,but that coupon specifically excludes Green Giant and Pillsbury products! That just demonstrates that this is a royally messed up deal.

This is when it is really wonderful that this site exists so that we can exchange information and figure how the deal works.

I haven't decided yet, but if I have enough coupons, I may try to do the deal with just granola bars depending on whether they are using sale price or shelf price. Has anyone figured that out yet?

69. It is up to 7 transactions per day

70. Motts Applesauce 24 oz, $1.57-1.64 (prices vary by store)

Motts Applesauce 48 oz, $2.44-2.74 (prices vary by store)

Mott's Apple Juice 64oz, $2.50-2.89 (prices vary by store)

Use $1/1 Any Mott's Apple Jucie or Sauce printable coupon (http://www.letsplay.com/)
    Final price: As low as FREE after doubled coupon.

71. 4.69 is the big size bottle of grapeseed oil. I was not able to find small 16oz one at my store even though it shows it on rainbow site after I select my store. What stores carry it?

72. Jill Pearson says:

can any one tell me if the $1.98 motts fruit snacks is included in the gc thing?

• Jill — They are not shown either on the GM website or the Rainbow ad. But as messed up as this promotion is, anything is possible. when I got my coupon with the special code on it, I read the fine print which states that Pillsbury and Green Giant products are excluded — even though they are specifically INCLUDED in Rainbow's ad.

73. Jill Pearson says:

o wow ok Thanks for the info ;) can any one please tell me of a couple scenarios that actually worked on Wednesday lol. Kind of a scary deal lol. So rainbow must be adding in some things of there own something. really weird.

• Jill — I bought 8 cheerios ( $2.99 shelf price, $1.88 when you buy 8), and 4 yoplait granola 2pack on sale for $2 ( sale price applied for the yogurt). For the gas card, cereal is figured at the shelf price. I initially thought the yogurt would also be figured at shelf price and only bought three. But since the yogurt is counted at sale price, I had to go get another one.

The shelf tag on the granola bars said you get the special sale price of $1.88 on 8 or more boxes so you could probably do it all in granola bars, but I don't know if they figure it at sale or shelf price. If it's sale price you would have to get at least 16 of them, if shelf price then you could do it with less — I dont' remember the shelf price of the granola bars.

• Jill Pearson says:

ok so is the reecess puffs included O.o

74. Jill Pearson says:

ok according to the GM sight they are included. so does this look workable?

1. yogurt granola reg 1.99. 3.59 use sale price

$.75/1

$1.25

5. Nature Valley chewy bars, 1.98 reg. 3.73

5. $80/1

$.38=$1.90

3. recess puffs cereals, 1.98 Reg. $3.33

3. $.60/1

3. 1.38=$4.14

$33.83 b/4 c but $30.63 twards GC

$7.29 after coupons

$3.00 cat

and $10 GC

75. Jennifer says:

Where is anyone finding the Mrs. Cubbison’s Croutons? I looked over the salad dressing aixle several times, but never find that brand.

76. I am so happy to see this! I was hoping this was the case. YAY!

77. Jill Pearson says:

scroll down a couple and click there link. you get a new link on your pc. sorry bout that. i figured that out a minute ago using hubbies pc

• Jennifer says:

I am guessing you were talking about the Nature Valley $0.80 coupon, but I don't see it on that page.

78. Jill Pearson says:

Grocery Department:

Fiber One Bars or Nature Valley Granola Bars $2.50

- .80/1 Fiber One Chewy Bars MyInsite coupon here

- .50/1 Fiber One Chewy Bars SavingStar Credit

=40 cents after coupon and SavingStar Credit!

