Target Shopping List 4/15 – 4/21/12

As you get started shopping at Target we’d recommend getting familiar with Target’s price matching policy and Target’s coupon policy. You may want to bring printouts of these with you to the store so that you have them in case you run into issues. If you are new to Pocket Your Dollars, learn how to read this shopping list or troubleshoot problems when printing coupons.

Remember that this is a starting list of deals for the week. As readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store or we get emails with deal ideas, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Target fanatics should check out the ever-changing supply of Target online coupons, be sure to sign up for Target’s text-messaged coupons and browse Target’s weekly ad online. Plus, if you have a Target card, you can get 5% off your total bill when you use the card to pay.

Your turn: What other great deals did you spot?

Comments

• Dawn N says

Manufacture ad says in cookie/cracker isle and found them at Rainbow in their cookie/cracker isle. There is apple, blueberry +

1. Danielle says

I know sometimes Target $5 gift card specials aren't always advertised, but I bought 2 of the Dr. Scholl's mens inserts and didn't receive the $5 GC. I asked the services desk and the guy only could look at the ad. Has anyone seen this special in their area?

2. Sarah says

Anyone got the coppertone deal in the metro area? Was wondering which target had this-would love to get some. Thanks

I got it at Stillwater a couple of weeks ago. Just be aware, in the two stores I went to, there were only 2 Coppertone items with signs saying they were included in the g.c. deal, and they were different items at each store…so take a couple options up to the register and see if they work.

3. JoAnna says

Some great deals at Target today–spent $90 and saved $118 :)

The sampling people were handing out coupon booklets today with Market Pantry coupons.

Also, Target has an online coupon for bogo free Food Saver bags. I bought a $39.99 box (with 5 rolls) and received the same for free.The boxes even had peelies for $2 off each box. $34 for 10 rolls of bags is an amazing deal.

Target garbage bags 200 ct for $11.99 buy 2 get a $5 gift card. There is also a $1 Target printable to go along with the deal. So, 400 bags for $17.98 ($0.04/bag).

I was at Target yesterday and they had Pillsbury cake mix in the Easter clearance for only 50 cents each. There was a small amount of Easter candies and trinkets left at the Burnsville Target on an end cap in the aisles across the grocery section towards the back of the store.

• Dawn N says

thanks, that is a good deal for cake mix without a coupon, should keep for awhile or just use for summer shortcakes

5. Dawn N says

If you have the phone app Shopkicks there are coupons for :

.75 Purex 72-170oz

$1 method item

$1 JR Watkins skin care

$2 Huggies 30-80ct

$1 Burt Bees

$3 Purina One dry food item

There are deals listed as well. The Michael Jackson "This is it" DVD is $4.75 just thought I would add as some maybe good deals.

6. kris t. says

Carrie – or anyone else, I have a scenario for you. I was treated rather rudely at Target the other day and wanted some insight. She acted as if I was trying to scam.

I bought a shirt for 19.99 and used a $3 Target coupon. I saw on Sunday the shirt had gone on sale for $17.99, so I went in to see if I could get a price adjustment for $2. The woman stated that since it was already cheaper with the coupon she couldn't do it.

My thinking is that even with the coupon, if I had bought it on Sunday, it would have been $2 less anyway?

I didn't want to push it because of her rotten attitude (and as it was, I was incorrect about the brand of shirt, it hadn't gone on sale after all), but I could see this happening in the future.

Can you receive price adjustments on items for which you used a coupon? Hope this question makes sense. :)

7. HJH says

So excited to start using this site. However I'm having trouble finding most of the target printable coupons on their website under the grocery section. I click on the link provided to get me to the target printable coupons then select grocery dept. and proceed to click through all the grocery pages of coupons and come to find out there is no coupon for the stated product. Help??

• Mikey says

Sometimes there are just gone by the time I get to them. They do disappear from Target website after a period of time or a certain number are printed I think. Hope that helps. Yes, it's a bummer to see a deal listed and then not find the coupons listed to go with it. So, if you think it's something you'll buy best to just print the coupons as you see them while they are still available.

8. AZ says

I have tried to get price adjustments on items I had used a coupon for and they wouldn't do it for me. They said the computer wouldn't let them.

9. JoAnna says

When it is a store coupon it brings the price down so if the sale price is the same as the with coupon price the register can't adjust–doesn't seem right to me but that is how it works. I have had them return the item and then rebuy it with the sale price and then they took the coupon price off, too (even though I did not have the coupon).

