Target Shopping List 2/19 – 2/25/12

As you get started shopping at Target we’d recommend getting familiar with Target’s price matching policy and Target’s coupon policy. You may want to bring printouts of these with you to the store so that you have them in case you run into issues. If you are new to Pocket Your Dollars, learn how to read this shopping list or troubleshoot problems when printing coupons.

Remember that this is a starting list of deals for the week. As readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store or we get emails with deal ideas, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Target fanatics should check out the ever-changing supply of Target online coupons, be sure to sign up for Target’s text-messaged coupons and browse Target’s weekly ad online. Plus, if you have a Target card, you can get 5% off your total bill when you use the card to pay.

Your turn: What other great deals did you spot?

Comments

1. Martha says

I think the Honey Bunches of Oats/Silk soy milk is off a bit. Having to buy 2 cereals means the cost is a little higher – I calculated $1.45 each.

• Erin G. says

Actually the Target coupon is for $2 off of 1 box of Post cereal and 1 carton of Silk…so the math is correct, the wording on the Target coupon link is a little off. :)

2. Erin G. says

There were previously some Welch's Fizz coupons available on coupons.com…I had printed some $2/1 coupons a few weeks back, so combined with the target coupon these were free this week!

Also the Maybelline Baby Lips are priced at $2.99 each at my Target (Woodbury), so those would be free also – unfortunately the shelves were cleared today.

The Welch's Natural Jellies at my store were also less – $2.19-$2.29, making them only $.44-$.54 each after coupons!

3. Jackie M. says

Since the Target coupons say "one offer per guest" do they let you do seperate transactions or would I have to go back to the store multiple times in order to use multiple coupons?

• JoAnna says

I am usually at Target a couple times each wk so I have a pile of coupons for each trip. It is usually busy so I haven't tried multiple transactions in the same trip.

• Jackie M. says

Okay so that's my question….for example, if I wanted to buy 4 of the Dannon Activia packs that are on sale this week I would need 2 Target coupons but the coupons say "one offer per guest". Does that mean then that I need to make 2 trips to the store?

4. Dealwagger says

The few times I have gone to Target they let me use all the coupons I have, even the same type of Target coupon, all in one transaction. Others have commented saying they have had the same results or have done separate transactions. It will depend on your cashier, hope that helps.

• Drew says

Usually the cashiers just push it through because Targets register/coupon/receipt system too complicated to figure out.

The fact that most of the cashiers are teenagers probably is a factor as well.

5. Jackie M. says

Has anyone done the diaper deal yet? It looks like the deal is using more than 1 Target coupon per item ($2/1 Huggies Diapers 44 ct or larger and $2.50/2 Huggies Diapers 44ct. or larger AND Huggies Wipes 64 ct. or larger). I just want to make sure that this deal is going to work before I head over there.

• Mel says

Should be fine since you're buying two packs of diapers (and one wipe) and using Target Qs for two packs of diapers (and one wipe) I'm sure the reason the deal is posted like this is to avoid using more than one of the same Target coupon.

6. Laurie says

Can't you use these coupons for the Starbucks to make it a better deal? I don't have them in front of me so maybe they are expired??

Buy 1 and use $1/1 from 12/4 Smart Source insert or

Buy 2 and use $3/2 from 12/4 Smart Source insert

• Sarah Sonnier says

However, if you have any of the coupons that Starbucks was passing out when they did the Blonde promotion ($1/1), those don't expire until 3/5/12. It applies to a 12 or 16 oz bag or any Via, excl. 3 pk). It also does NOT state that it is void if sold, so you might be able to find it on ebay.

Plus don't forget the bag can also be used to get a free tall drip coffee (i.e. regular, nothing fancy)…which adds $1.40-1.60 value for each bag). :-)

7. Tina Q says

The Welch's natural 27 oz. was 1.87 at Minnetonka Target. I used my .55/1 to make it a great deal!

Minnetonka Target also had a 20 pack of Finish dw tablets with a 4.2 oz bottle of jet dry rinse agent attached on clearance for 3.48! I used my .75/1 Finish coupon. Considering the rinse agent comes free with it, I was pretty excited to see this deal!

8. Jackie M. says

I noticed when I got home with my diapers that one of my boxes has a $1 coupon peelie on it so make sure you check the boxes! Also, I'm not sure how it happened but my Mentos coupons all rang through at their full face value, making the mentos a money maker for me. That never happens at Target…usually the coupon adjusts down to the price of the item!

9. Melissa says

It depends on the store/cashier. There are many times I use multiple of the same Target coupons in one transaction. I usually try to seperate the coupons as to not flag the cashier. Only one time did I have a cashier tell me I could not use them. The register always just rings them through so I would say the only hold up would be the cashier. When the one cashier told me no, I did not argue, I just asked for my coupons back and told her to remove the item, not a big deal at all.

10. sally says

Does anyone know if the inilever deal from last week is still good. I was there last week and forgot my coupons. I wish I would have bought them anyway and came back with the coupons.

Next week (2/26) there will be a $1/1 Mio coupon in the Smartsource insert. Right now there is a printable Target coupon on Target's website for $1/1 Mio. These can be stacked to get Mio for (I believe) $1.84, which is a little less than half price!

