Cub Foods Shopping List 1/8 – 1/14/12

Cub Foods has a buy two, get one free sale on many different products this week, plus pick up Smart Ones, Johnson & Johnson products, and more.

According to Cub Foods’ official coupon policy, their stores accept manufacturer-issued coupons up to 3 months past their expiration date (and in some cases up to 5 or 6 months past), so some of those referenced on this list are expired. If you are new to Pocket Your Dollars, then learn to read this shopping list. If you are having issues, troubleshoot problems printing coupons here.

Remember that this is a starting list of deals for the week. As readers leave comments with bargains they found at their local store or we get emails with deal ideas, we will update this list. Items that are added throughout the week will be noted as NEW. Items whose final price changes as a result of a new or modified coupon scenario will be noted as UPDATED. At least once this week we will send out a reminder to come back and check this list for the hottest new deals.

Your turn: What other deals did you spot this week?

About Carrie Rocha

I am passionate about helping people live within their means so they can get out and stay out of debt. I live in Minneapolis, MN with my husband and two little girls.

Comments

1. Does anyone know if Cub would let me bring my receipt to customer service and get $5 back if i give them the $5 off $50 coupon? Of course I left it at home… So frustrating, but I didnt want to unload $60 worth of groceries once i checked out.

2. I received the coupon booklet in the mail and it included two $5 off $50 coupons. One expires 1/21 and the other is valid 1/22-2/4. Also love the Holiday gas coupons that are calculated using the precoupon price. SA doubled my $0.20 coupon to $0.40!

3. $1.50 off a 5 lb box of Clementines from Cub's weekly email

4. $4.99 for 8 piece Cub deli chicken (also from their weekly email).

5. Katherine says:

Two other deals: cub has a $1.50/1 5lb box of cuties oranges on their website. Pair that with the .75/1 manufacturer coupon from an insert a few weeks ago and it should come out to a pretty good deal.

Also, the tyson chicken nuggets are 4.99. There's a $1/1 coupon in the 8/21 ss bringing them to $3.99 which is a good deal for those!

• Katherine,

They are both manufacturer coupons so you can only use one coupon.

• Katherine says:

I just double checked my coupons…the printable one from Cub is specifically a STORE coupon. This is what it says on the top "Store Coupon". It is produced by Cub so it's only theirs. Therefore, you can combine it with the .75/1 manufacturers coupon to get a better deal. :) Good thing too because we sure go through these fast!

6. No luck finding the following coupons:

Red Gold – no coupon found on the site despite logging in.

DiGiorno's $2/1 coupon – Received HTTP 400 Bad Request message.

7. yes cub customer service can help you if you forgot your 5 dollar coupon. i work at the one on white bear ave by home depot.

8. I cannot get the $1/3 coupon to print for the Tomatoes…anyone had this issue?

9. Stephanie R says:

I'm so mad! I didn't receive a coupon book in the mail. I always do, but I didn't this time around :(

10. Hello,

Are there better deals than the morton salt ii savers that's 2 for $9.00 in the cub ad this week and then paired with the $1 off 2 it would be like a pretty good deal right? Or can you get it cheaper elsewhere? Is it ever free?

Thanks!

Laura

• Laura,

I think $2.50 or less is a good price for salt.

• I have never seen it free. Walmart price is $4.43. So it is a better deal then Walmart. I have gotton it as low as $3.00 in the past few months. I live in Rochester so prices could be different.

11. Thanks, well I think I'm going to go for it, plus it will get me to $50 so I can use a $5 off coupon before every other coupon. Then I'll watch for lower prices as the months go on, but cause I need it now… I'll buy it. Thanks everyone!

Laura

• I've gotten Morton salt cheap lately at Menards on sale.

They also often have rebate deals that can be paired with the manu Q to make it even cheaper. Plus they sell the 50lb bags instead of the regular 40lb, so 20% larger. Something to keep in mind when comparing prices.

12. The cuties coupon doesn't work-tried it on two separate computers and I get the msg that I have printed it too many times (haven't printed it even once)

Good deal if it does work though-when you combine it with the sale at Lunds and Beyerly's.

• I printed yesterday with no problem but I can't try it at work since printing coupons is blocked. Anyone else?

• Sarah, The link above did not work, probably because Joanna had already printed it. The one that came to me directly in an email printed fine.

• Rebecca S says:

The coupon that prints is for any 5lb box of clementines (not specifically cuites), and is ONLY good at SUPERVALU stores (ie Cub). It is a store coupon, and therefore can be combined it at Cub with a manufacturer's coupon, but you wouldn't be able to use it at Lunds or Byerly's.

• Rebecca-since I can't see the coupon-I had no idea it said supervalu on it! Thanks for the link Joanna-I tried printing using the other link and had no luck either :( Its weird though I never got the coupon even though I am signed up for their email lists-oh well.

• Rebecca S says:

Just wanted to make sure that no one went to extreme lengths to get it to print and then be disappointed! :)

13. Just to be sure that Cub allows a coupon for the free item? Can't remember.

14. I can't seem to find the cuties coupon on FB – am I missing something?

15. .35/1 11/6 RP, expired 12/6 would make these .98 Each

Francesco Rinaldi Pasta Sauce (24 oz.) – Buy 2, Get 1 Free

Buy 3 to get sale price, no coupon needed

Final price: $1.33 each

there's also a .75/2 weight watchers sept/oct coupon out there.

16. I liked cuties on Facebook and can't find anything about a coupon either. :(

17. Are the clementines any good? They are out of season right now.

• A quick Google search says that clementines peak in December, and January.

The ones I've had recently were good.

18. Does anyone happen to know the price of Chef Boyardee raviolis at Rainbow? I see that Cub has them for $.84/can, but I'd love to double the coupons for a better deal if possible.