10. JoAnna says

Which coupons are you not finding? Mikey is correct that the coupons may be removed at any time due to a print limit reached, Target wanted to…… If I think I may use the coupon I print it as soon as I see it available (I usually check Sunday morning as they often release new printables then).

11. Judy says

Arm and Hammer free and clear is 4.99 at my target – and on the target website they have a $2 off 1 arm and hammer detergent, so it ended up being 2.99 for a bottle that says it does 50 loads. I think that's close to y'alls price point?

• JoAnna says

That is $0.06/load. That is a good price I especially like that it is for an unscented and a detergent wit no dyes.

12. Sarah says

The GE Light bulbs were only $1.89 at the Woodbury East Target so you only need the Target printable. They also had single 60W equivalent CFL bulbs for $2.99 so you can get those for free using both coupons.

13. mary says

just fyi, the $5 Target Gift Card coupon from 4/1 RP for the Clairol hair color deal scenario expired yesterday, 4/15 :(

14. mary says

just fyi, the Target $5 Gift Card coupon from 4/1 RP, listed for the Clairol hair color deal scenario already expired yesterday, 4/15. :(

15. Mikey says

Anyone have any of the Starbucks coffee coupons that are $1.50 off 1 from the 3/25 Smart Source? I'd love to have a couple of them to stock up on coffee at a good price for my hubby. I'm in north metro and I can't find any in my coupon inserts.

16. Janeen says

Has anyone found the target coupon for the foodsaver vacuum coupon on targets web page?

I went through all the coupons and couldn't find it. Please help!

• Andrea says

I printed the coupon yesterday afternoon and noticed that they changed it to only include the Smart Seal vacuum, Black vacuum or Vertical unit. The original coupon was good for any Foodsaver appliance.

• JoAnna says

I think it has changed a couple times, actually. I printed it Sunday morning and it had the exclusions (though still worked–cashier pushed it through with no questions). Then yesterday I saw posts that there were no exclusions on the coupon. Now it sounds like they are back again. May still work depending on the cashier.

• JoAnna says

I see the bogo Foodsaver bags coupon is still there (household category as Elizabeth stated) but I do not see the $10 Foodsaver appliance coupon anymore.

if anyone has the original foodsaver appliance target coupon that they are not going to use i will trade coupons for it? I have all pet qs and diaper qs if any one wants to trade?

• Laura says

I cannot find it either – I see the bogo for the bags, but not the $10 for the appliance. I'm sad it's gone!

• Elizabeth says

Coupons.com has the foodsaver appliance coupon good on any foodsaver sealing system.

I have the Target coupon valid on Smart Seal or Black vacuum sealing unit or Vertical unit. If someone is interested, you can email me eschmitt@frontiernet.net

17. Sarah says

Lake street still had a couple of the $20 food savers when I went today. They also have the full size one for $50-which would make it $30 after the 2 Qs. Just a heads up I bought the $20 one and even though I had the coupon without the restrictions, it still beeped that a matching item was not found. The cashier pushed it through-so I'm thinking that the Q was not intended for portable one.

18. Sarah says

Also wanted to give a heads up about the charmin-if you look through the packs there are some that are marked $22 coupons inside. You should try to get those because they have Qs for $1/1 pack of charmin and free wipes and a bunch of med stuff and cascade and such. They seem to be replacing them with non coupon ones :(

19. Beth says

Shakopee Target had their spiral hams on sale for half off- 1.49 a pound, if anyone wants to take advantage.

20. Anna B says

I had the same scenario happen to me at least a year ago. I was persistent and (politely) didn't accept the explanation that the computer wouldn't do it and finally the front end manager/person in charge over-road it and gave me the difference in cash back. I think that he just wanted me to leave at that point!