Plus, get $1 OYNO wyb 3 Fiber One Chewy Bars or 90 Calorie Brownies

scroll first one down

79. Jennifer – I looked all over for them a couple of weeks ago as I had a $1/2 coupon that was expiring. My husband actually found them on the very bottom shelf of the crouton section. I'm not sure where they'll be at your store, but it's worth a look down there! :)

80. Not sure if anyone post this but you get rice krispy treats for 1.99 or 2.00 (on sale)(at the northtown Rainbow) and use the rice krispy treat coupon(last sunday's paper) save a 1.00/2…making them a 1.00 peaice on saturday. Also if you do the mix and match to save .50 you can get 6 package of oreo's and 4 7up products(1.00 a peaice) for 10.00 bucks. In the sunday paper there was a coupon buy 2 save 1 on oreo's and other nasbrico products. So the oreo's would be 1.00 a package on saturday. Just though I would let you know. Also if you buy 8 general mills products you get a 1.00 coupon to use at a future purchase.

81. I am looking at the General Mills $10 gas card when you spend $30.00 …. On here and in the flyer it looks like the steamfresh veg, grands biscuits, and yoplait items are included…. however on the stockupfuelup.com website, under the 'participating items' the veg, biscuits, and yogurt are not included…. has anyone tried this and had it work with those items?

• Cassie — I went to the Rainbow website and asked for clarification. The response was that we should go buy the Rainbow ad, so those items would be included. I did the deal on Wednesday and used the granola yoplait 2 packs that are on sale for $2 and it worked. The cereal is figured at shelf price and the yoplait at sale price. So I did 8 cereal and 4 yooplait packs.

This deal is so mixed up I checked other cities on the web and found each city was doing a slightly different deal with different prices.

82. Jill Pearson says:

is this stuff included in the 10 gc deal at northtown?

4. Lucky Charms Cereal $1.98 REG. $3.69

4. $.60/1

4. $1.38=$5.52

5. recess puffs cereals, 1.98 Reg. $3.33 $16.50

5. $.60/1=$6.00

5. .78=$3.90

$30.86 b/4 coupons

$9.42 after coupons

and $10 GC

• Shannon B. says:

I bought a box of Lucky Charms, Total, Reeses Puffs, 5 granola bars, and the yogurt and it generated the $10 fuel card slip.

• anybody bought cookie crisp or honey nut cheerio or regular cheerio and got the $10 gas code. ?

• Ellen — I bought 8 regular cheerios and 4 granola yoplait 2packs and got the fuel deal.The cheerios were figured at shelf price of $2.99 and the yoplait was figured at sale price of $2.

• Shannon — Do you know if the granola bars were figured at shelf or sale price? How many yogurt did you buy? Thanks.

83. Anybody know if included with the $1.99 be the keebler granola fudge bars?

84. I can't say for sure since I didn't see a print-out for the deal (I was surpriseed by the cat when I bought the cereal), but I did a quick Google search, and it looks like it's valid until 9/2.

Buy 3 boxes, get $2 OYNO

Buy 4 boxes, get $3 OYNO

Buy 5 or more, get $4 OYNO

I also did get a print-out for another Post catalina:

Buy Pebbles, Honeycomb or Alphabits

Buy 2, get $1 ONYO

Buy 3, get $2 ONYO

Buy 4 or more, get $3 ONYO

That one is valid until 9/11.

I wish I had more Post coupons!

85. FYI: last week, my favorite Rainbow cashier informed me that in order to do the $10 of $30 for P&G, I had to spend $30 AFTER coupons. I had to buy 4 packs of diapers for $40, with 4 $2 coupons to make it $32 to get the $10. She said they have changed all their promotions like this. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Don't know about the p&g, but I did the GM on Wed, spent $31 before coupons (12.75 after coupons) and got the $5 off instantly. I also got a CAT for $2 from the 8 yogurts. Not sure how many I would have needed to buy to get it.

86. I'm not able to find the Soft Scrub Q on the link; I've looked on Monday and again today. I've limited it to the "Household" category — am I missing it? Thanks!

87. FYI, The Motts applesauce coupon deal has ended. Wish the website told me before I signed up :)

88. I am wondering if I can use my monopoly coupons with my manufacture coupons on the same item? Has anyone else tried this?