19. Is $1.40 a good price for the Chi-Chi's salsa? (sale price + 50 cent coupon from Sunday's paper)

20. The Del Monte fruit cups are part of the B2G1 and there was a $1/2 in I think this Sundays RP. That would be $1.16 each.

21. With the great Red Gold deal at Rainbow this I am not surprised that the Qs are going fast.

22. Ok, figured out what's going on with the cuties FB coupon – here's what it says further down their wall:

"Cuties

Hope you had a wonderful holiday! For those of you inquiring about the online coupons, they were available while supplies lasted. Sorry if you were not able to get one this time, but we will release more in the coming weeks. Please stay tuned!"

Bummer! :(

23. I was at Cub last night (love shopping at midnight!). Pepsi, Mt. Dew and Sierra Mist Natural in the small can (7.5 oz.) 8 pack or the 12 oz bottles in an 8 pack are also on the buy 2 get one free sale as well as shown on page 3 of the newspaper ad. The sale price is buy 2 8-packs for $6.00 and get one 8-pack free. There was also a $2.00 off 2 coupon in one of the SS 1/1/12 inserts for these sizes. So I purchased 6 of the 12 oz. bottle 8 packs for a total of $12.00 and used 3 of the $2.00 off 2 coupons and spent $6.00 which made each 8 pack $1.00.

If you look at it from a 24 pack standpoint, I got a 24 pack of pop for $3.00. For us, that was a really good score!

24. Does anyone know how much the 5lb box is pre-coupon?

25. Stephanie R says:

Yes, but they don't have the $5 off now and later coupons.

26. There is also an IP for S&W beans 1$ off 5- not as good as the RP ones.

27. With the J&J offer of 5$ off 20-According to the ad in SS, Neosporin was also included. There are IP out there for $1 off any.

28. Nicole Manhood says:

Fellow Couponers: Need Advice.

I am looking at the 3 Suave products for $5. And I have multiple coupons I am trying to use in the correct way. Trying to figure out how I can use multiple manufacture coupons without exceeding the 1 per item. I have:

3 – Save $1 on any 2 Suave Kids

3 – Buy 2 get 1 Free Body Wash

4 – Buy 3 Suave get 1 Free

Can I use 2, Buy 3 get 1 w/ the Save $1 on any 2?

Can I use 2, Buy 3 get 1 w/ the Buy 2 get 1 free?

Since technically I would be using those coupons for the 4th free item….I am not really using that coupon on the ones I am accually purchasing?

Does that make sence to anyone???

29. Katherine says:

There's a different .75/1 Cuties coupon available from the 12/4 SS insert. It expired on 1/4 but shouldn't be a problem with Cub accepting expired coupons.

30. Katherine says:

Did anyone see this yet? A post on Cub's Facebook page. What a deal!! :

Grilling in January? At these temps you sure can and let Cub supply the grilling items. Stop into Cub now through Thursday (1/12) and pick-up a 20 ounce package of Gold’N Plump fresh boneless, skinless chicken breast for only $1.99, limit 1 package. To print this coupon simply click the following link http://bit.ly/w5iawP or show this post to the cashier at check-out on your mobile device. Make sure to “share” this exclusive Facebook offer to all of your friends!!

31. Sorrento Ricotta cheese is on sale at cub for $2.69. Matched up with the 3/2 coupon in the 10-16 SS would make it 1.19$ for a 15oz container

32. Gayle~ Thank you, thank you for this tip!!

33. steve johnson says:

I was not able to print it. It says that I already printed it. I haven't.

34. Agreed – Menards has the best price on this when you get the rebate deal and use the $1/2 coupon, considering the size of the bag. Rainbow also puts them on sale for $4.44 apiece, so they'll be $3.44 after the $1/2 coupon is doubled.

I got a free coupon once from Morton for emailing them and telling them how much we enjoy their products and how it's the only brand my husband wants us to use. It's worth a shot. :)

35. Jenny – I use Aldi's price as a target price for salsa. Theirs is $1.79/24oz, so $0.07/oz. So $1.40/16oz is about $0.09/oz – not a bad price, but not rock bottom.

36. Thanks, Sarah!

37. Just wondering if any of the family favorites is a good price. Didn't see them on th list

38. Katherine says:

I know! I was so excited, I called my husband when I saw that post on FB. He didn't get as excited as me…just laughed and said, "glad you're saving money!"

39. Bummer though the Gold n Plump facebook coupon was for ground chicken would have been an even better deal :P

40. Which day does sa double coupons?

41. Jill Pearson says:

$1/1 weres the chicken coupon

42. They were out of 5# boxes at my store, and the produce guy let me substitute a 3# bag, which was $4.99, used the $1.50 coupon, plus I used the manu. coupon that was on the same page as the 5# coupon–don't remember how much that one was for–but definitely got them for <$1/lb. So it pays to ask!

43. I just did the same thing today, except with the $5 off Golden Plump coupon! I hope they will be forgiving with that one, too. Otherwise, I guess I could just return the chicken I bought and buy it again with the coupon, which would just be a hassle for them!

44. The Enfamil Infant and Newborn tubs are $22.99 each

45. You got 1/1 for the facebook coupon?

46. Gold n Plump link says the offer has ended! :(

47. Thanks I just went and bought 12 packs for $12!!!!

48. I was at Target last night & they had cuties 5 lb for $3.99

1. [...] the full list of deals at Cub Foods this week here. Be the first to know about the hottest deals at your local stores. Sign up to get free updates [...]

2. [...] week’s match ups from Cub come to you from Pocket Your Dollars.com.  Click HERE to see what the best deals are this [...]