21. AP says

Found a few more deals at Target:

Bic Flex4 Razors originally 6.39 on price cut for 4.99

Use 3.00 off SS 4/15

Makes them 1.99 each

Nivea Mens Face Lotion 4.99

Use $1 off any Nivea face care, Target printable

Plus use $2 off Nivea face care or 2 shaving creams from RP 4/15

Makes them 1.99 each

Also the Target I went to would not allow me to use the $1 off Pantene, Garnier or Herbal Essence coupon on trial/travel sizes. Reason, the register beeped and the manager came over and said that the registers are pre-conditioned not to accept coupons if they are not meant for that product/item. I mentioned twice to him that the coupon does not say, excludes trial/travel sizes and the coupons, especially Target coupons, usually specify the exclusion of trial or travel sizes. He said that there was nothing he could do. (On a side note, I was at a different Target then where I usually go. The Target that I usually go to is very good about pushing through coupons if there is a discrepancy, and I have gotten to know the managers pretty well there. They are always very helpful, so I was a bit surprised. I am not sure if I totally believe that there was "nothing" he could do, but chose to pick my battles on this one and not fight it to the end. It was on travel size items.) Has this happened to anyone else?

22. Michelle says

FYI the Foodsaver rolls BOGO coupon has a max value of $24.99 which is printed on the coupon so it does not work for the $39.99 5 roll box. Also on the Dove deal I bought 2 shampoos and had (2) $2 manf coupons and a $1 styler manf coupon and the the Target coupon for buy 2 Dove hair care products get a free style product. They would not let me use the $1 coupon. They said I could not use it on a free item. The cashier was really rude and kept questioning me about which products went with which coupons. After telling her twice I told her to please read the coupon. I told her it really does not have to be this hard. She replied by saying yes it does have to be hard because it has to be done correctly. I was not trying to get away with anything. I was following all the rules. I went to Cub and Walgreens and had wonderful service but this lady put a sour taste in my mouth and I don't think I was be going to that Target again.

• JoAnna says

I just found that out today about the bogo, Michelle–sorry for the misleading deal idea! I used the coupon for the $39.99 boxes once with no problem but today the cashier noticed the fine print (that I honestly missed before). They did allow the $24.95 max to be deducted still when I bought the $39.99 boxes. Today one Target said no to using a coupon for the free Dove item and another store allowed it with no questions. I obviously like a more lenient coupon policy but what I really prefer is when all stores, cashiers, managers….know their policy and follow equally.

• Michelle says

That would be nice;) I wasn't really upset about them not honoring the coupon. Mainly the cashier was just really rude and treating me like I was stealing. Then she was not going to give me my BOGO foodsaver coupon back. I don't really understand the attitude I got. Many of these were Target coupons printing off Targets website. I got this cashier once before and I remember now that she gave me a really hard time about the coupons. I did get a $3 catalina off when you spend $20 on beauty products. So I went to the other Target in town and got 2 $19.99 foosaver bags and each had a $2 peel of coupon on it. Used my BOGO coupon and then I got 4 of the Everpure shampoos and got a $5 giftcard. The cashier was nice and polite and didn't treat me like a criminal. Between Target and Walgreens I really stocked up on shampoo and conditioner and got some good deals.

23. Dmom says

I'd say I disagree with the registers beeping issue. I have had coupons that were absolutely without a doubt being used on the correct product beep and have to be pushed through. It happens all the time to me. I hate target coupons for this reason because it happens regularly.

• JoAnna says

That is so true, Dmom. I had quite a few Target printables beep today though they were for the correct item. Thankfully the cashier was kind and she checked the items with no complaining/negative attitude and accepted them all. When done she congratulated me on my savings (and I told hey about PYD).

24. Theresa says

Sorry I know this is late in the week but… I was at Target yesterday, Waconia, buying the Starbucks deal and most of the bags of coffee had peelies for a free Refresher. Made the deal even better!!! $7.98 for 2 bags of coffee (that I can redeem for a free cup of coffee) and 2 Refreshers.

just thought I'd share so you could keep an eye open for those too :)

25. JoAnna says

It so depends on the cashier–most are really friendly and congratulate me on my deals (along with the people waiting in line behind me). But as always there are a few who take couponing as an offense against them. I take the bad attitude with a grain of salt and know that I was not cheating the system because I try my best to coupon honestly and fairly (though a few slip by like the bogo as I am not perfect).

26. Rachelle says

Gold n Plump Drumsticks are $2.99.

Use (2) $2/1 MQ (from Star Tribune (non-insert) last week or the week before)

Plus (1) $1.50/2 TQ

Final Price = $0.24 each ($0.48 for both!)

27. sally says

I went to two Targets yesterday & today looking for the Dr Scholls mens insoles deal. I could not find the orthodics. Nothing was marked for a $5 gift card. Where did this deal come from?