12. Jennifer Francis says

I was at the SLP Target yesterday getting Glade Plug Ins, and the coupons state as all coupons do, 1 coupon per purchase, well we all know that a purchase is considered 1 product. The cashier callled the manager over and he said "I can only use 1 coupon per transaction" I showed him that every coupon states that and a purchase is considered 1 item. I even showed him other coupons where it stated you can only use 4 identical coupons in the same transaction which was not the case with these. He said he can refuse to sell these to me using coupons and only let me purchase 2 and made the cashier ring them up in seperate transactions. I have never had a problem at SLP Target before so just beware when shopping there, I don't know how to get around it or explain to him any better. I was clearly in the right and was getting exactly what was stated on the coupon. Didn't know if anyone else has experienced that problem there or anywhere. Also in conclusion there are Glade Plugs Ins at that store. They are located on the end cap of the freshener aisle.

13. Alex says

I haven't been couponing a lot at Target recently, but I thought manufacturer coupons tended to ring up at full value whereas Target coupons would adjust down to the value of the item. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Alex

14. Kae says

$5 gift card when you purchase 2 playtext 36 ct products. There is a coupon for $2.50 off the purchase of 2 products. Products were $6.99 each. 13.98-5.00-2.50 = 6.48 for two 36 boxes or 3.24 per box.

Not sure if it is the best deal around. Better than full price though :)

15. EC says

What's a good target price for charmin per roll? I always have a hard time pricing out because of different size packaging.

• JoAnna says

You really don't want to spend more than $0.25/roll for any toilet paper (if at all possible). You can also go by pricing it $0.01 per square–that should help with the varying sizes of rolls.

• Sara says

I am brand loyal to charmin as well. My buy price is 18 cents per roll. So if it is 12 double rolls =24 single rolls…I divide the cost by 24. Same for mega rolls. So 6 mega rolls=24 single rolls. I divide the price by the 24 or number of single rolls.

16. mags says

Regarding charmin…I shop for a person who really likes their charmin (brand loyal). They like to pay no more than $0.50 for a Charmin "double roll". Most Charmin packaging compares whatever the size roll (mega, large, or double) to their single rolls of Charmin.

17. Sharon says

The glade warmer are at the Fridley Target for $0.84 clearance. I bought 3 warmer and used my 3 $1.50 coupons and received a $1.98 overage.

18. AP says

Went to Target this week and found a few additional deals. (Please note I do not recall the exact date of the SS or RP Coupon so if someone else has the date and can share that would be great! Sorry in advance!)

1. First Pillsbury Valentine Frosting and Cake mix is 90% off. The cake is 0.15 per box and the frosting is 0.16 per box. I got six of each for $1.86 a savings of $17.28. Both will still be good next year according to expiration date.

2. Kellogg Cereal

Krave for 3.16 each

Use Target Printable of $1/2

Plus 2/0.75 coupons from 2/19 SS

Makes them $1.91 each

OR

Cinnamon Almond Raisin Bran $3.16 each (PS: This cereal is absolutely fantastic! I almost want to eat for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner…if that is not a marketing ploy!)

Use Target Printable of $1/2

Plus 2/$1 off any Raisin Bran (I think Feb 4 or 11 SS, if someone could verify?)

Makes them $1.66 each

3. Revlon Cosmetics

Eyeliners $8.49 (Most all of the eyeliners and nail polish are on Clearance now for $4.24)

Use Target Printable of $2 off a Revlon Item

Plus 1/$1 off any Revlon cosmetic (I think Feb 4 or 11, again verification needed…please!)

Makes them as low as $1.24 a piece, if you can find the clearance price

Some additional deals I found! Thanks for the site, love it, love it, love it, use it all the time!

19. Sarah says

Anyone recently seen the single roll of up and up paper towels around? I forgot I had a couple of the coupons printed out-but when I went to target today (midway) they were out. Was told by someone stocking the shelves they won't be getting any in for a couple of weeks. Bummer-the coupon expires sunday :(

20. Kari Mc says

Regarding the .05 credit for bags – I have been re-using a paper bag from a Super Target for about a month without any problem. Today, the cashier at the Southtown Target informed me that the policy only applied to "reusable" bags and if I wanted the credit, I would need to pack my own order in the paper bag (which I did). The nickel isn't really an issue – just trying to be a good steward of the planet – any thoughts??

21. andrea says

I work at target and we give the 5 cent credit for any bag/container someone brings into the store. doesnt need to be the "reusable" ones, if they bring in a crate, a box, a plastic bag or paper bag, they get the credit if its used. if someone brings in 7 bags and only use 5 for their items, they get credit for 5 bags not 7. I don't know why some cashiers are so hard to deal with sometimes!! I have NEVER heard of any one telling a customer to pack their own pack their own bag to get the credit if its not reusable! That is ridiculous. I would call corporate!!

• Brenda says

I even bought a Rubbermaid bin the other day and the cashier loaded some of my stuff into it and then gave me the 5 cent credit! :)

22. Erin G. says

That's what it does for me…for example on the Welch's Fizz ($2.50) – I used my $1/1 Target Q first (took off $1), then used my $2/1 MQ, and it took off $2…so it actually gave me a $.50 overage. I think if they were scanned in the other order, it would have adjusted the Target Q down to $.50.

23. Thao says

I had the same thing happen to me last week at Walmart. I was only able to buy one of each things I planned to buy. Since I'm new to couponing I couldn't explain it to them and left feeling like a real criminal. I think a lot of the stores are running into bad couponers and we're getting the bad end of it. :(

• Thao says

I don't think the cashiers and managers that we run into that refuse us from perfectly good deals do couponing themselves otherwise I believe they would understand it better and we wouldn't be turned away.

24. Adam says

Went to pick up a few items at the Stillwater Target, and their Up & Up ibuprofen is marked down to 99cents. Makes it free if you were able to print off the $1.00 off up&up coupon from Target website. They didn't have many left on the shelf.