Rainbow Foods, Copps, Pick N Save Shopping List 3/25 – 3/31/12

If you are new to shopping Double Daze, be sure to read Roundy’s (Rainbow Foods, Copps, and Pick N Save’s) double coupon policy before you get started to understand all the restrictions of their double coupon promotion.

If you shop at Copps and your ad doesn’t match the items mentioned in this shopping list, then check out what we saw for sales last week.

Two things to remember about this list of deals. First, it does not include every sale-priced item that has a coupon. It only has those items whose final price is low enough for us to mention it. Second, it is a starting list: as we learn of more deals whose final price is low enough, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

New to Pocket Your Dollars? Learn to read this shopping list. If you have issues printing coupons, then try the troubleshooting suggestions found here.

Your turn: What other deals did you find this week?

Comments

1. Sarah says

The Gold N Plump chicken was only for bone in chicken so it wouldn't have worked with this. Also the mentos gum Q says do not double :(

• heidi says

the Gold n plump chicken that is on sale is 5.99 in Eden prairie and 6.99 at the Chaska store. This is a hormone free chicken and i LOVE feeding it to my family. there is a .75 on one coupon that was in a smart on 2-26 it expires on 3-31

• Rachel says

April 7th? The stores (at least mine) are doing an Easter Egg hunt for kids in the morning. Combine that with Double double days and I think it would be a tad crazy.

Any confirmation on this?

2. Cheri A says

Just wanted to let anyone know that is concerned about the pink slime in ground beef, I spoke to one of the butchers at Rainbow last week. He confirmed that the meat that is packaged at Rainbow is ground there daily, and it does not contain LFTB. Look for the labels that say 100% ground beef. The round tubes of beef that they sell could contain it. Blech!

I've been buying my ground beef at Sam's Club, and I inquired there was told no. But since then, a corporate statement has come out that they will now offer meat that doesn't contain LFTB probably means that I have been unknowingly buying it.

I think I will choose to stock up at Rainbow from now on and consider moving my membership to Costco, who made a statement right away that their meat was free of that stuff. Blech!

• Amanda says

Thank you so much for checking into this Cheri, I was worried. Now I can happily continue to buy at Rainbow =)

3. Sarah says

there is a hallmark printable coupon for $2/3 when you "like" "halmark tell them" on facebook. Not sure if this can be combined with the roundy's offer but if so it would make for a great deal!

4. karen says

Carrie, I'm on the way to Lunds. Can't find post. Cub's post from this week doesn't even come up when I click on the additional lists. This is the last listing next one is a way off date. Is it my computer or the website. Thanks.

5. Melissa W. says

On the deal idea above, buy 10 mens suave bodywashes and use 5 coupons, you can only use 2 coupons per transaction now. The coupons say limit of 2 identical coupons per shopping trip. This is the first time I noticed this being the case so they must have just changed it.

Hello I wanted to tell you oin the UP2U gum it's priced at $1.59 at the Plymouth Store and if you bought ten of them you'd get an overage of .41 cents because of yesterdays paper 1.00 coupon

7. Alex says

Walmart.com has a $1/2 Digiorno's Pizza (any) coupon available after playing a March Madness game (it takes about 10 seconds and I don't think you can lose) that looks like it will work with the 5 for $11 deal:
    Doubling two coupons brings your out-of-pocket total to $7, or $1.40 per pizza, which is further lowered to $.60 per pizza after the money of your next order!

Alex

• Alex says

I may have spoken too soon–it says any two Digiorno Pizzas (12.6-36.8 oz). Does anyone know how much a Stuffed Crust for One weighs?

Alex

• Alex says

I'm not sure–on Digiorno's website the only info I could find for "for one" pizzas was that some are 9oz, but they didn't have info for the stuffed crust variety, so let's hope that crust adds a few ounces!

Alex

8. jessica says

Has anyone tried the $4 off 4 Kelloggs internet Q? I was just wondering since I have never used a coupon of such high value before. I would hate for the Q to be denied.

9. Kris L says

Hi!

The GE light bulb coupon is in the April All You magazine (not March). It's a manufacture's coupon, but says "redeemable only at WalMart" Will Rainbow still take it?

10. wayne says

Those who have a meat grinder or don't care for chuck roasts(Carrie) making your own is an option. USDA choice black angus and you control the fat sounds like some tasty burgers for the grill this weekend.

