Target Shopping List 5/5 – 5/12/12

Lots of great gifts for Mother’s Day are on sale this week for great prices after Target Gift Card, including a Kindle Touch, jewelry, several cameras, and much more. Plus, over two dozen new ongoing deals have been added to the list.

As you get started shopping at Target we’d recommend getting familiar with Target’s price matching policy and Target’s coupon policy. You may want to bring printouts of these with you to the store so that you have them in case you run into issues. If you are new to Pocket Your Dollars, learn how to read this shopping list or troubleshoot problems when printing coupons.

Remember that this is a starting list of deals for the week. As readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store or we get emails with deal ideas, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Target fanatics should check out the ever-changing supply of Target online coupons, be sure to sign up for Target’s text-messaged coupons and browse Target’s weekly ad online. Plus, if you have a Target card, you can get 5% off your total bill when you use the card to pay.

Your turn: What other great deals did you spot?

About Carrie Rocha

I am passionate about helping people live within their means so they can get out and stay out of debt. I live in Minneapolis, MN with my husband and two little girls.

Comments

1. The Starbucks Refreshers are located in the sports drinks aisle, in with the energy drinks (like the Rockstars and the Monsters and the Redbull). It's not near the coffee drinks like you would think it would be. :)

2. Thanks! Hopefully Target will be fully stocked on Nivea :)

3. augusta says:

The reach coupon is out of print.

4. Found a 50 cents off 1 OxiClean dishwashing boosterin the 3/25 insert, which may make the "try me free" deal either better or have less out-of-pocket expense.

5. Barilla pasta deal may be over. Posting on the web site says it ended on Friday. But double check I might have missed something.

6. I'm not seeing the Tribe Hummus coupon in my 5/6 Smart Source insert. Did we get this one in the Minneapolis area? I looked through 3 times as sometimes I miss them the first time, but don't see it.

7. I'm not seeing the LA Looks Hair gel coupon in the 5/6 Red Plum either..

8. Allison says:

La Croix water is only $2 at Whole Foods after using the $1 off coupon on their Facebook page.

9. Was when I went today-except for the lip stuff-those were wiped out!

10. Pirate's booty is still on price cut for $2, as is the toaster strudel. My store still had many packs that showed the $5 grocery rebate.

11. If anyone shops at the Lino Lakes or Forest Lake Target, could you let me know if they have any whole turkeys left at at decent price. I'm looking for a couple of 20-25# turkeys and it's fine if they are the Market Pantry or Archer Farms brand. I'm hoping to find a couple for less than a dollar a pound. Forgot to stock up as I'll need them for a grad party. Thanks.

12. Make sure your coupons are all ringing up for the right amounts. Looking back at my receipt I'm pretty sure I had atleast 3 or 4 errors in amounts. They want me to come back in to get it fixed. Probably not worth it for to drag two toddlers back to the store and drive in a construction zone for $5.

• Jenny,

That is a tough decision. It's nice that they're willing to make the change but at the same time — two toddlers and construction?? I try to not take my two toddlers when I shop so I can pay close attention to the cashier but it doesn't always work out that way. Good luck.

• I was overcharged $4.22, they said a manager will call me back tomorrow, we'll see. Good luck

• JoAnna says:

Two years ago I was over charged about $20 because of not properly processing coupon. I spent over an hr at the service desk for them to verify the problem, they did give me the $ owed and said they were sorry. I wrote a letter to corporate but only received a form letter back that they would make their managers aware of the problem.

13. Tina Q says:

Minnetonka Target had Toaster Streudel for $2. Used my .75/3 and bought the specially marked boxes to get the $5 rebate. After rebate, total cost will be .25 for 3 boxes!!

14. Is there really a $2 Target q on the Nice & Easy in the 4/29 P&G? I looked through 3X and all I see is the manufacture's coupon.

Thanks in advance!

• Sandi, it's not actually in the regular P&G insert. It is in a separate Target insert with P&G products. You should find it in that one.

15. Knollwood target had the nivea hand creme for $.97 but the $1 nivea q worked on them. Deals listed become better but you could probably get six cremes for free plus gc if you have enough qs

16. They pulled the $.89 Nivea from the gc deal yesterday. I tried it last night and they told me that one was no longer included. They still had a sign up on the shelf that i informed them about so they gave me $5 off my purchase and went to take it down. – Stillwater Target.

