Walgreens Shopping List 4/29 – 5/5/12

If you’re new to Walgreens shopping, then learn how the Register Rewards program works and learn how to read this shopping list. Don’t forget that some other stores will accept Register Rewards like a manufacturer’s coupon. Also, it’s a good idea to print out Walgreens’ official coupon policy and keep it with you in case an issue comes up at checkout.

This is a starting list of deals for the week and is not a comprehensive list of every sale item and its coupons, but just the best deals (things at prices I’d actually pay). We will update this list as readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store, we get emails with deal ideas or we read about other deals across the blogosphere. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week, we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Walgreens is the one store where an advertised sale like “2/$4” usually requires you to buy two products. The first one rings at full price and the second product will ring at a lesser price to bring the total to $4, using our example. If you ever question whether you need to buy two to receive a sale price, ask the cashier to scan one item for you. If it rings at full price, then you know you need to buy two products. If it rings at the sale price, then you don’t.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week at Walgreens?

About Carrie Rocha

I am passionate about helping people live within their means so they can get out and stay out of debt. I live in Minneapolis, MN with my husband and two little girls.

Comments

1. For the Abreva links – Both links lead to ultimately the same place. The coupons are for $2.00 – neither is for $5.00. Thanks

2. I got a Moments to Save coupon insert in my early edition ST and it has both the Starbucks Refresher and Pepsi Next coupons in it. The Pepsi Next is $.55/1 I believe.

3. Hershey’s Pieces, Drops or Reese’s Minis 2/$5 (or $2.99 each)

Buy 2 and use $1/2 from 4/15 Smart Source insert

Final price: $2.00 each after coupon

There's a $1 Hershey's Pieces coupon here https://www.facebook.com/piecescandies/app_362305

4. Buy 1 Depends Real Fit or Silhouette Underwear (3 pk.) for $4.49, Get $3.50 Register Reward

Use $1.50/1 from 4/15 Smart Source insert or $1/1 from 3/25 Smart Source insert.

There's also a $1 printable (http://see.walmart.com/depend/)

5. I hope someone will be honest with me, I NEED instant coffee (down to only one in my pantry) and we NEED toilet paper (very low) so would this be a good deal, and plz let me know if I can DO it in this way: I would buy 3 maxwell house at $5 ea……get my $5 rewards, then go back and buy some toilet paper (I will get the best deal for that) and then—after I bring my tp out to the car, can I go back in and do those transactions all over again?? And is this a good deal in the end? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

• Melissa W. says:

As far as I know, as long as there are no limits, you can do as many transactions as you want. I often do up to 3 at a time to get multiples of RR items. I try not to clear shelves, and to be courteous to other shoppers in line.

• Michelle says:

Deal Idea on the Maxwell house, I have $1 off one, they expire 5/1/12. Buy 3 at $5. Pay $12 OOP and receive $5 RR. I also saw tear pads with the $1 off one in the store last week, not sure of the expiration date.

6. There was a 50¢ off coupon a while back for Palmolive on coupons.com. The ones I have exp. 4/30

7. There was also a coupon, for $1 off, instores on a Gevalia display a few months ago, maybe a few stores still have it.

8. Does anyone know of a Cub location that is still accepting RR's? I was able to use them last week at Cub in Monticello, but was told this morning that they're no longer taking them… thanks in advance for any insight!

9. One Touch Ultra Mini blood glucose monitoring System, $19.99

Use $10/1 Walgreens coupon from May booklet,

And use $10/1 printable coupon (http://www.coupons.com),
    Or $10/1 printable (http://www.redplum.com).
    Final Price: Free after coupons!

10. Forest Lake Walgreens never got their shipment of the Refreshers but they were kind enough to give me a rain check.

11. Hastings cub foods is still taking them as far as I know.
    Also men's and lady's speed stick is on sale 2/$4. And there was a coupon for them B1G1 free! Combine the two offers and you are paying $2 for 2 of them! $1 each! I le this deal because it's the only stuff my fiancé uses!

12. My Cub in Eagan (Cliff Rd) takes them.

13. I don't know if all Walgreens have new registers but I found out with the new system that if you buy something using a coupon from the booklet you have to scan that coupon first before using a manufacturer one. Also, if you buy more than one of the same items, you have to do them in separate transactions.

14. Cub at Rice Street and County Rd B. Maplewood takes RR

15. Deal finder says:

I was told that with the new registers when you are redeeming register rewards, they have to scan register rewards first then can the other manufacturer coupon.

16. I tried doing the meter deal and they wouldn't let me they said that if it didn't scan that they wouldn't put in a $1o coupon so I left the store the people at the Hopkins Crossroad store are total crabs and jerks. I sent my kid to wallgreens to get some gum and i had a $1 one manufacturers coupon and the $1 mentos instore add coupon and they screemed at them and they said" Follow those kids!" totally not my favorite store but gotta live with the one close to my house.

17. Deal finder says:

that is disappointing . I have $12 expiring tonight because the wags in Monticello told me yesterday I had to use my RR before my manufacturer Q's yesterday so I opted to not use them because I knew I had more in RR than my total so I was going to go back today and forgot.

18. jennifer says:

I bought some U by Kotex Tampons two weeks ago. Any chance I can use the register rewards from that to do the kotex deal this week and get the register rewards or will it block them since it’s the same brand?

19. Does anyone know which Walgreens in the twin cities will take the $1 belvita biscuit coupon which states "redeemable at Walmart"?

Thanks

20. The up & up Target brand Claritin is selling for $2.34. Which is crazy since Claritin is around $10 and the Walgreens generic is $5.99. Just thought I would let other people in on how mcuh I have been saving:)

21. Last week I got 8 boxes of tampons!

• JoAnna says:

The shelves were empty when I got there on Monday and were never restocked. But, I have bought 3 this wk (not a money maker but breaking even/free is good, too).

22. Mirel – Since it is a manufacturer's coupon and not a store coupon, all Walgreens should (in theory) take the coupon.

• I asked the manager at two different Walgreens and they won't accept the coupon because of the walmart logo.

23. Buy 1 U by Kotex Sleek Tampons (18 pk.) for $3.99, Get $3 Register Reward

Use $1/1 from 3/25 Smart Source insert or $1/1 U by Kotex Product printable

Spend $2.99, get $3 Register Reward back

Final price: Free after coupon and Register Reward

There's a new printable coupon here:

24. The meter deal will only work if they adjust the $10 coupon to $9.99 (per their coupon policy, which they should do) or if you buy a small filler item to absorb the $.01 overage so the register will not beep that way and the coupons should scan fine.

25. As of this morning the Kotex RR was rolling it actually might still work

26. Nicole Manhood says:

Lady Speed Stick & Mens speed stick 2/$4, use B1G1 free coupon in last weeks sunday paper. Spend $2 for 2 of them.

27. Does anyone know what week the 1.50/1 coupon is for clean and clear?