11. heidi says

the cashier told me they would be doing an egg hunt and double double. i think your right about being crazy, maybe she is wrong, they did trick or treating and hardly anyone was there for that….i guess we will wait and see :)

• Rachel says

Thanks, Heidi! Now that I remember it, I think last year they had double double on Easter weekend too. I'm pretty sure I did 3 transactions because the Ronzoni pasta was on sale (free with doubled coupons).

12. shannon b says

Perdue chicken is on sale and there is a facebook coupon for it. It's a progressive coupon that gets bigger the more people that click like.

I have tried Perdue chicken nuggets and they are the best tasting frozen chicken nuggets I have found yet. Even grandma like them.

13. Alex says

On Rainbow's website I saw Gold'n Plump Frozen Ground Chicken is on sale for $2.50 for a 1lb chub. If you were able to get the printable coupon (it looks like it's out of prints now) it should work for this as well, making the price $.50/lb after doubled $1/1 coupon.

Alex

14. Jeff says

I understand the additional $10 purchase to get the pepsi price, but does the price of the pepsi count towards the maditory $25 for your other coupons to double? Thanks!

Jeff

15. Kathleen says

There was an Angel Soft .45 coupon in the 3/25 SS…combined with Rainbow Coupon Book Coupon and doubled makes for a price of $4.08 (.34 per roll). We love that brand, so I am going to grab some!

16. Jennifer says

I live in Blaine, MN. Since we lost our local postal office, the mail delivery has been bad. I never got the March All you. So I contacted all you and they were going to send me another march issue. But it is since 19 days. In the same email, they suggested me to check with my local post office. But there is no more local office here. The closest post office I would have to go to Coon Rapids. I wonder what other magazine that I never got in the mail. I got the April issue of All You.

17. Elise says

On the Speed Stick BOGO, can I also use the $1/1 manufacturer's coupon from the paper? That would make them $1 each.

18. Laura says

If you get the Vicks Dayquil and Nyquil; don't forget to use the BOGO Puffs tissues expiring the 31st from the latest P&G insert.

19. Sarah says

The mentos gum was $1.59 so with the coupon (if it doubles) will be about $0.40 each. Not much less than the price at wags right now. But you would get 2 with one Q.

20. amyg says

The Bloomington Rainbow had a display just past the produce/deli and before the meat case. Buy 6 GM cereals @ regular price get $9 off instantly. The smaller boxes were all around $3.20 and I had numerous $1/2 that I doubled. I purchased 6 boxes of cereal for $4.20 (after discounts) this morning.

21. Colleen says

How many transactions can we get credit for in a day?

Is there a list of the gas stations accepting the roundys card?

22. Konnie says

I try to use 2 coupons for the Gold’n Plump Fresh Boneless chicken that buy1 get 1 free but the system won't beep the 2nd one so i didn't get the items. I thought this work for me before. Any one else has any problem.

23. Brock says

Kind of a weird week. Here in Madison, WI, our ads normally run Thurs – Wed and this week the only ad posted online says it's a 3 day sale Thurs – Sat. Since I normally go every Wed it's almost like this ad doesn't exist for me! Wonder if we'll get back on the normal schedule next time.

Also, I really wish our soda deals were the same. Our prices here are always higher than what you list. For the Pepsi deal, ours is 4 for $12.

24. Cheri A says

Thanks, Sarah. I am checking Costco out with my friend tomorrow afternoon. She is a member, so I plan on buying some meat there.

25. Michelle says

Is Rainbow not doing double daze this Saturday ( 31st?) If not wonder if I can hold the family out till the 7th for the DDD! :) Thanks again Carrie for the posting, love the new look of the site!

( Been on a coupon break for a few months, glad to be back!)

26. Barb says

Hi, Just saw this on FB, not sure if it goes well with any coupons this week, but BOGO is always a good deal!

Our Thrifty Thursday deal is out: Buy One, Get one FREE Cranberry Naturals! https://www.facebook.com/OldOrchard/app_201143516

Go to the Old Orchard FB page to get the Q-

Thrifty Thursday – BOGO Coupon!

Today only, get a special Buy One, Get One FREE Coupon for Cranberry Naturals juice drinks. Offer good while supplies last.

• Alex says

Unfortunately Roundy's store policy prohibits printable coupons for free items (whether they be straight up "1 free" or BOGO). This has thwarted many a great deal for me! It would probably be good to print it for a future sale at Cub or Target, though.