89. The general mills pricing seems to be for 8 or more, not limited at 8. I bought 8 cereal and 8 granola bars, they all rang up at 1.98. The tags even said 8 or more.

90. FYI: I did the Manwich deal suggested in the list today at the Eagan RB. I got the $5 off instantly but NOT the $5 oyno. I can only assume becuz $1.29 x 10 doesn't equal $15 at the sale price?

91. Aw man, I feel like such a Couponing rookie—- arrggghh!! LOL

92. thank you to the people that reported/detailed the $30 gm deal. I love that this site have lots of awesome people.

cereal ang granola bars are based on shelf.

bought 2 lucky charms, 2 honey nut cheerios , 4 granola and 1 yoplait yogurt 2pk.

got the code and $2 cat from Nv.

I also did the 4 lysol wipes, 4 toilet bowl cleanerand 2 oreos.

93. Ditto – Thanks Wednesday Shoppers!

94. I did the gm deal again this p.m but on the self checkout. My total for the gm is 30.88, I didn't get the code, same trans as above.

95. For the gas card deal, I bought

5 Nature Valley bar (use original price $17.95)

3 Fiber one Bars (use original price $11.19)

1 Yoplait with granola 2pk (use sales price $2)

$17.95+$11.19+42 = $31.14

Got 2 rr ($1 for the 3 Fiber one bars & $3 for the 5 Nature Valley bar) + the $10 gas card.

96. Why would you get more than 8 at a time? Remember if you break thi s into 2 transaction, you can get 5 more coupons doubled.

• Jennifer — this is one of the things that makes this promotion a pain in the ——-. The ad said that if you bought more than eight cereals, the price would be a $2.88 for the extra ones. We have since learned that at least at some stores, that is not the case. But based on the ad, you would have to buy more of some of the eligible items to reach $30 for the fuel card. So then to get over that $30 with granola bars, you could either buy 2 or 3 bars at $2.88 or buy at least 8 to get the $1.88 price on the bars. And according to the "rules" ( which we have found to be questionable) this all had to be done in one transaction.

This is why , on my first transaction, I bought 8 cereals ( counted at shelf price) and 4 yogurts (counted at sale price). On my second transaction I bought 12 fiber one brownies since there was no upper limit on how many of those you could buy and I had 12 good coupons and no idea what price they used to determine whether you met the $30 threshold for the gas card. Besides there is no such thing as having too many brownies in the house.

This has been one of the most customer-unfriendly promotions I can remember. I think both GM and Rainbow fell down on the job, and I felt sorry for the cashiers and service desk people who had no training whatsoever in how this was supposed to work.

• Most of the items on promo were around 3.50 ea so I just figured on purchasing 9 and got my 10 gas code. I was excited to see most of the Nature Valley chewy granola bars were also included in the deal. Don't like the thins or the dry granola bars.

That was so much fun! I also met some great couponers doing the same deals early yesterday, always a bonus to trade/share coupons on the fly :)

97. I must be totally missing something on the Gas Card deal. I bought only items on the approved list on the website, my total was more than $30 just on the GM items and…no code. Also when I went to the following site it says it must be purchased between 8/17 and 8/30. Is this the wrong promo?

• Laree — I was stumped so I went to the website you listed. That is a different promotion. The only "Rainbow" listed for locations was a different store, not the Roundy's Rainbow that we know here. Where did you buy the products? And what did you buy? IT's possible that the store's system was not working properly. I experienced that with the Hunt's promotion that was supposed to spit out a $5 OYNP coupon but did not. The people at the service desk were already aware of the problem and just credited my card for the $5. Sometimes they know about the problem and sometimes they don't. Rainbow's system is so inept that I find myself going to the service desk almost everytime I shop there.

1. [...] See the full list of deals at Rainbow Foods/Pick ‘N Save/Copps this week here. [...]