• JoAnna says:

I figured that deal wouldn't last long–wish I would have had a chance to get to Target on Sunday or Monday. Oh well :)

17. Sarah Burrill says:

Re: Starbucks deal– Target Q still avail, however other 2 links (Betty Crocker sites) no longer have Starbucks

18. Sharon says:

Banana Boat Target q excludes trial size

19. Allison Pappenfus says:

The Banana Boat Sport sun care item and Coppertone sunscreen $1 off coupons that you mention above to use on the trial/travel size and purchase for free is incorrect. I just printed both coupons hoping to use them and they specifically state on the coupon that they are not valid on trial or travel size. Just thought I would let you know. Thanks for the heads up on the other offers, I appreciate your site.

• Allison – Thanks for the heads up. When these coupons first were posted they did not have this exclusion, so Target must have added it in the meantime.

20. Thanks, Mary!

21. Hello Everyone –

I have acquired a very large number of 5/6 Smart Source inserts – more than I will ever need or use. If anyone is interested, email me at lundgrensam53@gmail.com

Sharon

22. Jeanine says:

The link to the Northern coupon just goes back to this page. Can somebody help with this?

23. jennifer says:

On the Nivea deal, can you do multiple sets in the same transaction (ex. can I get 5 x $5 gift cards without splitting into 5 transaction?)

24. Dawn N says:

In the up and up paper plates, straws and plastic silverware there is a box of brillance plastic sliverware and it has rebate on the box which make it free after rebate for a box of nicer plastic silverware. It was on the top shelf. Great for picnic or reunions.

25. For the Pantene, the final price should be 1.79 for two before tax, as the SQ states one MQ and one SQ per item. Has anyone experienced anything different? I'm planning to go to Target after work, as I can definitely handle paying less than a dollar a bottle for this brand. If anything different than what I should be able to do happens, I'll post back. ☺ Happy shopping!

26. So, this is how it worked. I picked up four 12.6 oz. bottles of Pantene. I used 2 B1G1F and four $1/1 Target qs. The receipt shows 2.79 for each bottle because they take the $1 off, and then they subtract the 3.79 twice. My subtotal was 3.58 and I paid tax on 11.16, which was 0.82, bringing the total to 4.40 = 1.10 per bottle – a good deal! If I had more Target qs, I'd buy more!

My question then, regarding the P & G promotion, do they go by what you actually paid (3.58)(+0.82 tax), or do they go by the amount before coupons (11.16)(+0.82 tax). Is the tax included in the total paid? I didn't have to question this before I started shopping smarter (thank goodness I know better now) – but I am so glad this site exists because it does help me immensely!

27. Okay – I just looked at the rebate form again and I see where they ask that you submit the original receipt(s) with item(s) and purchase price(s) circled. Additionally, you write in the UPC codes in the spaces provided on the form. I guess I'm going to have to do some more shopping…☺

28. Last Friday, I tried to use two $2/1 coupoons for the Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce (10 oz.) $1.74 at Target, near Northtown. The register beeped and the cashier wouldn't take them. I said, "can't you just adjust the price down on the coupon?" She told me "No, they (as in Target) are getting really fussy about that." So I asked her to take the Kikkoman off. I'm going to print off the Target coupon policy – thanks for having that link! – and try again tonight or tomorrow to get those and if they cashier won't adjust the price, I'll show them the Target coupon policy. Thanks again for having that link here!

• I changed my mind and decided to use my two $2/1 coupons at Cub tonight. They were $1.99 at Cub so I still got them free however, I got a catalina after that said Buy any Kikkoman Sauces or Marinades between 5/14/12 and 7/8/12 and Save up to $2.00 on a future order with coupon. Purchase Requirements: Buy (2) & get $1.00 or buy (3) or more and get $2.00 coupon off your next shopping order. If I had known about that, I would have saved my 2 coupons for next week, gotten the 2 bottles free and $2 off a future purchase. Oh well, maybe someone else will be able to do that! I printed the coupons off last week, I think. Happy shopping!

29. Be on the look out for double packs of clearance insect repellent. I found them today at the Edina location. The double pack was on clearance for less than a single's regular price :)

1. [...] Stretching A Buck, Pocket Your Dollars, and Totally Target Share and [...]

2. [...] Find more Target coupon deals at We Use Coupons and Pocket Your Dollars. [...]