Alex

27. Michelle says

Anyone have any luck with the $1/2 Totino's coupon? It says I already printed it and if I did it was several months ago.

28. Kris E says

I have a Palermo's coupon from one of the Sunday papers, not in the database so must be retional. Anyone know the source? Sorry, pulled the page wehn I saw it knowing I'd use it, but didn't keep track of source.

29. Katie says

I received an email from Gold'n Plump for $1.50 off ground chicken, so that's a pretty good deal if anyone else received that one.

30. toni says

I live in central Wis and have the same schedule as you do (and I love it!). Usually around any holiday (Easter) our schedule takes a turn and runs the same and everyone else's, just until after the holiday. It's a minor inconvenience, but should return to 'normal'.

Ditto for the soda sales up here.

31. Sarah Sonnier says

There is also a coupon for Frigo brand cheese, any package (says Do Not Double, code starts with a 5) for $0.50/1, if you have a store that doubles it, better deal than above, but even if it doesn't double, it is the same as the above final price (maybe good to getting to $25?). Expires 3/31 though so it would only work tomorrow. It was in the 12/04/11 SS (waaaay back ;-)

Not sure if someone else has posted this already, but there's a $1/1 MQ for Filippo Berio Olive Oil in the SS 1/15. Will it work for this size? (I don't have my Qs at work with me to look right now.)

33. Lori says

Can someone tell me if they've ever had the same problem I had on my Wednesday shopping trip… because I checked Rainbows coupon policy when I got home and I'm still pretty sure I was right.

I bought 3 Dove shampoo's at $6.50 each and used (1) B2G1 free and (2) $1.00 off 1

The cashier said I had too many coupons and that I could use either the B2G1 or the $1.00/1's, but not both. My argument was that I should be able to use the $1.00/1 on the 2 items that I was buying, and that since I was in fact buying them, I should be able to use the other coupon to get the third one free. She refused.

I asked to speak to a manager and the manager then says that the B2G1 coupon is "all encompassing" and that it's attached to all 3 products, not just the one, and that if I were to use it with other coupons I would be "double dipping". I had another Fabreeze B1G1 and a $1.00 off 1 (was buying 2) and she said I couldn't use them together either. I wasn't trying to use a coupon on the free item, just on the one I was buying.

And by the way, none of the coupons had wording that would prohibit me from using them together.

I have never had this problem before and from what I read on Rainbows coupon policy it doesn't look as if there is a specific policy on this.

Any thoughts?

• Dedra says

I have had some stores accept stacked coupons like this, and I have had others reject them. I think it depend on the store.

• Mel says

I have always assumed that BOGO coupons attach to both items and understand how that is considered two coupons per purchase. You never see deals on PYD, or the couple other coupon sites I occasionally visit, with deals including both BOGO and $X/1 coupons so it never even occurred to me that it would be possible. I've never seen a policy or post specifically addressing this issue before though, hopefully an expert can chime in.

Typically the coupons with wording like "save $X off chicken when you buy cheese" only attach to the chicken but I've had a few that attach to both items and I've been refused the second coupon. If the cashier will try scanning and it gives a "no available items" error then I move on to my next deal and let it go, but I would try to convince the cashier to at least TRY scanning the coupon.

34. Lori says

PS…anyone who bought Golden Plump chicken this or last week probably got a peelie attached to it for "$2.00 off chicken when you buy a Kraft Season Blend". I tried to buy the chicken and season blend and use the $2.00 chicken and a $.75/1 season blend coupon and was told I couldn't use both of those either (the $2.00 one being "all encompassing")

The peel-off coupon "attached itself", from the cash register's perspective, to the Kraft Seasoning Blend because (I suspect) the fine print reads that Kraft will reimburse the store for the coupon, making it a Kraft coupon.

35. AmandaB says

Buy 5 krave cereal @ 1.88 (shelf $3.89)

use 5 .75 off coupons, doubled

= .38 a box

great deal! wish that this was one that included free milk and/or eggs!

36. Dedra says

http://www.floridagrapefruitrubycouponlp.com/coup… I thought I got this from your page a while back, but maybe not. it made the grapefruits free when they had the 2/$3 sale, I have also used it on juice, as it is available for any florida grapefruit product and does not expire until May. With this weeks list you have a .55 printable coupon, where as this one would double to $2