Walgreens Shopping List 4/15 – 4/21/12

It’s a great week at Walgreens this week with four items free after coupons/Register Rewards plus great deals on Nivea, Bayer, Colgate, Dove, Pepsi and K-Y products.

If you’re new to Walgreens shopping, then learn how the Register Rewards program works and learn how to read this shopping list. Don’t forget that some other stores will accept Register Rewards like a manufacturer’s coupon. Also, it’s a good idea to print out Walgreens’ official coupon policy and keep it with you in case an issue comes up at checkout.

This is a starting list of deals for the week and is not a comprehensive list of every sale item and its coupons, but just the best deals (things at prices I’d actually pay). We will update this list as readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store, we get emails with deal ideas or we read about other deals across the blogosphere. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week, we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Walgreens is the one store where an advertised sale like “2/$4” usually requires you to buy two products. The first one rings at full price and the second product will ring at a lesser price to bring the total to $4, using our example. If you ever question whether you need to buy two to receive a sale price, ask the cashier to scan one item for you. If it rings at full price, then you know you need to buy two products. If it rings at the sale price, then you don’t.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week at Walgreens?

Comments

1. Alex's Mom says

Back in Walgreen's Pharmacy area is a booklet on allergies and it has a couple of different product coupons in it. One of the coupons is $1 off the purchase of the Similasan Nasal Allergy Relief Spray.

2. Rachel says

I have two coupons for the Nasal Ease spray. Can I buy two of them (in separate transactions) as long as I don't use the previous RR to pay for the 2nd one?

3. Kelsey says

just wondering on the ky for 14.99 + 5 rr

wouldn't the coupon that was on last weeks walmart previous listed deals for $10 off ky premium product work on this also? making it free?:)

hope so because i plan on trying to use it

4. Chris says

Aquafresh Kids Toothpaste $2.00

Use $1/1 from Walgreens April Savings Book

Plus, use $1/1 from 4/15 Red Plum insert or $1/1 Aquafresh Fresh and Fruity printable (if included)

Final price: Free after coupons.

There's also a $1/1 Aquafresh Kids Toothpaste coupon on redplum.com

5. Chris says

Buy 4 Dove Hair Care (1.35-12 oz.), Body Wash (13.5 oz.), Select Antiperspirant/Deodorant or Body Mist (2.6-3 oz.) or Active Clean Shower Tool for 4/$15, Get $5 Register Reward.

There's several new Dove product coupons on redplum.com this morning.

6. Kysha says

Did you use a specific zip code to pull up the Dove coupons you saw on Redplum.com? I am not seeing any on there now and I am using an Atlanta zip code.

• JoAnna says

I clicked the Red Plum logo in the upper left corner to get to main page. Then I chose the link for drug store coupons and the Dove coupons were on the 4th (last) page.

7. Alex's Mom says

Rechecked – it's for eye drops not nasal drops by the same name. Sorry! When I went to clip the coupon out of the book this morning I noticed that it wasn't for the right body part! :-(

8. Dee says

Nivea body wash the add we got states

Nivea OR Nivea body wash for men. it show a pic of of the mens and women's body wash. sale $3.49 get $2.00 RR and then there is a coupon in 4/15/2012 RP for men and women body wash $2.00 off so this is a money maker! 3.49-2.00-2.00= you make 51 cents

9. Anjanette says

I just went to Walgreens and got Nasal Ease and a bottle of Pepsi Next, and I used the $5 off coupon. Neither of my register rewards printed. The cashier went to the assistant manager and she told me that I wouldn't get register rewards for the Nasal Ease since I had used the $5 coupon! That didn't seem right to me. She gave me a dollar back for the Pepsi Next (instead of the register reward) and said I could return the Nasal Ease, which I did. This is the only Walgreens that's convenient for me to get to, so I think I'm out of luck in terms of getting the r.r. with using the coupon for Nasal Ease.

• JoAnna says

You can show them their own ad–many times their ad shows a deal with a RR and shows the total after RR and after using a coupon. When you find an ad like that keep it with your coupons so that you have proof.

• Sue says

I just bought the Pepsi Next 12 packs and they did ring up $2.99. So that was a great deal – $1.00/12 pack after coupons and RR.

• JoAnna says

Same here, Sue. Worked like a charm! Now to try one and hope we like it. No matter what it makes for a great deal for upcoming parties.

• JoAnna says

At Walgreen's you can :) The deal above shows that, too when it says buy 2 and use two $1/1. Happy couponing!

Purex Laundry Detergent 2X Liquid (33 loads) or UltraPacks (18 ct.) – Buy 1, Get 1 Free (2/$5.99)

Buy 2 and use two $1/1 Purex UltraPacks Detergent or $0.50/1 Purex Liquid Detergent from 3/11 Red Plum insert

Final price: As low as $2.00 each after coupons ($0.11/load for UltraPacks or $0.08/load for liquid)

There's a really Good deal on the mento's UP2U Gum buy 2 of them use 1 $1/2 From April Coupon Booklet & Use the $1/2 and they both are free

* Get a low priced item like .14 from the easter candy otherwise the register will beep*

11. Kris E says

Thanks for the freebie coupon & the laughs! Put in my own number for the message and was printing out the coupons when the 800 call came in. It didn't register so I answered and some hot voice says can't wait til tonight. ROFL… blonde moment I should have picked that I was female rather than male so I could at least get a "Fabio Moment"

• Kathleen says

LOL…too funny Kris…I did the SAME THING! I had two coupons so I talked my husband into going with me so that we could use them both…(hey, he should have to help on this one!….ok, he actually helps me coupon all the time) :) the lady working kept getting a beep every time she tried to scan the coupons, but she was nice and took them anyway. Most of the gals there know me, so they know I don't try to pass any coupons that aren't for the right product.

• Kris E says

Well, I used to see a ton of lotion get depleted til I started stockpiling free lubricant. Last night, I was so excited to get these premium items I had to share my finds when I got home. My two grown sons got upset I mentioned my new finds :P Love to embarass them!

Is there a list somewhere of who accepts RR?

Cub did last night and I think Rainbow does. I got refused when I was at Walmart, but I suspect it was just the cashier.

I want to do more of the deals from this week and roll the RR's somewhere else (donate the items as well)

12. TJ says

The Mento's UP2U Gum is priced at $.99…..not $1.oo. Buying two will cost $1.98, or $.98 with in-store coupon. If trying to use a $1.00 manufacturer coupon to stack with this, most cashiers will not adjust the coupon down unless you demand a manager to come over. The cashier will page the manager 3 or 4 times and by the time the manager arrives they usually will comply with the adjusting policy. Since Walgreens does not train their cashiers to adjust, these types of deals typically turn out to be more trouble than what it's worth.

I did the $10 NICE products last week and noticed you don't get RR for the $2 – you get a "Store Coupon" for $2 (not sure if that's the same this week) – but since it is not a manufacturer coupon would I be able to use without "fillers"?

Shel – It depends on the barcode. Does the barcode look like an ordinary Register Reward where the first number is a 5 or a 9? If so, it'll count as a manufacturer's coupon. If it starts with a different number like a 4 or even a 0, it'll *probably* count as a store coupon.